I found a bra size calculator that ISN'T wrong! OMG!

Options

Replies

• waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    you can get a bra calculator? never knew that
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    bump for later!!
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Bump cause I have no idea what I am anymore. Every store I went to gave me something different.
  • Radiskull
    Radiskull Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It says that I am a 36DD, but I am quite comfy in a 40B. VS says that I am a 36C. I was thinking, "Sure, Lady...that's probably what you tell everyone." A 36C is too tight and the cup is too small. I give up.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    totally gutted now im down from a 34E to a 32D :sad: :grumble:
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    bump
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Even for us small-busted gals, this is a great tool for us. I've had calculators tell me I was a double AA cup which is so not true. My cup runneth over in a size like that, lol. I'm a 34B (a full B) but never an A or even AA cup. Thanks for posting this! Very useful indeed.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    So has anyone else gotten a bra size that can't possibly be right? I'm wearing a 34C right now but the calculator says I'm a 30DD..that doesn't seem like it could be right. So confused.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    This is great! I went to VS and they told me I was a DD!! No way in crap are these things that big... I'm a complicated C. Bs are waaayy to small, but Cs get big. It's really confusing!

I so agree!! One VS store told me I was an A and one told me I was a C!!! I too am complicated by the way they try to measure! Some B's are big on me and some I pop out of and some fit just right!!

So I will be checking this out at home too!
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I was just refitted professionally & this site overestimates cup size. I'm an H and it is saying K or L.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Wow! Still going! To all those this helps--or at least gets you into a store that knows their business, I'M SO HAPPY I've helped!

No one who "disbelieves" the tool will every come back, but I can't say enough (apparently!): Cup size ISN'T static. And HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR BREAST VOLUME. It is merely a reflection of the difference between the measure of your rib cage *just* under your breasts, and the measure of your bust across your breasts.

Support comes from the band--not the straps. This is important, so I'll repeat it, support comes from the band and not the straps!

I don't care "what you've always been"--you can't have "always been that size" because most sizers agree that if you've gained or lost 5-10lbs your bra size--band AND (possibly) cup have changed.

(I'm speaking in US chart terms here ladies--but I believe the concept translates and bra manufacturers appear to have the same confusing sizing concepts the world over)
    an "A" cup in a 40 is the same size CUP (you know that part that holds your ladies in) as:

CUP in a 40A=CUP in a 38B=CUP in a 36C=CUP in a 34D=CUP in a 32DD=CUP in a 30DDD=CUP in a 28DDDD

Given that--is it REALLY that impossible, that as you've lost weight--if your breasts really have remained the same size (heaven forbid)--the band went down in size (as did you! Good JOB!), but the CUP SIZE WENT UP. Yup. That's the truth.
    SO! DON'T YOU WANT YOUR LADIES TO STAND UP PROUD?? Since support comes from--where? YES, SUPPORT COMES FROM THE BAND. You want a SNUG band. If "you've always been" having gaping, double boob, SAGGY looking breasts and bought push up bras in hope of help, or cinched your straps to try to "haul up" the ladies--if you've "always" felt slightly bummed about how you look in a tee shirt because of how your breasts look, if you--I'm NOT JOKING--want to look, like 5-10lbs lighter because your bra fits right, holding your breasts up proud and hiding your stomach just a little bit better--then just TRY the size your measurements give you, or go see a GOOD ligurie sizer.
    Don't believe me? Go try that bad boy on! And remember, don't measure over your clothes.
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. it's something I have struggled with...err.... forever actually. Now I will feel confident that i can get a new bra when I need one rather than waiting until I have lost a ton and then having to go into Nordstroms.
  • HaySpencer
    Options
    38J jesus
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    i'm gonna try this out, i figure the bras I've been wearing are not right, but I've had to guess. now I will know for sure yay
  • betancourta229
    betancourta229 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mommyslilmen
    mommyslilmen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it said I was a 40H. I've been wearing a 38DD, the highest I've ever been was like 42DD. I've been wanting to get sized by a professional, but didn't know where to go. Thanks for all the info ladies. Unfortunately we don't have a Nordstrom's here in Boise, but hopefully I can find some place. When I get to my goal weight next year, I definitely want to get measured correctly and invest in some bras that fit. I've been in nursing bras for the past 3 years, both with underwire and sports type for sleeping/exercising and the sports type seem to support better then the underwire. I feel like I'm always sagging and having to pull the straps back up to readjust, but if I'm really an H, that could explain why I don't have enough support. Thanks for the forum. =) Definitely gave me something to think about.
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It says i am a 34 k :blushing: and to say the least i am bummed....
    Over bust- 43.5
    Under bust- 33
    am i even measuring correct????:grumble:
  • WannaBSkinnyBride
    Options
    bump!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I been wearing a 36B but that says I'm a 32D O_O
  • Aukeilagirl
    Aukeilagirl Posts: 147 Member