September Walking Challenge

Options
This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but its nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time, the more the merrier, lets keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise everyday, and keep an eye on each other.

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. treadmills and ellipticals are A-OK.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge, we'll start tracking September 1st.

Replies

• domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I think this is the perfect challenge for me... since walking seems to be my main form of exercise. I've been avoiding my dreadmill so maybe this will encourage me to get back on!
  • ahsargen
    ahsargen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've been walking around 5 miles each day. I've also been slowly adding running to the mix, I enjoy this challenge.
  • ksaltsman04
    ksaltsman04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would definitely like to join in this challenge. I've been wanting to try doing intervals at different walking speeds.
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I've been walking with my daughter 3 to 4 times a week in the mornings!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I think this is the perfect challenge for me... since walking seems to be my main form of exercise. I've been avoiding my dreadmill so maybe this will encourage me to get back on!

I love that you wrote "Dreadmill"! I always write that and people always think it's a typo.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!
  • katikins58
    katikins58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. I just bought walking poles, and I do seem to walk further with them. I have been trying to vary my walks by going to state parks and rail trails. I added wrist weights too. I look like an idiot, but at my age I just don't care. I feel better after. :happy:
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this challenge. I want to walk 1200 minutes per month . I want to see if I feel better, increase endurance and lose weight.
    Ready to start Sep 1st.
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Please count me in! This is exactly what I need!
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Well, since I was going to be walking a lot in Sept anyway, this will help keep me motivated to up the levels. I'm in.
  • deborah0123
    Options
    :smokin: Count me in..maybe this challenge will keep me motivated..I start the Shred tomorrow too..hope to be able to do it..
  • stlva
    Options
    I am in:smile:
  • sayavel
    Options
    Count me in! I love walking...did 30 mins or so today with our family dog. I try to go walking leisurely with a friend, and more of a faster pace with the dog afterward. And then I walk the dog again later if my daughter wants me to in the evening after dinner. I plan to start working out at the gym swimming laps as well next week. Look forward to support from you and I will try to support all of you too.:tongue:
  • Afaida
    Afaida Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My dog and I are in. Best of luck everybody.
  • sayavel
    Options
    That sounds like a good thing too. How do you figure what length of walk is good?
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am in as well. I am going to walk everyday, if the weather is bad I just got Wii Walk It Out.:wink:
  • ScottCadi
    Options
    Thanks! I'm in.

My goal is to get above 10k steps a day. I'll go by the week tho' so that my best days and worst days even out.... and so that I can try and kick it down at the end if I'm not there-- or motivate at the beginning to get ahead... but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Looking forward to it! 300k steps in 30 days!!!
  • dinoskycm
    Options
    I'm in!! I swim laps a lot too, so I think this will be good because I want to eventually run once I get some weight off! :) I may not post every day, but I will try to post every other day because I have a few different challenges going on for September. :) It's going to be a busy month! Cant wait!! :)
  • KlaMorgan
    KlaMorgan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i in!! love walking.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I will try to be in, but it's the remembering to check in part that concerns me. :wink: :flowerforyou: :drinker: