Any other nerds/geeks dieting?

Options

Replies

• littlemissthang
    Options
    yes i am a fellow nerd i am losing gaming weight from teen years doc says i am above percentile in my age group but im also a higher than average in points on every game like a boss!!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I ♥ Accounting (got me right there), Red Dwarf, Black Adder, Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr Who, Godzilla, The Walking Dead, Sandman, Death.. oh and figure skater. total nerd.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I ♥ Accounting (got me right there), Red Dwarf, Black Adder, Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr Who, Godzilla, The Walking Dead, Sandman, Death.. oh and figure skater. total nerd.

if you weren't already my friend I'd request you
  • ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    In hopes that no one has posted this yet...

nerdfitness.com

GO MY PEOPLE! BE HEALTHY AND NERDY!
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    >.> yes but not the smart one . .. i wish iwas tho.. but im more of a game nerd...love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SC/WoW/sci-fi/Anime/cod :Dhaha .. o.o MOP comes out soon.. must try and not miss GYM O_O
  • weemawhit
    weemawhit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes! I make video game art (3D environments and props) for a living. My game of choice right now is LoL.
  • Laurelaas
    Laurelaas Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes! I make video game art (3D environments and props) for a living. My game of choice right now is LoL.

Awesome! We should play sometime, although I'm really not very good <.< mostly play against intermid Bots, but my summoner name is Jerex ^^
  • Laurelaas
    Options
    >.> yes but not the smart one . .. i wish iwas tho.. but im more of a game nerd...love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SC/WoW/sci-fi/Anime/cod :Dhaha .. o.o MOP comes out soon.. must try and not miss GYM O_O

Lol, i'm always amazed at the days when I sit down to play a game, and suddenly it's night time <.<
  • Ksamprasa
    Options
    Um, yeah, my profile picture should clue you in. I've also been on a panel at a Doctor Who convention twice.
  • katibug11
    Options
    So much nerd love!!! <3 I came to the right place to work on losing weight! I have always been a science nerd, oh and psych, fascinating our brains are! But thanks to my 7 nephews, my 3 step kids and my favorite nerd in the world (my fiance, Matt) I am well schooled on superheros. Matt and I play Magic together and when we really in need of an escape, we have Dagorhir (essentially larping.. lol, but the guys yet really offended when we call it such). I love most anything metaphysical/ supernatural. I game some, but Matt is the real gamer in the family. He is going back to school for programming and wants to work in game development.
  • wattleneurotic
    Options
    Absolutely! I'm currently working out costume ideas for a convention that's over a year away...one can never start planning too early ;)
  • Laurelaas
    Options
    Absolutely! I'm currently working out costume ideas for a convention that's over a year away...one can never start planning too early ;)

Lol, i'm with you there ^^ def already planning for SDCC
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Star Wars, Star Trek, Dr. Who, True Blood, LOST, BBT, anything by Whedon, comic books, mangas, anime, pc and video games though I am much more of a casual player now than in the past. Besides just being lazy and not caring that I was fat, my gaming habits were probably my biggest contributing factor in gaining weight. I was a major MMORPG addict. FFXI was my thing. Played it from 2002/2003 til Fall of 2009. 7-8 hrs every day plus eating fast food out of convenience so I could keep gaming = almost hitting the 500 lbs mark.

I still play video games but I average 2-4 hrs a week now. I don't MMORPG anymore either. :frown: I love them but I'm the social type. I like making friends, grouping, doing quests with others and all that takes time that I just don't have. Also love going to cons. I'll be at SDCC. I've gone since 2005 and missed 1 year because of work. I also recently been going to Emerald City Comic Con which is in my neck of the woods.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring is a replica of The One Ring, I wrote a perverted Mario Bros. game where he collects condoms and you can prolly figure out what the mushrooms are, go to Comic Con every year and have a robot face mask. Not sure if I am a nerd/geek or just plain weird.
  • SanjiSun
    SanjiSun Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Gaming and IT geek here. Though gaming is waaaaay more casual than it used to be, and IT is also my job.
    Also nerdy tendencies in many more things.
  • steven_goldilocks
    Options
    Yes! I am most definitely a nerd. And a geek, although I was glad to hear that geeks no longer have to bite the heads off live chickens...

I'm a fairly broad geek. Literature, art, music, film, TV, comics, dance, sport, the list is endless. I suppose I just love culture, all the things people make and do. I do, however, have a special love for science fiction, ever since I discovered at 11 years old that my school library had, weirdly, hundreds of science fiction novels and not a lot else.

People can friend me if they want some kind of mutual support with this whole weightloss/fitness thing. I'd certainly be glad of it.

And that's my first post!

S.
  • LupaNera
    Options
    IT person here. Somehow I think of me training computers (and educating dog people). :)
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Im a trekkie (ask me anything any series) I loved firefly, dark angel, battlestar galactica, babylon 5,big bang theory, dr who, star wars, batman, iron man, incredible hulk etc
    Also ncis

Ive even named pets after scifi: spock, seska, lursa & b'etor
  • Givenitmybest
    Givenitmybest Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a Renn Fair in few hours. Regular DnD every Sunday a few times a week I like to slaughter the masses with my green/black magic deck. Sometimes my red.

And my kids names are Phoenix, Az'rael and Nova
  • LarsyRagnhild
    LarsyRagnhild Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My reward for reaching my goal weight will be the science dress from the original Star Trek. So yes,
    - inspiring!