What do you do for work?

Options

Replies

• cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on mfp much lately, but Sarge, since you took your shirt off, you have become quite the ladys man !!! Go Sarge !!! :drinker: As for my profession, I work in banking doing fraud research.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I haven't been on mfp much lately, but Sarge, since you took your shirt off, you have become quite the ladys man !!! Go Sarge !!! :drinker: As for my profession, I work in banking doing fraud research.

Usually taking my shirt off has the opposite effect I'm afraid.....:frown: :cry: :sad:
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options

Usually taking my shirt off has the opposite effect I'm afraid.....:frown: :cry: :sad:

pfft. I don't even believe you. :noway:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

you are such a liar!
  • Texas_Candy
    Texas_Candy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a dental assistant for the USAF. My dream is to become a hygienist...one day:flowerforyou:

64178.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

you are such a liar!

Nuh uh!
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I teach special education and just started a supported living business for adults with developmental disabilities with severe behavior problems.
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    I teach special education and just started a supported living business for adults with developmental disabilities with severe behavior problems.

That rocks Big D. I have vounteered with the mentally handicapped community here a lot. I love those guys and gals tremendously. :happy:
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    I'm a personal banker, and I love, love, love it! Bankers hours baby!!
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options

That is awesome! I worked with mentally and physically disabled individuals for about 4 yrs before I moved to Canada. I loved it and I miss my "guys" every day.
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Other then that I am a fulltime mom, wife, cook, maid, taxi driver, walking/talking atm machine- and i get paid hugs and kisses I love it-

I complete agree! I work as an Administrative Assistant at a nursing home. I love working around all the residents! We have people from 30 years old, with disabilities that their family can no longer take care of, to people that have had a long life. We recently had a resident pass away that was 103. They are amazing and tell you some stories!

I have often wondered, we are here to lose weight, be and eat healthier. Ms. Brown lived to be 103 and you know that she didn't count calories, carbs and the other stuff!
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options

That rocks Big D. I have vounteered with the mentally handicapped community here a lot. I love those guys and gals tremendously. :happy:

I love what both of you guys do. I would love to do something like this with my life!! How does one go about getting this kind of job? I have volunteered for such things, but I really have no idea how to go about making a career out of it.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

HUGS!!! you're awesome...and thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options

I love what both of you guys do. I would love to do something like this with my life!! How does one go about getting this kind of job? I have volunteered for such things, but I really have no idea how to go about making a career out of it.

I agree, at work we volunteer for the community, I always go for the Special Olympics. I love it!!! We could learn alot from those kids!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

I agree, at work we volunteer for the community, I always go for the Special Olympics. I love it!!! We could learn alot from those kids!

good for you all!!!! big hugs!

it means a lot knowing good people are out there!!!:wink: rock on and keep up the great job!
    :heart:
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am a recruiter running a full desk... basically that means I have to find my own clients and my own candidates which involves a lot of cold calling to people who really don't want to talk to me (until I can convince them otherwise) and who generally hate recruiters because there are 42 million of us out there.... a lot of which don't have a clue what they're doing and give the good ones a bad name. Did I mention I work on commission? :sad:

Ok the times when a deal comes together and I have really solved someone's problems feels great. And the money can be very good too... but I still quit 2 to 3 times a week. :laugh:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    "I am a Security consultant and member of the security team for Samaritan's Purse International."

Samaritan's Purse organizes the Shoebox donation ministry don't they?
    We've done that a couple Christmases...

I think that is one of the bestest organizations around! Good on you!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I'm a dental assistant for the USAF. My dream is to become a hygienist...one day:flowerforyou:

64178.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I have a friend who just retired as a USAF dental surgeon!
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Full time mom, full time military wife, and for mad money, I teach riding and train horses.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Full time mom, I do logisitics, expediting, shipping and receiving of supplies and gear. My operating budget is a couple of hundred thousand of dollars every three months. I also keep track, monitor and issue personal gear and Body armor for 120 of my teammates (and counting, damn I feel like a mom to 120 guys lol......)