Options

Replies

• Flavia24
    Options
    woo! good luck everyone xx
  • Strong_as_Oak
    Strong_as_Oak Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Will have to throw my hat into this ring, any kind of Sci Fi . Star Trek, Red Dwarf, Battlestar Galatica, Star Wars. Include Video games in that and general tech geekiness
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! Just about everything mentioned so far is in the realm of my fandoms. I could through in fan-fiction as well, but that's mostly via my wife. I also help with organizing two of our our local cons, Southern Media Con and Necronomicon (coming up in October). Sewed my own Star Fleet uniform and was given the name Commander by my college fraternity brothers. I build computers and run a few gaming servers, have 4000+ comics, and on and on... of course being into all of this could explain why I need to work out. And of course...

Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of fur
    Happy kitty, Sleepy Kitty, Purr Purr Purr

:)

My hubby and I are attending Necro. One of my personal goals is to be able to fit back into my costumes from DragonCon of last year :happy:
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I've always used the phrase.. "I'm not a nerd, I am a SHE-geek!" Yes, female gamer here and while I don't actively play these days, I will always be a gamer at heart. My major love has been MMORPG's and sadly, I just can't invest the time in them anymore that I once could. And no... I don't mean "WoW". It's just not in the same category lol.

Send a friend request, if you aren't too put off by the fact I don't play actively these days. But I am still a computer geek and often the "gadget girl" at work, as they call me! :D

edited to add non-game geek interests..
    Big Trekkie fan, I LOVE Eureka.. miss that show :(. I loved all of the Star Trek's other than the original. That one just bothered me, lol. If it's science related, count me in. Morgan Freeman can narrate ANYTHING! And anyone who knows who Brian Cox is without having to google him, send me a FR! :)
  • SimplyAmy70
    SimplyAmy70 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    *Waves hands above head*
    Proud Nerd Here!!!!!
  • Leileth
    Options
    Is doing a self wiki to organize my lessons (I'm a philosophy teacher) and spending more time on Minecraft than in my bed being a nerd ? Fine, I'm one ! Well, anybody there, feel free to add me :)
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If you know these characters, Friend Request me.... :)

red_dwarf_660.jpg

Best show EVER, as a kid i always wanted to be Christine Kochanski
  • Everend
    Options
    <---Huge Nerd.

Ignorance is bliss, but being a nerd is sexy.
  • bluto1221
    Options
    Red Five Standing By .......

Banshishi , et al ... New Red Dwarf series is coming out this fall.

Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Do slightly geeky dorks count?
  • AliMariesDad
    Options
    I believe next to the dictionary definition of 'nerd' is my picture. Friend request sent.
  • Presleyforpresident
    Options
    hi, i write slash fanfiction with lots of smut and i fangirl out over ATLA and LOK :)
    add me?
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Definitely. Science fiction, fantasy, conventions, was in the SCA for over 20 years before being part of a Worldcon. Still raiding in WoW, and playing D&D this weekend. I think I qualify. :)
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    oh my god. WoW <3<3<3

hello :)
  • thegrognard
    Options
    Take a gander at my ticker and I'll let you decide. :tongue:
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I write about video games and tech for a living, so I probably qualify.

That sounds like an awesome job... I wish I could do something tech related...
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Uhh huh! I even work at a company called 'Nerd Corps'. Yep, that's right. Nerd Corps. It exists, look it up! I animate there on Monster High.

Go nerds! ^_^
  • dbelardo
    Options
    I am a lazy nerd - if i can scan the barcode for everything i would, i would love it if i could type in the calories i need, have a menu presented to me, let me pick and choose, and then have it cooked for me...where is that damn food thing you saw on star trek? You know you speak the word "cereal" and it delivers your breakfast....However I really need to drop some major poundage since I really dont want to be popping diabetes meds for the rest of my life. I am considering, seriously, having my stomach sleeved, for the next few months I want to try to eat the way I would if I had the sleeve surgery (i have read that in addition to physically limiting the amount of food you can consume, your appetite is lessened considerably). So I figure if I can squish my appetite and just eat that 1 cup of food 5-6 times a day that would be the same thing. I don't even want to ask the doc for appetite suppressants, today has been pretty bad fighting hunger pangs though. Any NON pill appetite control suggestions?
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Would love to expand my pal list on here and maybe swap ideas for healthy things to eat when hanging out with friends. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54VJWHL2K3I
  • ScorpionReaver
    Options
    Fads come and go, but intelligence never goes out of style.

Oh yes, I most definitely qualify.