Negative comments

Options

Replies

• AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Dont let that piece of crap stop you from what you need to do, put your earphones in next time you are out walking. Be proud that you are taking the first step to improve your life,that is your goal, picture where you are now, and where you want to be. Dont let this unpleasnt person stop you from reaching your goal :smile:
  • lldem
    lldem Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable! Great ideas given here though; ignore it, listen to music, they're only in yur life for 30 sec and someone will always be yelling something.
    I know I must look a fright - sweaty, shorts riding up my legs, red faced - but inside, I feel great and I bet you do too! Keep it up!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I started walking and did short jogging intervals at 400+ lbs. I even do Zumba. Are there people that I notice point and laughing? Sure. Do I care? No, not really. I just think of this
    i%27m+sorry+i+can%27t+hear+you+over+the+sound+of+how+awesome+I+am.jpg
  • georgie181
    Options
    I wasn't running at the time but not long back from 1 and someone called me 'chunky', just like before when someone told me a fat joke that was clearly aimed at me I went home tracked my calories and done 20 minutes of HIIT, let the bad comments make you stronger, think to yourself I'll show them!!!
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    ha, i love it. peckerhead was in a TRUCK yelling at YOU when you were exercising.

grain of salt my friend. i was a fatty in high school and now i'm working at my high school and all my teachers/"friends" are like "OH MY GOODNESS!" and all that.... but they wouldn't give me the time of day when i was fat. pfft. :)
  • SashaMegan
    SashaMegan Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    when you get to your goal they'll be shouting at you then too!

Exactly. Stupid haters are gonna hate no matter what!
    The guy must be so bored with his life to do that.

Just go on, and congratulations for your nice walk and weight loss so far!

:flowerforyou:
  • kristenjn
    Options
    Keep your chin up and keep going!!! It's all about you and not what someone has to say. WALK ON!!!
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Ugghh, had some negative comments yelled at me by a passerby in a truck while returning from a walk the other day. I was just getting on a roll of getting motivated to do more walking. Now I feel like I don't want to go out there because of fear of hearing more negative things.

has anyone else experienced this before...how do you handle it.

Don't let those insensitive comments get you down and stop you from doing something that is good for you! Keep your eye on your goal and keep going! :wink:
  • SariC3
    SariC3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am always amazed (not in a good way) at bullying and just for the life of me don't understand what possesses people to act like jerks. I know it is much easier to say just ignore them than it actually is to do it. That is one of the many nice thing about groups like this, they are always supportive and encouraging.

Unfortunately we can'y do anything about the jerks of the world except for sorry for the sad life they must lead.

You are taking control of your life. Be proud of that. When you come across the jerks of the world, do a little something extra nice for someone else. Maybe it will help someone else get through a rough day.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Only someone with emotional problems would do that. Do not give their words any credence at all. I would be extremely hurt, too, but then I'd remember how much it would suck to be so socially inept and ugly on the inside and I'd feel sorry for them.

Carry on with your bad self. :smile:
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    who cares what people shout they were prob a big fat lazy retard that hasnt done a exercise in years!! Strut your stuff :D
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    You gotta have a pretty pointless and wretched life to take time out from your day to yell rude comments at passing strangers. Feel sorry for him. The alternative is to pick up a rock and put it through his windshield, which he richly deserves, but then he'll whine to the cops and you'll have no end of trouble, so best not.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    he was driving in a truck yelling comments

1) he was so scared of you he could only shout stuff while protected and moving off - so clearly you look like an *kitten* kicker, well done

2) his behaviour says more about him than you, anyone listening isn't going to think 'yeah look at the fat woman', they are too busy thinking 'what a cowardly *kitten*'

3) he knows you're better than him, so he's trying to make you feel as ****ty as he does.

Essentially, think of it this way: that guy's just proved you are clearly awesome, so awesome in fact he feels threatened by it. WTG!
  • debvan5
    Options
    I've had the something happen. No fun when people have to make themselves feel good by hurting and/or humiliating someone else. It is their weakness and insecurity at work in the worst possible way. Ignore it, keep on moving and don't let a jerk keep you from meeting your own goals. They have there now problems, and not working on it...you are ruling yours!

Keep up the good work and don't let mean spirited jerks hold you back.
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I agree, just ignore them. Put your earbuds in and rock it. I ride my bike up and down a busy highway and have never had anyone yell at me. Now I've noticed other people walking and riding.

My worst negative comments come from my own mother. Although I've lost 98 pounds, she still says 'you need to lose another 100', 'you have a pretty face' (that's the one I hate most).

No, I can't lose another 100 pounds. My mother weighs about 110 pounds. Sorry, I don't want to be skinny minny ( no offense meant).

I just ignore her and go on. She doesn't live my life, just like the jerk in the truck doesn't live yours.

Keep going, girl! You are on the right track!
  • Lexiesmom09
    Lexiesmom09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WOW! thanks so much everyone for the support! It means a lot!

And on that note....I'm going for another walk right now!

thanks again!!
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have had this too, really they need a lesson in good grace and manners and I am sure you act as motivation for many more people than the ones that are nasty small minded and foul moutherd, I have a wish to call their mother!
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Just know one thing : What we have if fixable, but stupidity is not ; it’s permanent. Can you imagine being THAT stupid for life ???urgh...

^^^THIS...100%
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    For every one idiot yelling stupid crap there is 10 people thinking that's what I need to do.

Can you inagine if people like this yelled out...
    I wish I was you...
    You rock it...
    You are running and I am eating a cheeseburger...
    I don't have half your energy...
    I wish I wasn't so lazy...
    You are awesome because you are getting in shape...
    etc.
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and continue to walk and put the nay sayers to shame. Allow the anger to fuel your fitness program.