what can I buy at GNC to help speed up weight loss?!!?

Options

Replies

• innocenceportrayed
    Options
    MaureenH39 you said it! Rude, rude, rude.

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. It doesn't matter if a person posts that same question every hour there is no excuse for rudeness. This site is supposed to build people up, not tear them down.

Really? It's called "my fitness pal" not "how can I lose fat as fast as I can no matter the method pal"... There is no reason to condone stupidity with silence.

THANK YOU

First off, we all told her NICELY on her FIRST forum post that there wasn't a way, on this one, she's being a troll because she wasn't told what she wants to hear so I'm NOT going to put it nicely, I'm going to be blunt. I don't care if you have a problem with it and think I'm rude. I was nice at first, now I'm just being open and completely honest but in a more harsh way. Wake up and smell reality, you can't lose weight fast without causing serious harm to your body, deal with it, suck it up, eat right and move your *kitten*. That's all you can do. If you wanna do it the fast way, far from me to stop you just don't Bit** about it when it doesn't work long term.
  • zoombaby
    zoombaby Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Buy Dinitrophenol, only pill that actually work with weight loss, so who ever told you there is no pills is ignorant. And, yea there is a catch about it, hope you figure it out!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    The amount of rudeness on this site is amazing :noway:

Well, what a very rude thing for you to say! :frown:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    MaureenH39 you said it! Rude, rude, rude.

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. It doesn't matter if a person posts that same question every hour there is no excuse for rudeness. This site is supposed to build people up, not tear them down.

This was the advice given to a young Thumper by his mom. Fortunately, it does not apply to adult conversation (which is presumably what we are having here on the MFP forums, although I'll admit, I often have my doubts).

Sometimes, the correct answer is not going to be the answer the OP wants to hear, and it needs to be said so others reading the question are not misled by the lack of truthful answers. Sorry this doesn't align with your idea of how the site should be.

Edit: to fix a bad homonym...and then edited again to fix mixed verb tense. (Geesh, one margarita and I lose all ability to communicate properly.)
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Okay, so most people on this website aren't buying things at GNC, but I do.

Skip the meal replacements. It's no better than a Slimfast and you'll be starving anyway.

Skip the special chews for calcium or shiny hair or any other female-focused product.

GET A GOOD MULTI-VITAMIN. Get the packs with 10 pills if you want, but you probably don't need to spend that much. (I bought a month's supply and only took it for 1 week.) If you don't go for a pre-built pack, also grab some fish oil. I skip Flaxseed oil because I get that by eating actual flaxseed.

WHEY PROTEIN POWDER. You may not need this, but I do. When I do workouts, it's like I never get enough protein to recover, so this really helps. I don't do the 3 scoops/60g of protein they suggest, but an extra 20g is fantastic mixed in a fruit smoothie and sometimes I just can't eat that extra protein in one day.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Dihydrogen monoxide

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    what can I buy at GNC to help speed up weight loss?!!? messaaaggeeee or add mee!

Protein powder to take after you're finished with the heavy lifting and cardio. ;)
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Buy Dinitrophenol, only pill that actually work with weight loss, so who ever told you there is no pills is ignorant. And, yea there is a catch about it, hope you figure it out!

just went and read about this
    "This chemical is still deemed too dangerous by the FDA to allow it to come back to the pharmaceutical marketplace. "
    "DNP HAS ONE MAIN SIDE EFFECT- DEATH DUE TO BODY OVER-HEATING"
    "While it is true that DNP can significantly enhance your weight loss efforts, the extremely high risk of severe side effects, including death, make its use for this purpose a very bad idea."
    "Due to the high risk of death, you should not take DNP"

yeah that totally seems worth it. :noway:
    please tell me you were trollin'?
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options

"This chemical is still deemed too dangerous by the FDA to allow it to come back to the pharmaceutical marketplace. "
    "While it is true that DNP can significantly enhance your weight loss efforts, the extremely high risk of severe side effects, including death, make its use for this purpose a very bad idea."

tumblr_m9p8flpVJl1roqesno1_500.jpg
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    what can I buy at GNC to help speed up weight loss?!!? messaaaggeeee or add mee!

Patience!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    The amount of rudeness on this site is amazing :noway:

Oh Hey..Listen. They taught me real fast not to ask about anything I wanted help with.

Seriously?

So you'd advocate me recommending either:

a) stuff that doesn't work and is effectively a waste of money, or:
    b) stuff that is dangerous to their health?

I think the recommendation of "there are no shortcuts to being healthy" is the best one to give.
    logic...FTW!
  • LainyMay05
    Options
    Active Multivitamin. Works really good with diet and exercise.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Food scale!
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of thermogenics when cutting. Most recently, I was able to drop 12 lbs. of fat with the supplementation of Oxyelite Pro by USPlabs combined with my diet & exercise routine.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Patience, water, and exercise equipment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    It's called hard work and proper diet. Use portion control and common sense. Don't be a moron looking for a quick fix like many people out there. They don't work. Feel free though, if you want to waste your money =)
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    A clue
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You can avoid everything at GNC and save tons of money. lol It's a rookie mistake going to GNC. Big money pit
  • BigRich822
    Options
    Roxy Lean, It is pretty new and I just started taking it 30 days before my comp and I absolutely love it. The energy boost I get from it is great and it has a really good appetite suppressant. Its pretty cheap too!
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options

All i'll say is - remember earlier on in the thread where I mentioned someone DIED after reading stuff like this, bought it and used it? Yep. That's why I don't even bother mentioning it anymore and stick to NO.

Even suggesting things like this as a joke on a forum is pretty irresponsible, because some people don't have a sarcasm detector, will read about it, think the risks are worth it, buy it, and end up dead.

Lets not forget. There are some people out there so desperate to get the body they want and so desperate to get it _now_ that they'll take any risk to get there which includes their own life.

So be responsible before we start recommending (even as a joke) drugs/supplements on here... There are plenty of other places for the desperate if they are willing to take their lives into their own hands.