September Challenge for beginners - 50 miles - you in?

Options

Replies

• 1oreocookie
    1oreocookie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok I am in. Did my first mile today. Ready to do this !!!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    This is my goal for September as well. Truthfully I'd like to aim for 60 but I tend to get ahead of myself... Just had my first child in June and have been so incredibly sedentary for the past three months (not to mention the end of pregnancy) it's not even funny. September is gonna be a great month!!! Right???

Let's do this!!

3.75/60 done!
  • rmcinern82
    rmcinern82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm a little late, but would love to be a part of this challenge. Will be hoofin' it on the treadmill today once the little one goes down for a nap.
  • herbalkitty
    herbalkitty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm in, its good to have a number to aim for :smile:

3.5 out of 50 done :happy:
  • maryogrady
    maryogrady Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in, did 2mi today, so 48 to go...............
  • AnnaMGP
    AnnaMGP Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm in I just signed up for the September Move Your @$$ Challenge. I signed up for 45 there will shoot for 50 though.

exercise.png
  • rmcinern82
    rmcinern82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    4 miles down 46 to go....
  • AnnaMGP
    AnnaMGP Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    2 miles today 48 to go

exercise.png
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Just over 7 yesterday and over 8 today, so 15 in and 35 to go. Does this include treadmill workouts too? I generally only run on weekends and days off, but go to the gym during the week. I have a "mud run" coming up on the 22nd. I hope that 5k counts too!
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am in for this challenge! Will be walking after my daughter goes to bed tonight.
  • catycee1
    catycee1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i'm in this could be just what i need tokeep going
  • gatreegirl
    gatreegirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This will get me motivated to start walking again:smile:
  • deborahleous
    Options
    I just joined on September 1st and this will be great for me. I am in and actually did 4 miles yesterday! 46 to go...
  • nat270
    nat270 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! Hope I'm not too late. Count me in.
  • LiveLaffLoseLove
    Options
    I will do it!!! I am starting a few days late, but I think I can still do it!
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    43 - 4 today = 39 to go.
  • LiveLaffLoseLove
    Options
    I use a fitbit and it logs all my steps which turns into miles throughout my day.... Can those count towards the goal, or is it just a dedicated walk/run over and above daily activity?
  • 54321coco
    Options
    Just saw this message - I am happy to try and do 50 miles - better late than never :flowerforyou:
  • LiveLaffLoseLove
    Options
    I'm in too...I use a pedometer every day and strive for 10,000 steps which I sometimes don't get. Found a formula to convert steps into calories burned which is helpful when tracking my cardio exercise stats so I will use part of that formula to calculate miles for this challenge. For those interested, there are 5,280 steps in a mile...so that means if I do 8,800 steps per day for 30 days I'll successfully complete the challenge. Who is with me???

There are 5280 FEET in a mile... So if you walk 1 foot in front of the other, heel to toe, then its that many STEPS. Otherwise, you are cheating yourself. I did about 4000 steps so far today and just over a mile. It all depends on your stride!
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    Options
    Great goal!
    I'm in for sure! :wink: