Fast Food

Options

Replies

• ashleyminus30
    ashleyminus30 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1. Taco Bell. I'll take a Chalupa supreme all day.
    2. Roll N Roaster in Brooklyn. Hot roast beef sandwiches with cheese. Their tag line is "Cheez on anything you pleez!" No wonder I gained 15lbs living so close to it!
    3. Tony Luke's cheesesteaks in Philly. To die for.

I live so far from all of these things now, that I can openly talk about it. It'll cost at least $300 airfare (plus the cost of the meal) to get it.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    connie island, for the chillie dogs
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Qdoba. Bbq pork burrito. Pinto beans. Cheese. Lime chips on the side. And a diet Coke. = fat kid delighhhttt! OMG! Its SO good. They put chocolate in their bbq sauce. Enough said!!!

Wow!!!! I love Qdoba too but had no clue they put chocolate in the BBQ Sauce.
  • TexanThom
    Options
    Whataburger....
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Now this is an MFP topic I know a lot about!! ;)

Fast food got me here but I do indulge in it once in a while b/c, well, I want to!
    My faves are:
    •Taco Bell ... pretty much anything off of their menu. Loved it all as a kid, continue to love it as an adult.
    •Long John Silvers ... hate all seafood but their chicken planks and hushpuppies ... mouthgasm.
    •KFC ... mashed potato bowl, green beans ... mmmmmmmm.
    •Hardees ... THE best biscuits and gravy I have ever tasted in my life. My gran made amazing b&g but even hers don't compare. I know several people on here have bashed Hardees but I love it. Frisco burger - yum!
    •Popeye's Chicken ... their chicken is good but their sides like red beans and rice and cajun mashed potatoes and gravy ... sigh.
    •Five Guys ... great burgers and fries. Awesome bacon dog!!!

My absolute ULTIMATE favorite fast food though is *drum roll*
    •Skyline or Gold Star Chili ... this is mostly in the Cincinnati area and in parts of southern Indiana where my husband is from. I could eat their chili cheese coneys for every single meal and never get sick of them. Their three-way (spaghetti noodles, chili, and tons of shredded cheddar cheese) is amazing, too. Add some of their hot sauce on the dogs and three-way and you have perfection!

Thanks for posting this topic. It was fun to sit here and salivate!!! :)
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Everyone keeps listing chiptole what about MOES!!!!

LOL I like Moes too.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I like Wendy's. Their stuff seems more real than anywhere else. Plus, can't go wrong with that yummy spicy chicken sandwich!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    2. Roll N Roaster in Brooklyn. Hot roast beef sandwiches with cheese. Their tag line is "Cheez on anything you pleez!" No wonder I gained 15lbs living so close to it!

I live so far from all of these things now, that I can openly talk about it. It'll cost at least $300 airfare (plus the cost of the meal) to get it.

Ha! Chalupas are amazing. I like philly cheesesteaks too. My lord I love the ones that are so greasy that it drips between your fingers when you bite into it.
  • strudel82
    strudel82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Pre-celiac diagnosis I loved Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Bojangles - LOVE THE DIRTY RICE and Boston Market - rotisserie chicken, cream spinach and sweet potato casserole LOVE this meal. Neither of these are near me. But I do get Chick-fil-a from time to time

Bojangles Cajun Chicken Biscuit is orgasmic add a slice of cheese is orgasmic. Boston Market Mac and cheese is close to amazing for a place like Boston Market. The chicken is so moist and juicy. Clawd Have Mercy! Yes I said Clawd. Chic Fil A is so awesome too. Its headquarters is here so they sponsor almost every event that I go to. I call it Crack Fil A because the lines are so long every location that you go to. However, the lines move quick.

LOL @ Clawd Have Mercy! You must be in ATL. I know plenty about Chick-fil-a. Wish I was in ATL for the game tonight but such is my life.

:-) Yes Im in ATL and which game you want to be here for Clemson and Auburn? I am now watching Alabama and Michigan which is starting to become pointless. Alabama is smashing them. SEC rules the Football nation. Getting ready to either watch food network or HGTV. LOL.

Yeah Clemson & Auburn. i just keep reading the Facebook posts on the game while I clean. Wish I had Food Network and HGTV but my condo downgraded to basic cable...I refuse to pay to upgrade my cable...maybe around the holidays.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    connie island, for the chillie dogs

I loved a place called Mango Dogs I think when i went to New York City. The corn dogs were delicious!
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Pre-MFP Hardees and Rallys. Now? Pft what does it matter? lol
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A hands down...shame my closest one is over 25 mins away. The only close one (10 mins away) I have is MccyD's :'( I love the real chicken, peanut oil, waffle fries fried in canola oil and oh their ranch dipping sauce!!
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    A&W drive in...frosty rootbeer floats in real, chilled glasses.

Yum!!!! I love rootbeer floats especially with A&W rootbeer :)
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Whataburger....

Whataburger does have good burgers...there is one a few miles from me but I have NOT been there in a year or so...thanks for the reminder lol
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Whataburger....

Say no more! Those burgers are great even late. After drinking in college it was only right to go get a Whataburger afterwards to soak it up. The good times.
  • MetilHed
    MetilHed Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Chipotle and Wendy's are my favorites. I absolutely can't stand "fast food"-ey pizza. (spoiled Chicagoan)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

Ha! Chalupas are amazing. I like philly cheesesteaks too. My lord I love the ones that are so greasy that it drips between your fingers when you bite into it.

I like Tony Luke's but the absolute BEST philly cheese steaks are Jim's on South Street! Wiz with pleeeeez!
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I like taco bell and Subway...because they don't leave me feeling quite as guilty as the others...

Before I loved chik-fa-lay (Or however you spell it) then that fiasco came out and I can't go there anymore.
    Used to love to get a mcdouble and a mcchicken at mcdonalds, dinner cheap! Also LOADED with fat...:(
    Chinese buffets...omg.

No. LOL
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Now this is an MFP topic I know a lot about!! ;)

Fast food got me here but I do indulge in it once in a while b/c, well, I want to!
    My faves are:
    •Taco Bell ... pretty much anything off of their menu. Loved it all as a kid, continue to love it as an adult.
    •Long John Silvers ... hate all seafood but their chicken planks and hushpuppies ... mouthgasm.
    •KFC ... mashed potato bowl, green beans ... mmmmmmmm.
    •Hardees ... THE best biscuits and gravy I have ever tasted in my life. My gran made amazing b&g but even hers don't compare. I know several people on here have bashed Hardees but I love it. Frisco burger - yum!
    •Popeye's Chicken ... their chicken is good but their sides like red beans and rice and cajun mashed potatoes and gravy ... sigh.
    •Five Guys ... great burgers and fries. Awesome bacon dog!!!

My absolute ULTIMATE favorite fast food though is *drum roll*
    •Skyline or Gold Star Chili ... this is mostly in the Cincinnati area and in parts of southern Indiana where my husband is from. I could eat their chili cheese coneys for every single meal and never get sick of them. Their three-way (spaghetti noodles, chili, and tons of shredded cheddar cheese) is amazing, too. Add some of their hot sauce on the dogs and three-way and you have perfection!

Thanks for posting this topic. It was fun to sit here and salivate!!! :)

Awesome list and I wondered why no one mentioned Long John Silver before. The way that the chicken and cod fish is fried Oh My Damn! Its delicious.

You have not had Popeyes until you eat it in New Orleans. I swear it taste so different and so much better!!! I ordered Et Tou fe' there and I wanted to move there because of it. It was Orgasmic. The biscuits are even better there. Five Guys! Think I want it tomorrow. Its right across from the gym that i workout most. Its hard not to go in right after working out. Or before. I saw the chili place on Food Network. I will try it when I visit.