What does a woman really want for her birthday

Options

Replies

• FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Like several other girls have mentioned... a getaway! Escaping from reality with my favorite person is the best gift.
    Traveling out of town & exploring new places, trying new restaurants, relaxing in a spa-bath together in our hotel room with the view of the ocean- YES PLEASE! :happy:
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    AWESOME idea for any woman (and some men too!) young/old, works REMARKABLY well for Mother's Day, Grandmothers, Baby Showers, death in the family... Believe it or not.... it's HOUSE CLEANINGS. Get a quote for what it would cost for someone to go in & clean her house/apartment. Then get her a gift certificate. If it's SUPER expensive? Buy an oven cleaning. Or windows. We HATE washing windows. Or even just one floor of the house.

No, I'm not kidding. And... it's especially apreciated when it's for a baby shower. New moms NEVER have the time & almost constantly have people dropping in on them unannounced to visit their new baby, but they're almost always too tired to have the house as clean as they would like it.
  • 70moretogo
    Options
    Rolex's oyster perpetual lady -datejust pearlmaster watch
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I would say - anything that pertains to her. Some people love one thing, others hate that exact thing. You know her best.

Having said that, for me I would like a terrific bottle of wine, slowly sipping it under the stars on the patio with some music playing and time to have a real conversation - nothing about work, kids, chores, etc. And then a second bottle. :wink:
  • nomorechub68
    Options
    Time.

Like WifeNMama said, take over all her household duties for the day, give her time to do whatever it is she enjoys. Me, I like to sew and have been known to spend part of Christmas Day at my machine.

Does she like the Art Gallery? Take her there to wander at her own pace.

Does she have a fave magazine? Then a subscription is a great idea, and the time to read it.

Does she have a fave meal that is complicated/time consuming to cook? Make it for her *and* clean up and wash dishes afterwards.

Oh boy....I couldn't agree more! I don't go for the sewing part of it, but I totally agree with the gift of TIME! ALL DAY EVERY day we do the same things (or it feels like it)...household chores.... so it is really romantic to ME if I I can get a whole day without having to do anything around the house.
    AND of course having major romantic time with my man (if I had one) where I don't have to make any decisions for the night's activities....I just want to get dressed up all sexy and go out......oh yea
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Like several other girls have mentioned... a getaway! Escaping from reality with my favorite person is the best gift.
    Traveling out of town & exploring new places, trying new restaurants, relaxing in a spa-bath together in our hotel room with the view of the ocean- YES PLEASE! :happy:

I agree. I personally am not a fan of getting jewelry because I'm too picky. I'd rather be taken to the store to pick something. But I'd still prefer a weekend away. Or really good Laker tickets. Or a puppy. :drinker:
  • NonDebutante3dot0
    Options
    Mavrick, the fact that you are asking shows that you are attentive and caring about the gift you (presumably) will choose. The best way to know what someone (woman or man) really wants is to pay close attention to that individual. Thoughtfulness is incredibly romantic.

You might ask leading questions, or you might bring up the subject by talking about the best gift anyone ever gave you, then asking what was the best gift she ever received? Her answer will give you clues.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I'd imagine she'd want some quiet time followed by a good hard jackhammering.

But I'm a guy, so what do I know. :-)
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    ...grab a box

Cut a hole in the box....

Put your winky in said box.

LOL. That is what I gave her last year.... said thank you, this is what I always wanted :) then like most toys, never played with it again :(

I'm dying...

This makes my life! :laugh:
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    Options
    Quality time and Diamonds
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    If money wasn't a factor, I'd want a trip abroad, preferably to Ireland.

Or...

On the cheap, a moonlit picnic by the lake.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Very good quality jewelry. . . NOT from a shopping mall but from a reputable fine jeweler.
    Gift certificate for a day at the spa.
    Gift certificate for classes in something of interest, like baking or stained glass or whatever.

Those are things I would like very much, anyway.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love to travel so a trip or a cruise. I am also a huge Dallas Cowboys fan, my husband hates sports, so I would love tickets to see them play.
  • Effort.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    One more thing some women do not like surprises and would prefer the money to spend on their wish list.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Not sure about your wife, but I'm not really one to want objects for gifts. I'd rather go somewhere and do something. For example, I'd rather have a day exploring a new city, an overnight stay out of town, a trip to Disneyland - something like that. Objects always seem to lose their attraction after a short while. When we go do something I have memories and pictures and the bonding experience that lasts a lifetime.
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Something that shows you are paying attention to her and what she loves.... what is she passionate about? What hobbies or pursuits does she enjoy? Is there a class she's been wanting to take or an author she would love to hear... whatever the decision, make it personal to her. Something that shows you've been listening and care. Nothing is sexier than that.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My ideal is a road trip for a weekend to different coffee places that aren't Starbucks. ^^;
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    it really depends on what she likes, but you cant really go wrong with jewelry and an awesome date (think nice restaurant, theatre not movies but a play, etc)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Any time a boyfriend has bought me jewelry in the past, it was the ugliest thing ever.

I want... to go horseback riding. Or a ski trip.