paralympics

Options
15678911»

Replies

• med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options

See as an American, we are used to being bashed for being Americans. It's sad that when any other country needs help in times of war or natural distasters, we are the first to get called on for help, and we are the first to always get attacked and condemned for everything we do.

i really disagree with this.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

If you really wanted to compare who cares more about people with disabilities why don't you look at who donates the most money... not who watches the most events.

But yes, I'm sure you're good at giving money to people. As long as you don't have to... you know.... *look* at them....

Wow, you're seriously a pile!

Err, no, that would be YOU!!
  • Kearsed
    Kearsed Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Nope, no coverage. We are about to start the college football (real football, not soccer) season and the NFL. Nobody would be watching the paralympics.

Real football involves using your feet, playing a full 90 minutes, no time outs, no video replay delays and is the most beautiful game known to humankind (a fact that is appreciated by the 95% of the world's population outside of the USA....):happy:

Sadly we have very limited coverage of the Paralympics here in Canada too.

yes real football!!! :) hello from poland, just finished the football euro cup in MY country. proud to say hehe

Both seem very real to me
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that as someone living in England I feel lucky that I can watch the paralympics. I am not a big sport fan, and I do think that having the events on home turf this year adds interest but I have been fascinated, amazed, inspired and moved to tears over the last few days. I think Channel 4 have done a great job with their advertising and have made people want to watch, there have been a number of high profile sponsors, and record ticket sales, which just goes to show the power of positive marketing.
    I'm not for one minute suggesting everyone should want to watch the paralympics but judging by the media/ social networks here many people have found watching it a positive thing.

I'm off to the gym tomorrow to work on my bench press, the women powerlifters earlier totally shamed me, I'd be happy if I could press half what they do, no more excuses from me. :happy:
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    This race is fantastic, GB v USA showdown:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ewj5DzXWn7U&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(in case the embed thing doesn't work here's the link: http://youtu.be/ewj5DzXWn7U )
  • TrimAnew
    TrimAnew Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Disgraceful!

Once again, America shows the world how backwards it can be. Snubbing our 7/7 tribute at the Olympic Opening Ceremony was bad,[...]

America didn't snub the tribute. NBC snubbed the tribute and got a heck of a lot of grief from Americans for doing so (Aka the #NBCFail Twitter tag, etc.)

America is not NBC.
  • TrimAnew
    TrimAnew Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    double post