What does your SO (Signifigant Other) do to support you?

Options

Replies

• alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My SO is a 9 year old white german shepherd by the name of Tierna. She supports me by running with me and keeping the perfect pace.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    nothing...mine is an old *kitten* that only thinks about himself. So he gets mad if I made something "new" for supper that's not full of calories and crap nobody needs to be eating. He gets mad if there's not crap in the house that he can just sit around and eat all the time. (he's a twig and is always telling people he's being starved)...I suggested he get tested for a worm. He's got RA and instead of telling his doctor when he has check ups that I'm trying to get him to eat healthier ..he informs her that I'm not feeding him. ...do I need to go on? I have NO support here.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    My amazing husband has loved me at every size but he is so supportive of all my effort in diet and exercise. He is ready everyday after dinner to walk our fast paced 2 miles. He suggests healthy things for dinner to help with the menus and grocery shopping. He grabs my bottom or waist and says how firm I am getting. He is wonderful.
  • MsTT80
    MsTT80 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My other half supports me by being on here with me. He does not need to loose as much as me, but he wants to be healthier and encourages me. We eat similar meals so I don't have to cook 2 meals, he joins me on walks for exercise and he even picks out clothes for me when shopping...things I would never have picked out before. He is lovely x
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend tells me all the time he is happy with my body as it is now... and tells me i dont need to change.. ( but we all know men want a girl with a smoking hot body)
    But since i told him i want to change for myself.. he is encouraging me.. he is pretty lazy himself.. plays video games a lot.. but when ever i go to his house we always go on walks together.. & we make healthy dinners together.. he tells me good job & keep at it. Seems like he is supportive. I just hope he will still like my body when i lose another 20 + lbs.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    nothing...mine is an old *kitten* that only thinks about himself. So he gets mad if I made something "new" for supper that's not full of calories and crap nobody needs to be eating. He gets mad if there's not crap in the house that he can just sit around and eat all the time. (he's a twig and is always telling people he's being starved)...I suggested he get tested for a worm. He's got RA and instead of telling his doctor when he has check ups that I'm trying to get him to eat healthier ..he informs her that I'm not feeding him. ...do I need to go on? I have NO support here.

God I hate your husband.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    My husband drives me to-from my running club meeting spot. He doesn't complain about it either....lol
    He also does the grocery shopping and always buys me new veggies to try.

He has also been complimenting me a lot more, and boasting about my weight loss to all his friends/family. He tells me how proud of me he is.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    He holds up my jugs.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Um... not a bloody thing! He has the metabolism of a hummingbird and eats like a 5 year old would if given the means (money and transportation).

I hate to admit it, but as we both get older, I've taken devilish pleasure when I started hearing him complain that it gets harder and harder for him to just drop that 2.5 pounds he gained eating crap. Now, he's actually working out a bit - but if I say squats are good for you, he'll tell me they're the worst exercise ever. There is no winning with him, so I go my way and do my thing.... and watch as he slowly but surely comes around to doing exactly the same things I am.

So sweet...
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I get a bj for every pound lost.

Kinda gross but kinda funny to know you've gotten 21 of them so far
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I don't like oven baked meats so my husband has fully supported what I am doing by grilling almost daily for us.
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has really tried being supportive of my efforts. He has no problems eating whatever healthy food I make for dinner, or going to eat at good restaurants instead of fast food. He will watch the kids, do housework, or even start dinner for me if I need to go to the gym or just get on the treadmill for a while. He tells me all the time that he can see the difference even though I am not sure he can. He even tries to come with me on walks or bike rides sometimes. He doesn't bring home junk food, or insist on eating any in front of me. He has been a sweetheart and I wouldn't trade him for the world.
  • blueroses_78
    Options
    he helps me cook healthy meals, he keeps me on track, asking me if I really want something or if I'm just eating for my tastebuds instead of my stomach. He gives me hugs when I gain, high fives (and kisses and cuddles) when I lose lbs, and he is helping me get my Zumba certification in October :)
  • TeeNTee72
    TeeNTee72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My husband keeps me motivated by working out with me. We take turns preparing dinner and sometime we will compete to see who's dinner is the best or who's lost the most weight. So far, he's winning but it is so fun.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My husband is a Marine, and naturally skinny. So he has no idea what I'm going through mentally with changing my lifestyle. But he listened to all my ramblings about weight, working out, calories and macro nutrients. And that is alot of what I need, just to communicate where I am at because no one else is willing to listen and take me seriously. There aren't any big changes to my body but he still compliments me, and says I'm gorgeous.
  • TeeNTee72
    TeeNTee72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :smile:
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Usually, not much. It's usually quiet type of support because he knows his best bet is to keep quiet and not make any sudden movements.

But a few weeks back at my first Warrior Dash, as I came off the cargo net and started trudging up the last little incline before the fire and mud pit, exhausted as hell, I hear him (my usually quiet man) yell over everyone else, "Come on, honey...you're almost there!"

I gotta admit, it made me smile and gave me a small burst of energy that kept me going.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I get a bj for every pound lost.

Kinda gross but kinda funny to know you've gotten 21 of them so far

:bigsmile:
  • Kellybeth16
    Options
    Wait.... So, my SO is supposed to be supportive? Does it count when I tell him how much I've lost and he says "good job"???
  • shaianna
    shaianna Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    my husband leaves little notes in my food journal. He tells me how good im doing and to keep it up. My man really keeps me motivated.