bump
  • nixerific
    nixerific Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bumping to save. :) I love new info.
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me the equivalent of kcal in a kilojoule?

1 kilocalorie is 4.184 kilojoules
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am currently eating 1400 calories a day but haven't started my exercising, that starts next week, the Fat2Fit site says I should be eating 1807. Of course it says to adjust as needed so is my 400 cal deficite ok? I feel fine, only hungry once since starting and have good energy. I'm a bit confused.
  • Filomenaaa
    Filomenaaa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thank you for this!
  • hottbutch
    Options
    bump. Great info!
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • PearonaPair
    Options
    Bump
  • LindaJWan
    LindaJWan Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • s50s
    s50s Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer, but I hope you get on to because I went on and it said I should be eating 1936. I am really scared to try that much because I have been eating 1300-1400 a day. Everyone talks about not even eating 1200. SOOOO confusing eat more or less??
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    How much of difference can one see eating free range vs grain fed?
    It's usually going to be in the fat content. Grain fed animals are usually more fatty, then grass fed animals. As far as nutrition, I haven't read any peer reviewed scientific study stating one is better over the other.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I read a few articles recently saying some studies had been done and the free range actually expell more calories to digest than the alternative. I'll try and find the link because this statement meant nothing without it :)
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have a question about heart rate. I used to do my heart rate manually for 6 sec and multiply by 10, now I have a heart rate monitor. Sometimes, okay a lot of time during my workouts my heart rate gets really high...like 220-240. If I were to keep it between say 150-170 I would be walking maybe 3.0mph on the treadmill or 3.5 with no incline, in other words not really working too hard. My resting heart rate ranges between 75-85. I have read that target heart rates can be higher for obese people, but don't remember where I read it(somewhere on the internet). Anyway, my questions are
    1. is that too high for my heart rate
    2. should I keep it lower during cardio, would it burn more fat to keep it lower? I know there are different zones but don't really understand them.

stats about me:
    I am 5'4" and started at 264lbs...currently at 228(prob. a cpl pounds less but weigh in tomorrow)
    I don't feel like I am overly exerting myself, I breathe hard, sweat, etc but can talk during my workout and my heart rate goes back down quickly. During 30DS my heart rate really doesn't go over about 170-180 but on the treadmill or out walking trails it gets pretty high, especially when jogging.

Any info on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    bump =)
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm always afraid that when I'm spending my time at the gym I'm not getting the most out of it. Since I can't afford a personal trainer, how should I design my workout routines? Or, better yet, is there a definitive site or source that can help me build the right routines?

Right now I use a combo of free weights and machines for weight training and I alternate between the elliptical, treadmill, and stair climber (sometimes) for cardio. But I worry I'm missing muscle groups or the activities I am doing aren't actually effective. I've read a lot of conflicting information.
  • vjt1976
    vjt1976 Posts: 43
    Options
    Bump
  • Officialas
    Officialas Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bumping for later read :)
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump. Biology degree girl, here, so if you need to know why things work the way they do in the body, I can try to help answer.

this doesn't really have anything to do with this... but I'm in AP Bio right now and it is hard!!! So I admire you for getting your degree in it haha(: