Fast Food

Options

Replies

• MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Bojangles - LOVE THE DIRTY RICE and Boston Market - rotisserie chicken, cream spinach and sweet potato casserole LOVE this meal. Neither of these are near me. But I do get Chick-fil-a from time to time

Bojangles Cajun Chicken Biscuit is orgasmic add a slice of cheese is orgasmic. Boston Market Mac and cheese is close to amazing for a place like Boston Market. The chicken is so moist and juicy. Clawd Have Mercy! Yes I said Clawd. Chic Fil A is so awesome too. Its headquarters is here so they sponsor almost every event that I go to. I call it Crack Fil A because the lines are so long every location that you go to. However, the lines move quick.

LOL @ Clawd Have Mercy! You must be in ATL. I know plenty about Chick-fil-a. Wish I was in ATL for the game tonight but such is my life.

:-) Yes Im in ATL and which game you want to be here for Clemson and Auburn? I am now watching Alabama and Michigan which is starting to become pointless. Alabama is smashing them. SEC rules the Football nation. Getting ready to either watch food network or HGTV. LOL.

Yeah Clemson & Auburn. i just keep reading the Facebook posts on the game while I clean. Wish I had Food Network and HGTV but my condo downgraded to basic cable...I refuse to pay to upgrade my cable...maybe around the holidays.

Awww Im sorry. My TV stays on those 2 channels when its not football season. Ill just tell you this much. Cable is overpriced and not worth 100 dollars. I only order premium channels when certain shows come on each season.
  • rob_kurtz
    rob_kurtz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my fast food fave and it doesn't matter where it's from. I've been able to resist all other fast food places, but pizza gets me about every time. I've been back on MFP for almost 8 weeks. I've had pizza 3 times, but much less of it than I usually eat.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Pre-MFP Hardees and Rallys. Now? Pft what does it matter? lol

Thanks for sharing. Rallys is called Checkers here. When Checkers first came out I thought it was the best thing ever. Fries are still great but burgers arent the same.
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    In-n-Out Burger (best/freshest burgers), or any taco shop that ends in "to's" (Alberto's, Humberto's, Roberto's, etc.). +1 to what Sidesteel said about Chipotle - and fortunately, we finally have one opening in our town in a few weeks!

Have you tried the "no to(es) diet"--no Filiberto's, no Eriberto's, no Dorito's, no Frito's etc... this from someone who just had nachos from Vaquero's.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Whataburger....

Whataburger does have good burgers...there is one a few miles from me but I have NOT been there in a year or so...thanks for the reminder lol

LOL where are you in Alabama or South Carolina?
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Chipotle and Wendy's are my favorites. I absolutely can't stand "fast food"-ey pizza. (spoiled Chicagoan)

Ah ha.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I like taco bell and Subway...because they don't leave me feeling quite as guilty as the others...

Before I loved chik-fa-lay (Or however you spell it) then that fiasco came out and I can't go there anymore.
    Used to love to get a mcdouble and a mcchicken at mcdonalds, dinner cheap! Also LOADED with fat...:(
    Chinese buffets...omg.

No. LOL

LOL nice list. McDonalds is great but Chic Fil a is better.
  • ashleyminus30
    ashleyminus30 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1. Taco Bell. I'll take a Chalupa supreme all day.
    2. Roll N Roaster in Brooklyn. Hot roast beef sandwiches with cheese. Their tag line is "Cheez on anything you pleez!" No wonder I gained 15lbs living so close to it!
    3. Tony Luke's cheesesteaks in Philly. To die for.

I live so far from all of these things now, that I can openly talk about it. It'll cost at least $300 airfare (plus the cost of the meal) to get it.

Ha! Chalupas are amazing. I like philly cheesesteaks too. My lord I love the ones that are so greasy that it drips between your fingers when you bite into it.

I like Tony Luke's but the absolute BEST philly cheese steaks are Jim's on South Street! Wiz with pleeeeez!

Oh no, cheesesteak wars. Someone's going to come in here and mention Pat's and all hell will break loose!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Whataburger....
    Yes! Whataburger #1 with cheese!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    If anyone has been there they'll know what I mean, but Cafe Rio, Costa Azul, Cafe Azul, etc. (pretty much all the same restaurant) is the best. It's like chipotle, but way better, more choices, and their salads kick *kitten*.

Definitely not something to eat every day, but delicious nonetheless. I've only seen them in UT, and I know one was opened in CA a few years ago so it's been years since I've been able to eat there.

For just plain fast food burger joints, I'm a fan of Wendy's.

Although I've been staying away from fast food in general lately.
  • slimy72
    Options
    I love subway and Chick fil a. It's a bonus that I can fit it into my calories for the day but I loved them both even before I was trying to eat healthy. Now at Chick fil a I still get the grilled chicken sandwich that I love and I have a side salad instead of the fries. I usually steal one fri from dh and that satisfies the craving. A close third would be Taco Bell but I don't eat it often because my favorite thing there is far from healthy, I love their seven layer burrito. I don't know if Costa Vida counts as fast food but I love there too. My dh has celiacs so I only get to have subway and taco bell without him, but the other two are great for him so that's another bonus.
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Whats your favorite fast food joint and why?

I love most of them but I want to know why others love them.

Many of the places you all have listed i've not eaten at since i'm up here in where taste buds go to die. Here is my short list since i don't really like fast food anymore:
    China Express - local fast food asian place
    Long John Silvers - gotta have my hushpuppy's every so often
    A&W - Because no one makes better Root Beer IMHO
    Nick's Gyro's - love this place. Nick still works there every day and speaks very little english so it's fun to try and understand him
    Mr. Goodcents - Local Subshop
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    If anyone has been there they'll know what I mean, but Cafe Rio, Costa Azul, Cafe Azul, etc. (pretty much all the same restaurant) is the best. It's like chipotle, but way better, more choices, and their salads kick *kitten*.

Definitely not something to eat every day, but delicious nonetheless. I've only seen them in UT, and I know one was opened in CA a few years ago so it's been years since I've been able to eat there.

For just plain fast food burger joints, I'm a fan of Wendy's.

Although I've been staying away from fast food in general lately.

Thanks for sharing.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Whats your favorite fast food joint and why?

I love most of them but I want to know why others love them.

Many of the places you all have listed i've not eaten at since i'm up here in where taste buds go to die. Here is my short list since i don't really like fast food anymore:
    China Express - local fast food asian place
    Long John Silvers - gotta have my hushpuppy's every so often
    A&W - Because no one makes better Root Beer IMHO
    Nick's Gyro's - love this place. Nick still works there every day and speaks very little english so it's fun to try and understand him
    Mr. Goodcents - Local Subshop

Nice List.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I love subway and Chick fil a. It's a bonus that I can fit it into my calories for the day but I loved them both even before I was trying to eat healthy. Now at Chick fil a I still get the grilled chicken sandwich that I love and I have a side salad instead of the fries. I usually steal one fri from dh and that satisfies the craving. A close third would be Taco Bell but I don't eat it often because my favorite thing there is far from healthy, I love their seven layer burrito. I don't know if Costa Vida counts as fast food but I love there too. My dh has celiacs so I only get to have subway and taco bell without him, but the other two are great for him so that's another bonus.

I see. Hey. What does DH stand for?
  • ciobair
    Options
    Qdoba, used to be our treat for going into the "big city". I saw there's one getting opened in the next town, so we'll pay a visit once in a while :)
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Qdoba, used to be our treat for going into the "big city". I saw there's one getting opened in the next town, so we'll pay a visit once in a while :)

Where are you?
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Whataburger....

Whataburger does have good burgers...there is one a few miles from me but I have NOT been there in a year or so...thanks for the reminder lol

LOL I am in NEITHER...I am from SC but I am working in Oklahoma and Texas right now. I was in Alabama last week though...I saw a Zaxby's and almost made my friend go there but we were going to grill dinner so I let it go.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Sonic CONEY DOGS! OMG Ok I am done LOL
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Whataburger....

LOL I am in NEITHER...I am from SC but I am working in Oklahoma and Texas right now. I was in Alabama last week though...I saw a Zaxby's and almost made my friend go there but we were going to grill dinner so I let it go.

Oh Ok. Cool. That sauce!!!! Let me get a Zax Snack with a extra garlic Toast extra sauce and 2 extra fingers. No cole slaw just extra fries. Clawd have mercy my mouth watering.