Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness- to be honest I haven't been overly active the past couple of days with the exception of the cooking I did. Today though I took my dogs (both of them- the shepherd surprised me) to the park. I made up my mind that they weren't going to walk me lol. Took some time, but Kenzie surprised me. She usually pulls whereas the lab doesn't. She is finally learning some leash manners though which makes me happy.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: I am being lazy and selfish. This has been a month from hell so my partner and I decided to rent a hotel room for the whole weekend just sleep in and relax as much as possible. Have a great holiday weekend everyone.
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hello all, still just treading water here. I did get to take a mini vacation and now back to working on the bathroom. In the middle of a re-model. Got to grot the tile my boys put in and get a new toilet, touch up some paint and that is my weekend and labor day.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @Jana- You are a rock star, girly! You will do terrific! (and I am not sure if I would prefer burps or farts... ugh tough choice) So I got a probiotic and an enzyme (similar to what beano does, from what I understand)

@Skinnyjeanz- I have been meaning to add more quinoa. It has been forever since I had it (outside of my protein drink, which has it). I love it. Thanks! - AND SUPER awesome about the gal at the store suggesting you try the small!!! That is so terrific! You can't really tell across the internet and all... but I am jumping up and down happy for you! :drinker: I am excited right now for when I can get into a large :) Side note- in another 27 lbs, I am going to quit smoking- when the time comes, if you want, I can check in with you, and maybe we can lean on each other?

@Sara - Thank you! If the stuff I got does not help, I may have to give up my morning "meal" or try the beano. I also appreciated what you said to Skinnyjeanz about smoking. Personally, I am addicted to the act of smoking, not as much so with the nicotine. AND I agree; you CAN do it... Someone once told me that I would make great choices and do amazing things with my life, if I would just follow the advice that I give to others. You are so incredibly supportive and give terrific advice. Listen to it, and you will do great :wink: We are here for you too, when you need validation :) Hugs :)

@Liz - Don't ever be sorry for sharing. For some of us, it is part of the healing process that leads us to making healthy choices. I always appreciate reading honest and thoughtful posts because in many cases, I have gone through something similar. It is nice to know when I am not alone. Keep sharing, and I, for one, will keep reading :flowerforyou:

@Doug - I am GLAD you are sharing your experience with the eat more lose more thing. I love hearing about those types of things. Keep sharing please!

@Kelley - YAY for the loss!!! I hate my arms too... but I have great feet so I wear colorful running shoes to keep people's attention there. :wink: What probiotic do you take? I have Jarro Dophilus... which was recommended at the store, but if that doesn't work, it will be good to know what you use (if you don't mind sharing)

@vinsonh42- Your yumtastic chicken sounds like it fits the name! I will have to try that, thank you!

@Aug - LOL - :laugh: You crack me up... "drive myself to work everyday on the power of yesterday's salad" :laugh: Of course I will share! So far the probiotic and enzyme have helped with the bloated feeling, but alas, I still pass gas. (yes, I made that rhyme on purpose... I can't help myself)

@MyM0wM0w - Have fun with the extra calories!!! I hope it works. :smile:

@BohemianCoast- Thanks! Though I wouldn't wish it on anyone, I am glad I'm not alone! I will be sure to post how the enzymes work. Have fun at the Paralympic games!

Friday fitness - I finally made it back to where I was (as far as speed) with the walking... in fact, got over 3mph! My lungs hated me after and I had to use my inhaler, but my hip isn't even a little bit sore. I am going to do a couple more walks at that pace and see about starting C25K again.... This time, I will speed walk, instead of jogging, to reduce the chance of hurting again. I know that the steroid shots helped, but I also started taking this osteomove stuff that I believe is what is helping me overall. Of course, I can't be sure, but won't stop taking it, just in case! Kinda spendy, but much cheaper than physical therapy and steroid shots!

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Make healthy choices and be the person you want be! :drinker: Now, have another glass of water... I will too.
  • nicholsvj
    nicholsvj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've worked 62 hours so far this week. With 12 more tomorrow. Does that count as Fitness Friday?
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @nichols--I'm pretty sure that counts. :flowerforyou:

@nace & shrink--thanks for the support about the smoking. Sara, I'm fairly certain I'm addicted to the act of smoking more than the nicotine. My friend is quitting right now with the electronic cigarette and I'm intrigued by it. For now I'm just trying to stay under a half pack a day. I would like to cut that down further, so that's my goal for right now. Nace, I think quitting together is a great idea!! Let me know when you are ready and I will jump on board with you.

@raven-My dog, Gunner, is a German Shepherd mix and he's very dominant. When I 1st brought him home from the shelter, he would pull like crazy. I learned that in dominant dogs, they are just trying to be the alpha when they pull. If you show them YOU are in charge (and hence the alpha), they will allow you to lead them. You project part of that "alpha" role through your confidence--I bet losing weight has made you more confident and your Kenzie can sense that. :bigsmile:

@karenleona--I have NEVER lived alone and I actually crave it. I LOVE my husband, but there are times I wish he would just go fishing for the weekend and give me the house to myself. I know that's not the same as living alone, but I envy you having the place all to yourself.

@robin--So sorry you are hurting! :flowerforyou: As far as the Sept. challenge, I'm not sure how to word toot's re-commitment idea as a challenge--how could we turn that into a goal we can act on? I think it's a great idea, but I can't wrap my head around how to make it a concrete goal. Also, christine had suggested the goal of trying something new--something we wouldn't have done before losing the weight.

@maddalen--I think it's great that you ar walking to the grocery store--I really should do that...

@lana--have a great time at the beach!

@bohemian--yeah, my current plan is to cut down, but I'm not actually doing anything about it. I thought once I started back to work I would naturally cut back, but I suppose I will have to put more effort into it.

@tina--great plan!!

Sorry I'm not going back further to comment, but I'm fading fast.

Friday Fitness:
    I plan to work out all 3 days of the holiday weekend--gym tomorrow and Sunday. Monday my gym is closed for Labor Day, so I will run outside--it's not supposed to be as hot, so that should work out fine. I also need to mow the lawn this weekend, so I will fit that in at some point.

Grading goals for the weekend:
    1. x/58 creative writing stories
    2. x/49 "Columber" responses
    3. prep for Advanced Grammar class
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness :
    survived the week (barely!)
    weight loss is stalled :frown:
    had to bring a ton of work home..
    averaged about 12k steps a day all week
    too dead for they gym today...
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    friday fitness- well I got out of bed....that may be it for the day. With my kids gone now, my house is empty and it ECHOES in here and I DO NOT LIKE IT.....Trying to figure out how to live by myself.....

Karen - I find keeping a radio on helps me. I don't like the quiet either. I set up specific rituals or routines to follow that get me comfortable to follow through the day. Coffee and a favorite TV program in the am, followed by list - making - a To-Do list for the day. chores - shower - errands - phone calls - gardening or yardwork - all meals of course. You get the picture.
    Carve out areas in your home, a place where you like to read where the light is good and make it over - make it cushier, plumper, nicer. Concentrate on little areas of your house and reclaim them for yourself. Imagine how you'd like things to be if you were crafty, and then dream of how to accomplish them. Think of the future. Picture yourself enjoying your life. It will get easier if you let your imagination run free.

thanks for such great ideas. I did find a radio and turn it on cause i could not stand the silence ( other than my crying!)......trying to change the kitchen cupboard around and actaully moved my hope chest into the living room so i can display some pictures on it..I like the idea of making a list of things to do for the day or goals for the day....right now it is just to do something.......turned off my phone cause i cannot handle people asking me how i am doing
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Skinny- Great job about fitting into the smaller size.

So many of you have experience both non-scale and scale victories this week and that is wonderful. Congrats to everyone who said no to the cookies and other treats. Fantastic job to everyone who saw the scale go down. To those still trying to recommit we can do this as we are working to make our lives healthier. We won't give up.

Robin- thank you for the tip about the Almonds they sound wonderful. Good luck with the surgery.

The chicken salad recipe sounds yummy, thanks for sharing.

Fitness- has been a struggle this week. I need to motivate myself to hit the gym after work. Hopefully, I can use this weekend to find the balance and regain my enthusiasm for working out.

I just learned today that they are moving 5 students into one of my classes in an effort to balance the science classes. This class had 19 students which was a really low number. The other teacher had 34 in that class. I just hope that this will be the end of the changes. At least the kids I am getting are nice kids but I will miss my small class. My other classes are at least 30 strong. I made it a point for the guidance office to understand that if my numbers go above 32, I will not be able to move in my room either. These numbers are two large for a science class.

September Challenge- I like the idea of a recommitment challenge. We could call it something like: Chugging and Plugging Away, Making Magic Happen or Moving Forward on Step at a Time. I
    deas would be to increase the amount of exercise we get in a week- ie if you are working 3 days a week for 30 minutes try doing 3 days a week for 45 minutes or 4 days a week @ 30 minutes.

:smile: 2 days a week would be cardio based (biking, rowing, running, walking, swimming etc) ,
    :smile: 1-2 days strength/ weight training either machines or free weights
    :smile: Bonus or Extra Day- try a new activities- machine or different exercise
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I did it. I actually walked out of a locker room in a bathing suit and walked across the room to the pool. After that the swimming was the easy part. :laugh:

I'm pooped now.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I did it. I actually walked out of a locker room in a bathing suit and walked across the room to the pool. After that the swimming was the easy part. :laugh:

I'm pooped now.

YAY!!!!! Way to go!!! I am so happy for you!:drinker:
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    September Challenge- I like the idea of a recommitment challenge. We could call it something like: Chugging and Plugging Away, Making Magic Happen or Moving Forward on Step at a Time. I
    deas would be to increase the amount of exercise we get in a week- ie if you are working 3 days a week for 30 minutes try doing 3 days a week for 45 minutes or 4 days a week @ 30 minutes.

:smile: 2 days a week would be cardio based (biking, rowing, running, walking, swimming etc) ,
    :smile: 1-2 days strength/ weight training either machines or free weights
    :smile: Bonus or Extra Day- try a new activities- machine or different exercise

that sounds like a good idea. maybe changing things up might help. i guess it wouldn't help to punish myself some how if i didn't do the right things :laugh:
    I want to see the number on that scale go down. Monday be it good or bad I am updating my weight loss ticker. I know it will show a gain but I have to be honest with myself and seeing the ticker go up will make me more motivated.

i've been thinking of doing that, just to make myself look at it.
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Sorry, all, been sick today with bad sore throat and temp. Read what I could now going to bed.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    @raven-My dog, Gunner, is a German Shepherd mix and he's very dominant. When I 1st brought him home from the shelter, he would pull like crazy. I learned that in dominant dogs, they are just trying to be the alpha when they pull. If you show them YOU are in charge (and hence the alpha), they will allow you to lead them. You project part of that "alpha" role through your confidence--I bet losing weight has made you more confident and your Kenzie can sense that. bigsmile

@Skinny That is exceptionally true. Our other shepherd (she passed away two years ago) was extremely dominant (we didn't know better at the time- she was dominant but oh so extremely sweet). I didn't have much to do with her training, but when she passed away my dad's friend got us Nero to try and help us cope with the loss of Tascha. Nero adopted me, and then a day later, the breeder we got Tascha from gave us Kenzie. I worked with Nero since we've had him... taught him leash manners and took the role of alpha from him (my gosh he was stubborn- he was the largest of the litter lol) but dad didn't really know how to show Kenzie he's alpha (I find it kind of funny since he's a cop- he's used to being an authority figure except with his pup rofl). Today was the first time that it was me, my fiance, Nero and Kenzie though. It was like night and day!

Usually she barks at any stranger and we have to keep her muzzled in public (she's fearful dominant) but she didn't bark at the people at the park... she just focused on the walk and was an absolute joy to walk! I think you're right though- I think losing weight has made me more confident and I'm sure she's seen it. Now if I can just teach dad how to be alpha we'll be doing great lol.
  • regojess
    regojess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    OK so I have been lacking in my exercise lately. Mostly 'cause I have been too busy to fit it in between school and school work. Then today all the "exercise" I got today was to go to work for 5 1/2 hours.

Actually I am sitting at the Student Life Center on campus and watching all the people exercising on all the machines. I don't have any work out stuff having just come from work to meet one of my friends who was here to exercise.

Hopefully I can start to do better soon.

take care ladies and gents.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Robin -- thinking of you as you prepare for surgery. It will be hard, but much better soon I'm sure.
    My September challenge will be something around keeping up with all this once the summer is over and I have to fit all my studying and regular life things into the plan.

Karen -- I love everyone's suggestions of how you can make the space yours. I'm still at the stage that when the kids go off to school I think WOW I HAVE THE HOUSE TO MYSELF FOR SIX HOURS.

MyM0wM0w -- well done on the swimming! Nobody is watching you in your bathing suit I promise.

Saturday success: The weight is dropping off me this week. Obviously I'm happy to be losing fast, but I'm not sure if I should be worried about loss speed or not. I'm still not 'dieting' -- I eat and drink what I want and log it all, and I've not been going way under target (though I did have one pretty low day). Last night included pizza (home made but it's still a big meal), beer (just the one) and a Millie's cookie! But it's Saturday today and I've dropped 3 pounds since I checked in on Tuesday, and that was 4 pounds off from the previous week. I think I'm just doing loads more exercise, and I've sort of got into the routine with the food intake so I'm not craving more food any more.

Have a brilliant weekend everyone!

-- Alison
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    @Robin--Sorry to hear that you are hurting so. -- thinking of you as you prepare for surgery. I like the idea of a new challenge Sep.
    @nikels that counts for sure:smile:
    @BigAug -- I hope you find a forever home for that doggie
    @Monarchris-- Christine I hope you feel better today!
    @MyMow-- Great job on the swimming--
    @Laura-- I hope for you all of the changes are done
    @naceto -- Thanks for the encouragment. I have found my sharing and reading others to be helpful too.

I know I am missing others I had wanted to comment on but sorry its early and my brain is still asleep. Thinking of you all. wishing you a nice saturday. I hope those hurting will have relief today. So look forward to reading everyone's posts I check in a couple of times at least just to make sure I have read everyone's posts. Cheering for everyone who has had a scale and nsv victory this week.

Saturday NSV-- may need to get back to you on that-- the only thing i can think of is that i am still here-- still trying. That i still check the calories of things and make decisions according too. That i don't do it out of poor me but out of excitment to where I maybe in this journey a year from now.

Take care,
    Liz
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    @Alision-- Enjoy your scale victories, I am sure the workouts are key too. when I 1st started I had some big weeks now its been a steady 1-2 lb loss. But each person is different too Congrats on your scale victory this week!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

SEPTEMBER GOALS:

1. BACK TO THE FUTURE: Getting back on plan. Each of us shall recommit to our lifestyle change in a way thats personal to us.

2. PIGS FLY, WHY CAN"T I? Try something new, exercise or play, or food!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

I really like the September goals - I am trying something new this weekend. I found a succotash recipe that uses edamame instead of lima beans (not a fan) - I like edamame but haven't done a lot with it. So that will be my new thing this week.

@Robin~Wishing you the best though your surgery and hope that you have a speedy recovery. :flowerforyou:

My cat let me sleep this morning, so am getting a later start - time to head to the gym for my swim. Seeing good friends this afternoon for lunch/movie.

Make it a great Saturday! :smile: