Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

SEPTEMBER GOALS:

1. BACK TO THE FUTURE: Getting back on plan. Each of us shall recommit to our lifestyle change in a way thats personal to us.

2. PIGS FLY, WHY CAN"T I? Try something new, exercise or play, or food!

good goals
  • nicheven
    nicheven Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I apologize that again in running out the door so haven't had a chance to see everyones successes this week, but I promise I will read them later.

Today is my cheat day, going to Disneyland so will be walking lots but can't log accurately because there are no nutrition guides for their food. Ah well

Saturday Success - the scale keeps moving down! I'm at a pretty steady 1.5-2 lost every week so far, very happy. Also I got an add code to the class I need at school to go back to do my refreshers, yay! Didn't think I would get in and was pretty bummed cuz I was finally motivated enough to try to go back.

See you guys tomorrow!
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am on day 63 of logging my food and paying attention to what my body does and what I put into it. In that time, I have lost 19.5 pounds and gained much more than that in confidence. The number on the scale isn't my primary objective, but it does help to watch it move closer and closer to my goal weight as I breathe easier, walk faster, and experience less pain. When I plan outings with my son, I no longer worry about things like finding a close parking space, avoiding hills (except the big ones), or being able to keep up with his pace. I am not yet where I want to be, but I AM far from what I once was. Life is good.

SEPTEMBER GOALS:

1. BACK TO THE FUTURE: Getting back on plan. -

For me, this is about keeping consistent. My biggest challenges so far have been when I am out with friends. MOST of the time, I make healthy choices, but it is not yet natural for me choose this way. I am going to focus on portion control in these situations - instead of 2 scoops of gelato, I will order one and leave half untouched. I will skip the chips and potato salad all together, as those things do not do my body any good.

2. PIGS FLY, WHY CAN"T I? Try something new, exercise or play, or food! -

I am going to the gym this month. I have avoided the gym so far, as I panic at the thought (even as I type this, my heart races and my tummy ties itself into knots). I haven't been to the gym since before Simon died. I am not sure why it freaks me out so much (he had never even been there), but I have to overcome the irrational fear that creeps up in association with it. I am only saying that I will go one time- I am not sure how it will go, so I will have to wait and see about committing further.
  • HeatheraRyan
    HeatheraRyan Posts: 55 Member
    Options

SEPTEMBER GOALS:

1. BACK TO THE FUTURE: Getting back on plan. Each of us shall recommit to our lifestyle change in a way thats personal to us.

1. Today is a new day, and a new month, and I am recommitting to a new me! My pants are already starting to fall off. I love it!
    2. I am going to try a new healthy recipe every saturday, either for breakfast or for dinner. Time to put my love of cooking to good use!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I will do personals later b/c I want to get out the door to the gym before I lose my mojo.

Love the Sept. goals!! :heart:

SEPTEMBER GOALS:

For me, this will involve taking it one week at a time. My weeks vary so much that to try to make a plan for the whole month would be silly. For example, I have a 3-day weekend this week so I know I can work out more, but next week I have a couple of after-school meetings and a hair appt. which will cut into my gym time.

Love this idea though I'm not sure what I will try.

My exercise plan this week:
    Sat = gym + walk dog
    Sun = gym + walk dog
    Mon = long run outside w/ dog
    Tues = walk dog + some sort of core work
    Wed = gym + walk dog
    Thurs = core work (it's Open House at school so not sure if I will even get to this_
    Fri = walk dog
    Sat = gym + walk dog
    Sun = gym + walk dog
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options

SEPTEMBER GOALS:

1. - ok, you're right on target here - I need to square up my shoulders and pull it back together. No fudging anything, and no more waiting for the number to go down to log it. It gets logged, no matter which way the scale jumps. AND measure/.weigh everything - no guessing or estimating.

2. - I bought a resistance band workout set (band & instructional DVD) - sort of yoga with extras. I've monkeyed with it a bit, but now, we get serious.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well.
    I hurt my back Thursday standing up after putting my socks on. I could not go to work and have been in a drug induced stupor since then. Friday I left the house to get a tooth pulled. I am trying to be good but I can only eat soft things because of the huge hole where my molar used to be. I have been trying to read the posts but I cannot sit at the computer too long or my back starts to hurt more. Anyway my best to you all and I hope to be back soon.

Tom
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    SEPTEMBER GOALS:

This is definitely my goal and I will/am achieve it!
    It's Saturday and I am staying on track and doing great! Weekends have been the hardest for me

I think what I'm going to try is 2-3 days a week I am going to do a kettle bell routine.
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good evening to my all my friends, I am finally starting to feel better. I was out of it yesterday! At one of my son's home right now with 4 grandsons and 1 granddaughter, 2 10 year-olds, 1 8 year-old, 2 5 year-olds!!! Love them all, but it is utter chaos. My DIL picked a good time to visit her sister in Maryland. My son who returned from Kwait will be here later and there is going to be BBQ ribs, shrimp and boiled potatoes, fried potatoes and onions, lots of fresh veggies and fruit. I have saved up 1300 calories for tonight!

My September goals are recommit myself every morning to Christ and following my food and exercise plan. For my 2nd goal I plan to try riding a bike which I haven't done probably in 25 to 30 years and 60 pounds ago!!!

Robin, praying your pain goes away and your surgery goes well.

Congrats to everyone who has scale and non-scale victories.

Praying everyone has a safe and fun Labor Day weekend.

Christine
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @christine--wow--that's a lot of little ones! :noway: Good job saving up those calories for the bbq!

@tina--glad you are doing well today! :flowerforyou:

@morgori--sounds like you need to take it easy--hope your back and mouth heal quickly. :smile:

@vickie--I also need to weigh EVERYTHING!! I've been doing pretty good with it the past few weeks, so hope to continue.

@heather--congrats on the loose pants! And let us know how your recipes turn out--I'm not cook, but if they are easy and tasty, I might try them.

@nicole--I hope you overcome your gym anxiety. My gym has truly become one of my favorite places--I especially love it when no one's in the main gym and it's really quiet and peaceful. Some days there is some sort of after-school club there and the kids in the gym are all playing games and screaming. I'm not a fan of all that noise.

@nich--glad the scale is moving steadily for you! mine moved back up today at the gym, but I've eaten like crap the past few days (super high sodium, so I was expecting it).

@kah--glad your cat let you sleep in--my dog is a snuggler, so even if he tries to wake me, I can usually coax him back to sleep by cuddling with him.

@liz--that is a HUGE nsv and you should be proud of yourself for sticking with it! :drinker:

@alison--congrats on 4 lbs in 2 weeks--that's amazing! I wouldn't worry that it's coming off too fast as long as you know you aren't starving yourself. I try to use the memory of big drops to get me through the plateaus.

@jess--fitting in exercise when you're really busy can be tough--I think we've all experienced periods when our schedules are tight. When I'm really busy during the school year, I try to at least do some core work at home in the evenings or take my dog for a quick walk. It's not the same as hitting the gym or going for a run, but I figure it's better than nothing. :ohwell:

@raven--I have the same problem with my husband--he just doesn't know how to take control of Gunner on a walk. I've tried to tell him and show him the right way to walk him, but DH just doesn't listen and then complains when Gunner almost tears his arm out of the socket. :ohwell:

@mymowmow--great job swimming!! so proud of you! :flowerforyou:

Saturday Success:
    I walked Gunner which turned into a mad dash home when the skies opened up on us. Then I went to the gym and did weight machines, stairmaster, and elliptical. Now I'm at starbucks getting ready to grade. I have an hour before I meet some friends at a Street Dance, so my goal is to get through at least 10 papers (they are short--just a page or so each).

I talked to my friend, Margaret, today and she told me she's been lurking our thread and thinks everyone is so nice. I told her to join in, so when she does make sure to give her a warm welcome (not that I have to ask). Her screen name is garetie. She's my only friend ITRW who is also friends with me here on MFP. We've known each other for about 20 years now, so she could tell you some stories about me--but don't believe a word she says! :blushing:

Off to grade!
  • nicholsvj
    nicholsvj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: The scrubs I normally wear - 3x - won't stay up no matter how tight I pull the strings! Sadly/oddly, our hospital only has 1x and 3x. I guess i just have until mid December to get into a 1x :)

September Goals:

1. Back to the Future - No fast food for the whole month. that's my goal. I can do it!

2. Pigs Fly - Pick one class to do on Wednesday nights at the Y. It's the only night this month I get off at 5pm.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Robin I like the goals you came up with- very creative.

Stay the course- I need to workout at least 3-4 times a week with intensity not just going through the motions.

Pigs Fly- I will try tap dancing lessons. It will mean a late night and long day but I want to try something different and it is good exercise. Hopefully, my feet will allow me to do this and my ability to be clumsy won't cause me any harm- ie no sprained ankles or knees. :bigsmile:

Successes- Today I met a goal that I set for myself back in June or July- I climbed all three rock walls at my gym this morning. It felt good to accomplish that goal. I also went shopping at Kmart last night and ended up with a couple of new shirts some were a medium and other large. I tried on a pair of pants that were size 16 and they just barely fit but the 18's were way to big. The best thing was that there was no elastic in the waist so that made a difference and it was a totally different brand name.

I am very concerned about my cat. He is having problems with a tooth which is causing him discomfort. I just wish the tooth would fall out but it hasn't yet. We did take him to the vet twice but it is not really helping. The first time an antibiotic was given but he didn't want to eat. Then we took him back and we got eye drops his the infection has spread into his nose and eye. The Vets won't remove the tooth since he has a heart murmmor. I hope we can find a solution for this problem soon. I don't like seeing him in pain. Does anyone have any suggestion to help get rid of the infection?

Hope Everyone enjoys the labor day weekend.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Saturday success - Well, the scale finally moved. Only 6 ounces but I'll take it.

1. BACK TO THE FUTURE: Getting back on plan. Each of us shall recommit to our lifestyle change in a way thats personal to us. [/]
    I find this is an evolving process throughout my journey. My first recommit was to eating healthier and lowering sodium to protect myself from another stroke. At the same time to regulating my blood sugar to reverse the damage done by years of binging on sugar. That goal was accomplished. Then I had to recommit to the long journey back to being just plain old obese from MORBIDLY obese. That's the part of my journey that I'm on now. Each new mini goal (next one is 220lbs) is a 'recommit'.

Even though I did it on the 31st, I'm using swimming. :wink:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @laurie--congrats on climbing all 3 walls!!! I know that was a huge goal for you--so proud of you for accomplishing it!! :drinker:

@nichols--so happy your pants are falling down! :tongue: :laugh:

@mymowmow--I think it's totally acceptable that you count the swimming. :wink:

Didn't get as much grading done as I would have liked, but tomorrow is a new day. My plan is to get up at a reasonable hour, walk the dog, and head to starbucks before the gym. I figure since the gym was a priority today, I'll make grading the priority tomorrow.

Grading goals for the weekend:
    1. x/58 creative writing stories
    2. 10/49 "Columber" responses
    3. prep for Advanced Grammar class

Sat = gym + walk dog-- DONE!!
    Sun = gym + walk dog
    Wed = gym + walk dog
    Thurs = core work (it's Open House at school so not sure if I will even get to this_
    Fri = walk dog
    Sat = gym + walk dog
    Sun = gym + walk dog
  • regojess
    regojess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    NSV's for today. Hmmm.... I managed to write my rough draft for English on time and have it for class peer review on Thursday. I even did my math homework the night it was due. Yeah! Also, I bought me a multi-vitamin last night. I went into Target and happened to walk past the shelf with the clearance stuff and there was a bottle waiting just for me. It was the only Multivitamin there and it was a multi for her, just what I needed. For $6.98 I figured you can't go wrong.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Sat = gym + walk dog-- DONE!!
    Sun = gym + walk dog
    Wed = gym + walk dog
    Fri = walk dog
    Sat = gym + walk dog
    Sun = gym + walk dog

Excellent plan! This gave me the incentive to publish my plan as well, my schedule is getting crazy so maybe writing it down will help me to stay committed - I'm giving myself one off day in the middle of the week since Tuesday is my late night.

Sun (today) - bike, row, treadmill
    Mon - personal training
    Tues - elliptical
    Wed - off day
    Thurs - personal training
    Fri - cross trainer or yoga
    Sat - swim
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Great plans everyone!

Morgori - I hope you get to feeling better!

Laurie - could you take your fur baby to the vet for an IV of antibiotics? It sounds serious enough to warrant that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I must have strained both my shoulders when I swam and tried to do the Butterfly - they are still aching and very stiff - way too long for a normal recovery. I'm very frustrated with myself. I've been doing stretching exercises but they hurt like heck, hot packs, & I'm taking very strong pain meds since I can't take ibuprofen due to upcoming surgery, and they don't even touch the shoulder pain. I feel like such a doo-doo bird for getting myself in such a fix. I have no one to take care of me post-op either, so I have to get better fast.. I can barely lift my arms up to shoulder level and they even ache when I sleep. What a mess! Any recommendations?
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Good morning everyone! :flowerforyou:

I had another Saturday success last night at the street dance. There's a very decadent burger place where the street dance was being held. We are talking super-crazy, high-calorie burgers, dogs, and sides. This place has been on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives (it's called Bulldogs in Wauconda, IL). Anyway, my friends and I all were hungry so we went there to get some food. I ordered a turkey burger w/lettuce, tomato, and onion--added a little ketchup and mustard. It was so delicious and not anywhere near the damage I could have done with, say, the Mac Daddy (burger w/ bacon and a full order of mac n cheese on top :noway: ). I also didn't order any sides, although I did try some of my friend's garlic parmesan french fries.

@laurie--forgot to say sorry about your cat's tooth--it stinks that the vet hasn't been able to do much to help. Sorry I don't have any advice about it.

@kah--great plan--lots of diversity in your exercise choices!

Sunday Share:
    My husband got into a huge blow-out with his mother yesterday. I think I've mentioned before that she can be "difficult." She's already alienated one of her grandsons and as a result, Matt and I haven't seen him in years. He still visits his mother (Matt's sister), but since every time we get together with her, Matt's mom is there, our nephew won't visit.

On Friday she staged an intervention for Matt's older brother. She believes he's addicted to gambling. I'm not sure if that's the case, but he's recently shown some signs of a personality disorder or some sort of mental instability. Most notably, he's paranoid and has manic episodes. If he weren't already in his 50's I would guess he's paranoid schizophrenic b/c Matt's father and grandfather were, and I know there's a hereditary link. However, that usually manifests prior to the age of 30. Maybe Sara can tell me how common it is in older adults.

Long story longer, she planned this gambling intervention, invited Matt's sister and the brother's 2 lifelong friends, but specifically told me that she didn't want to "drag" us into it. I was at work anyways, and Matt probably wouldn't have gone, but she made it clear we weren't invited. Now she's angry at him b/c he "couldn't care less" about his brother's intervention (which didn't work btw, bro refused treatment). She's also mad that we didn't visit her in the hospital when she had diverticulitis surgery 5 years ago--even though we called her to find out hospital visiting hours and she told us not to come. Oh, and she's angry that she didn't get to go to her brother's funeral even though we and Matt's sister offered to pay for her travel there and she refused to take our money. Does anyone see a pattern here?

I know she's going to try to drag me into this. I don't mind mediating, but it infuriates Matt that she can't just communicate directly with him. He views it as manipulative (which it is--she's trying to get me on "her side" though it never works). I think I will be checking caller ID before I pick up the phone today...

So Aug--how's your family looking now? :laugh:
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Morgori - Feel better soon!!!

Laurie - Poor kitty! I hope he feels better soon. I hate when my animals are sick; I always feel so helpless. My dog has skin issues and some days, when it is really bad, he will just munch on himself and cry. It breaks my heart.

Robin - Have you tried alternating the heat with ice? I have lots of issues with my muscles and sometimes when heat won't do the trick, ice helps me. My mom uses arnica gel.... have you heard of it? You find it in the homeopathic section of the stores and though it isn't a cure all, it does help me a bit with the muscle strain. Hoping you feel better soon. It is frustrating to be hurt when you have all of this motivation inside you, busting to get out!

Skinnyjeanz - I want to be in that place where my gym is a sanctuary for me. It is in a pretty busy location, which gives me my first challenge--- parking. UGH but I know I can get past all of my hangups and irrational fears... I have done it with so many things, this should be a cake walk. Thanks for the encouragement! Your MIL sounds challenging. I wish you luck with that.

Sooo yesterday my son and I went to Discovery Park in Seattle, and walked "The Loop". The regular hike is 2.88 miles, but we took the long way and a couple of side trips and ended up with just over three miles. I am sore, but not in pain, which is awesome for me. A couple of the hills were a challenge for me (lungs and muscles burning) but I made it! We didn't stop and sit once in the whole loop, though we did stop for some pictures along the way. The biggest lesson learned yesterday..... I don't have to avoid hills. They are difficult, but can be conquered. Today, I am going to find a new route in my neighborhood and I won't shy away from the hills.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Sorry I havent been around the last couple of days. I think I was having a pity party or something. Just no motivation to do anything and feeling like everyone was against me. Which is all ridiculous because I have a super loving nd supportive family, but whatever it was I seem to have shaken it off today. I am sorry to hear about the sick and or in pain people and furry people. That kind of stuff sucks. I hope you all feel better real soon. Congrtulations to everybody that reported different kinds of victories. You have all worked really hard and totally deserve them.

Naceto I was just curious where you live when I saw the walk you took which huge props because those hills are killer. I live on the kitsap penninsula in poulsbo.

Well my brain has just shut down though I had more to say so i am going to go make a smoothie and see if I can kick it into gear. Everyone have a great day.