Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

September Challenge for beginners - 50 miles - you in?

Replies

• HiThere23
    HiThere23 Posts: 4 Member
    This is a great idea! I'm definitely in! :)
  • I'm in for the challenge! I have to get back into the habit of daily exercise, the month of August was terrible for me from a fitness aspect. I need motivation too, because I tend to find reasons to not work out unfortunately. Any suggestions that can help me with my consistency?
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Count me in! I did 4 on Saturday so only 46 more to go.
  • rmcinern82
    rmcinern82 Posts: 16 Member
    Four miles down 42 more to go!
  • thaphatdiva
    thaphatdiva Posts: 60 Member
    I'm in!
  • I'm new to MFP, but I'm totally in! I haven't gotten any miles in yet, but I am headed to the gym soon :)
  • mom2rpkp
    mom2rpkp Posts: 185 Member
    I'm so excited to see everyone's enthusiasm! It is motivating me. Lots of you are making great progress toward our goal already. To answer some questions:

**You can join anytime
    **Any walking or jogging counts - run, jog, walk, gasp, wheeze, waddle....treadmill, around the block, as long as you keep it real. (hey, the point is just to move our bodies more!)
    **Calculating miles: One thing I've done, because I have little ones, is calculate how many trips around my yard and around my church gym equal a mile. Another is to time yourself over a mile walk at a local track (at most, one lap = 1/4 mile). Then use your time to calculate miles. (For instance, when I last measured, I waddle a mile in 17 minutes. So, if I walk for 34 minutes and don't know the distance, I count it as two miles as long as I'm being honest with myself about the pace.
    **If you use a pedometer, I think about 2400 steps equals a mile for most people. Your pedometer might come with instructions about how to calculate.
    **For those of you with a FitBit, lucky you! I would advise asking someone in the MFP forums because I don't know how they work.
    **I'm working on a spreadsheet, not sure how best to share it. Until then, let's just keep posting our miles and progress and encourage one another!

Go, Us!
  • I'm in too! Just started Slim in 6 too, but need all the help I can get. I will be walking and running!
  • mom2rpkp
    I'm in for the challenge! I have to get back into the habit of daily exercise, the month of August was terrible for me from a fitness aspect. I need motivation too, because I tend to find reasons to not work out unfortunately. Any suggestions that can help me with my consistency?

This has worked for me: Put my running shoes on when I get up, and I can't change into something else until I've worked out. Or, if you can't exercise until after work, put them on the minute you get home. Take a kid on their bike. Take a dog. Good luck!
  • mom2rpkp
    Hey all - happy to report that we are 38 strong and have walked a collective 74 miles so far (that I know of). Please send your email address to mom2row@gmail.com, please include your MFP unsername so I can match them. I'm going to try to put the spreadsheet on googledocs so we can track. You are also welcome to add me as a friend on MFP if you want.

I'm walking today - praying that I've given my knee enough rest and can stay injury-free.

Great job! One step after another

Peace and blessings,

Bonnie
  • vipena786
    vipena786 Posts: 22 Member
    I'm a little late, but would love to join!! I plan on getting in a mile and half this evening and start walking a mile in the morning before work!!
    We can do this!
  • mom2rpkp
    You're in - shoot me an email! mom2row@gmail.com
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    I'll join in the fun!
  • mrsferfer
    mrsferfer Posts: 14 Member
    I would love to join also! One of my goals for September was to put my new treadmill to use (for more than a clothes hanger!) and so far I have walked at least one mile every day. I better step up my game if I am going to get to 50!!
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    I'm in.i need to up my running game
  • AnnaMGP
    AnnaMGP Posts: 60 Member
    Another 1 1/2 down. YAY! would have done more but it's rainy and yucky here. Try to make it more tomorrow.

exercise.png
  • susyale
    susyale Posts: 2 Member
    Yes, I am in!! I did 2 miles today only 48 to go!!
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    I'm SO in! :happy:

I jogged 6 on Sunday....only 44 to go!