For Those Who Believe in Heaven...

Options
Or Arcadia, Canaan, Elysium, Shangri-la, Utopia, Zion, Valhalla, or Grandma's house... however you so choose to acknowledge...

Just a couple of questions...

Do you believe that all of your relatives and loved ones that have passed are there watching over you?

And if they are, are they ALWAYS watching you? Like, do they "come down" and are "with" you at all times... guiding you throughout your day and throughout your life?

And if they do... are you the only one they watch over? Or do they have a full dance card and must "schedule" time with you?

Or... do they just watch... like on television? Do they have several channels that they "subscribe to" to keep tabs on their living folks? And what if it's for someone that wasn't family or a close friend... just someone they had a crush on or just really liked... or maybe someone you just know is gonna be drama, so they'll always have interesting stuff going on... would that be a "premium" channel that they would have to request permission to have? You think, even in heaven, they're flipping through channels thinking, "All these channels and there's never anything interesting to watch..."

Just wonderin'...

Replies

• Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Wow U really need to go to church
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    516240-PVVDLGQ.jpg
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I don't think they watch us. They're in heaven, after all. They're with God in a place of no pain or suffering. I just see them worshiping God and experiencing what real love/joy/peace ect. is really like.
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options

Would, in your opinion, church be able to answer these questions?
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I'd like to think they are watching, but from my understanding the concept of time doesn't really exist there, so when it's my turn and I see my mom again it'll be like a blink of an eye to her.
  • _KatieKat
    _KatieKat Posts: 224
    Options
    Dont go to church.....learn by looking within yourself and research on your own....church is so misleading and hypoctitical.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    I hope not all the time.
    I hope they're not watching me during those *whisper* special moments *whisper*
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    In my opinion it doesn't matter. I don't see the point in debating something that has zero bearing on our lives. You going to act different just because Granny is watching from beyond?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'd be creeped out if I thought all my dead relatives were watching everything I do.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    All I know about heaven is what they say about heaven, and they say in heaven love comes first. Let's make heaven a place on earth.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I'd be creeped out if I thought all my dead relatives were watching everything I do.

Like good ole Uncle Jeb watching happy *kitten* time?
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I can say with confidence that there will be no tele-watching in Valhalla. That's warrior heaven. Warriors would use TV for gaming.
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    I feel like you should talk to a preacher, priest, rabbi or whomever you trust. I, for one, am Southern Baptist. We believe that when you die and go to heaven you are worshiping all the time. You do not come back to earth. All of the worldly troubles/stresses or whatever no longer concern us. But I certainly am not here to disrespect or argue about other religions.
  • MomBirner
    MomBirner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If your loved ones accepted Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior by believing that Jesus died on the cross for thier sin. they are in heaven. all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. we are all sinners in need of a savior if you believe that then ask Jesus into your heart and he will save you from hell and you and anyone else who does the same will be in heaven forever.
    that said i believe that they can see you sometimes. i believe that they know what's going on in your life, i don't think they can help you however. Only God can answer prayers and has the ability to help you with any problems or questions you have. I hope this helps. :)
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    this is one of the reasons i just can't believe in heaven/ spirits/ guides/ traditional "god" figures. i refuse to believe that my grandma could watch me take a **** if she wanted to... or thats some creepy pervert could watch me have sex. its just so wrong. like i believe in the possibility of all things, but i had to stop watching medium because it made my paranoia issues worse. im already worried about people watching me. if i start believing in this stuff i wont be able to sleep at night. yes, i know how messed up that is. but i have parania and anxiety issues. i can't help it. im not always thinking about it, but its an annoying thought in the back of my mind.

ps: please don't come after me for speaking my mind a little. i dont want to get in the middle of a controvercy/argument in the forums. i respect others beliefs. this is just how i feel.
  • Big_Daddy6
    Big_Daddy6 Posts: 188
    Options
    All I know about heaven is what they say about heaven, and they say in heaven love comes first. Let's make heaven a place on earth.

^^^^^^^ 80's.....
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Like good ole Uncle Jeb watching happy *kitten* time?

Or worse.
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I don't think they watch us. They're in heaven, after all. They're with God in a place of no pain or suffering. I just see them worshiping God and experiencing what real love/joy/peace ect. is really like.

Amen sister.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Lol...awesome :laugh:
  • crazy8ts
    Options
    Um... maybe it's my fault... is there an emoticon for :tongue-firmly-placed-in-cheek: ??