Any other nerds/geeks dieting?

Options

Replies

• tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Did the site really just block out part of the author's name?
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're looking for fan-boy nerds, and not technical/science/math nerds, but I'm a statistician by occupation. In my spare time I've been known to write new procedures for my favorite statistical package.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Well, I teach English and my favorite authors are Charles ****ens and Jane Austen. My biggest pet peeve is hearing someone say "My Bad". My is a possessive pronoun and you can't own bad!

Apart from my fascination with "Doctor Who" and "The Big Bang Theory," I'm in your line of nerd. It's pathetic that the last name of one of the greatest writers of the English language is censored by myfitnesspal.

I con't care about expressions like "My Bad." Of much greater frustration to me are people who can't distinguish "lose" and "loose," and who use "impact" as a verb.

Time Warner Cable recently came out with a slogan that drives me crazy: "Enjoy Better." It's idiotic.
  • reneetherare
    Options
    My reward for getting in shape will be a TARDIS tattoo
  • peanutUK
    peanutUK Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yup... video games, sci-fi woohoo!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    uh... yeah!
  • banshishi
    Options
    My reward for getting in shape will be a TARDIS tattoo

awesome..my halfway reward is to get a Judge Dredd sleeve...first sitting is this Thursday!
  • eightpock
    Options
    Hello,
    I am a major nerd, and was wondering if anyone else was the same and also trying to lose weight :)

Indeed! =)
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Biggest nerd in the Verse!
  • bruceinthepit88
    Options
    Not a nerd but more of a geek here. A movie/world cinema geek :D
  • Kona2014
    Options
    I've got 3 science degrees, does that count?
  • Beleg
    Beleg Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I always considered myself a Jock growing up. Played all the sports and played them rather well. But in my late 20's I embraced the world of technology and now all my friends call me the sports nerd. I always have the latest and greatest tech gadget and I use them to track all kinds of sports stats for my boys youth teams. Also when there is computer problems among my family and friends I am the one that gets called. So if all this classifies me as a nerd then I am happy to join the club. :D
  • chanixxx
    Options
    Raging nerd...hmmm...I don't know, It takes me time to figure out any computer realated anything, but I'm really smart with almost everything else, can fix just about anything so far, and I'm in love with an anime character.. Does that count? :laugh:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I write about video games and tech for a living, so I probably qualify.

Well if your name has 'OSX' in it, you can be a Nerd, but not a Geek.
  • GeekMom17
    Options
    This thread is making me so happy. I see a lot of WoW gamers. Any DDO gamers? When I'm not being mommy and exercising I dabble on there. I'd love more friends that play...
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    *ears perk up*

I want some more nerdy friends!

I'm an on again off again WoW gamer (currently on - awaiting MoP release).

Pick me pick me! :smile:
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    Super Nerd Here!
  • moonpieto
    moonpieto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Nope I am definately not a nerd. :huh:
  • lasombrs
    Options
    oh yeah..... that would definitely include me :)

If you are up for a game of Magic, D&D, need a tank in an mmorpg, or a battle dressed warrior chick at a ren faire I'm your gal :)
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I do, however, have a special love for science fiction, ever since I discovered at 11 years old that my school library had, weirdly, hundreds of science fiction novels and not a lot else.

I would have loved to have had your librarian growing up. I have a special place in my heart for all that is science fiction. :)