I found a bra size calculator that ISN'T wrong! OMG!

Options

Replies

• MelanieSkittle
    MelanieSkittle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    According to the calculator I'm a 34D, which is impossible! B cup is snug, and C cup is loose for me. My boobies are nowhere near a D! So funny. But the information on band size is useful; I never understood it before.
  • jpenson
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!! I will look into it. Because i had a similar problem with my bras.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Just tried this. I have always worn a 38D. This says a 34H. OMG! I can't wait to try that on. :huh:
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    This http://www.atlastravel.nazwa.pl/mini/ site did not size me correctly. It said I was a 38D, which would go nowhere near me.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Bump. Interesting read.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    bumping to test later
  • Katanthus
    Options
    For me this wonderful place was the Seattle Flagship Nordstrom (Oh lingerie dept. you really do have my size and care about my fit!)--I swear it nearly made me cry.

I had a similar experience. I HATE VS with a passion, they have no clue about how a bra should fit, and "don't put THAT size out on display". I had not found a decent bra that fitted correctly since leaving England... 12 years ago. I moved to Florida, and visited a Nordstrom. The staff in the lingerie department are knowledgeable, and care about proper size and fit. The Gardens Mall, Palm Beach Gardens, I met one of the ladies there, she looked at me, and handed me a bra, that when on, felt like it was made for me. She made sure everything was correct, that is sat properly, supported properly (from the ribs, not the straps). I looked slimmer, was well supported, and everything was in the right place, with the center of the underwires sitting flat against my sternum, as they should be. She told me the styles of bra that suit my breast shape. Not all styles suit all women. I highly recommend a visit to them. It is well worth the trip.

I also found:
    Try Herroom.com Excellent fitting and sizing there. Unfortunately, the site : http://www.atlastravel.nazwa.pl/mini/ sized me as a 38D, which would go nowhere near me.. I am a 36/38G. Ladies of this size.. try Caitlyn, by Elomi. Fantastic fit.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for posting as I'm gonna need to do that very soon.
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Fascinating. I've been wearing a 38D but the calculator says to wear a 38DDD :noway:

I'm going to have to go the mall this weekend and try one of those on just to see. The straps on my current bras do dig a little though I always thought they fit pretty well. Hmmm.
  • Katanthus
    Options
    When you consider, about 70% of women wear the wrong size bra... don't be surprised if it says you are bigger than you think you are.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Not really accurate for me - said I am 32B, and I am really a 34B (at Victoria's secret - depending on which bra, too). My ribcage is 30, over bust is 33.5. 32 would place the cups in towards the middle too far.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    One time I went into a store that specialized in a wide range of bra sizes (my band size is 30 because my rib cage is 26 inches, so not sold in other stores). I asked the gal working if she could properly measure me. She grabbed my breasts and told me what size she thought I was. That was not what I had in mind.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    It told me to wear a SMALLER size o_O If I wore an AA I'd be spilling out everywhere. I recently went from a 36C to a 36D and I found the fit optimal.

Going to try again later and triple check my underbust and overbust.
  • heatherterp
    Options
    bump for later we do not have a norstrums other stores folks no of that are accurate?
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    In the uk Bravissimo are great, hey do not use tape measures either and they have loads of bras in 30 and 32 unlike other places!
  • hollowdoll
    hollowdoll Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    great post.... and SO SO true... I recently found out I am a 32 DDD (or E) after being told by VS I was a (and buying size) 36D for years... they were comfortable, but they never seemed to offer enough support... then I found a site that calculated my bra size the same way yours did, and I found out my TRUE size, ordered a Freya bra size 32E, and felt REAL support for the first time...
    another thing to add: the support should always come from the BAND, not the straps, like many women think.... the band HAS to be somewhat constricting to offer any support- not uncomfortably so, but tight enough so that when put a finger behind it and pull it away from your back, you don't get more than an inch or two of slack... if you pull your bra band back and can fit a bread box in there, it is WAY too big band-wise (therefore probably too small cup-wise) and it is NOT supporting you!
    like another user said: trying on is always the best way... however I tried on a 36D and it felt fine, so being measured (or measuring yourself properly) and THEN trying on is the best way... there are a lot of great bra sites out there that offer free returns, or will send you a few to try on till you find one that fits.... thinandcurvy.com is a great site, they have links to bra sellers for bigger busted gals, and that's the site where I finally figured out my true bra size... I NEVER would have thought I was an E cup, it sounds so BIG, but I am, and its really not! women: get away from the idea that anything bigger than a D is ginormous and too full-figured... a well-fitting bra will do you wonders! (I don't even walk in the door and rip it off first thing like I used to do everyday... I feel so comfortable and supported I want to sleep in it!!)
  • hollowdoll
    hollowdoll Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    According to the calculator I'm a 34D, which is impossible! B cup is snug, and C cup is loose for me. My boobies are nowhere near a D! So funny. But the information on band size is useful; I never understood it before.

if you lower your band size, you would be surprised what might fit you... remember, every time you go up a cup size you must go down an inch in band size!!
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Whhhaaaat!!!!!! Okay I've been wearing a 34C, I worked out what I would be on this site and it says 36DD, I did it on another site it said 40B and on another it said 40AA!!! (I'm not big chested but geeze im not a AA)

So I found yet another site and that one said 36DD I JUST DONT KNOW ANYMORE!!!!!!