I want to call myself curvy

Options

Replies

• pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Oh BTW, you don't have to be an HOURGLASS to have curves, you can be pear shape, etc etc. Honestly this post was a little stupid and narcissistic.

there is always someone that gets butt hurt.

LOL
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    crazy-parenting-fails-rawr.gif

I don't know if it was on purpose, but due to the editing this image looks like the white female running turns into a black dude.

lol
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    the term you are looking for ....for someone that is over abundantly curvy (aka some rolls but still curvy and defined) is Rubenesque...after Ruben's character paintings of over abundantly endowed women that were NOT in shape and curvy....

I was taught that someone who is not in shape and still has some definition and curves to their body is Rubenesque and curvy meant exactly what Amber was talking about.
  • CokeBottle84
    CokeBottle84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    No, but it makes no sense to sit and talk about how other people DEFINE their BODIES. Worry about your body and support others. Who cares if someone 200lbs calls themselves curvy. What does it have to do with you? Or anything else for that matter?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Oh BTW, you don't have to be an HOURGLASS to have curves, you can be pear shape, etc etc. Honestly this post was a little stupid and narcissistic.

Maybe she thought she was in the coffee enema thread.
  • Sugarhoneyicedtea
    Options
    the term you are looking for ....for someone that is over abundantly curvy (aka some rolls but still curvy and defined) is Rubenesque...after Ruben's character paintings of over abundantly endowed women that were NOT in shape and curvy....

I was taught that someone who is not in shape and still has some definition and curves to their body is Rubenesque and curvy meant exactly what Amber was talking about.
    Thank you! I couldn't recall the term.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Agreed. You can be skinny and have curves. I'm an hourglass, damn it!

Yup, it's just the body shape.
    Some skinny girls have curves and some fat girls are straight yet fat. Just genetics
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Butt hurt makes me lol
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    CURVY = waist curves INWARD....
    Example:
    mmm-42974245818_xlarge.jpeg

FAT = waist curves OUTWARD...
    Example:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWw--wPY3R-ND6TfpyitEdoXTPuV-KIHHExLNdrxbsWowJ12Vs

Then of course, there is also "straight up and down like a ruler", which I am, but I'm fine with it. :happy:
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Amber, I will say there is nothing fat about you. All the good adjectives that I have seen on here do nicely too describe your shape. I will take a women with some shape any day over another option...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    No, but it makes no sense to sit and talk about how other people DEFINE their BODIES. Worry about your body and support others. Who cares if someone 200lbs calls themselves curvy. What does it have to do with you? Or anything else for that matter?

I'll remind you of this the next time someone says, "I don't want to get below X weight because I'll lose my curves."
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    tumblr_li6ddqWJQ51qbelyto1_400.jpg

How I LOVE her curves! (And I think she makes a MUCH prettier (natural) blonde and a bottle brunette)
  • poshcouture
    Options

Seriously - thank you for clearing that up! I was TRULY feeling a bit butt hurt by the OP's comment about being fat and not not exactly curvy. I'm woman enough to admit that! LOL The women in MY family are not 115 lbs but they are certainly curvy, thicker than a Snicker and yadda, yadda. No, they're not a size 2; however, curves come in many shapes and many sizes. :flowerforyou:
  • CokeBottle84
    Options
    Oh okay.

I'll remind you of this the next time someone says, "I don't want to get below X weight because I'll lose my curves."
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    90% of the time when someone describes themselves as curvy I want to say:

inigo.png

It seems we've gotten far away from what curvy actually is.

:laugh: This is awesome!! Please post this picture anytime you see curvy misused! fingerscrossed.gif

It is now my personal mission.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

Did you not read the OP? I can't call myself curvy because in today's world it means fat, because fat people have taken it and ran with it.
  • Sugarhoneyicedtea
    Options
    003-1.jpg

Rubenesque curvy, I suppose.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

Seriously - thank you for clearing that up! I was TRULY feeling a bit butt hurt by the OP's comment about being fat and not not exactly curvy. I'm woman enough to admit that! LOL The women in MY family are not 115 lbs but they are certainly curvy, thicker than a Snicker and yadda, yadda. No, they're not a size 2; however, curves come in many shapes and many sizes. :flowerforyou:

trust me, I know. I'm a 12. NO woman in my family is teeny tiny thin.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    40-30-40 down to a size 12 from size 20.
    CURVY!
  • CokeBottle84
    Options
    Okay? So what if they have? What's your point? And who cares? What does that have to do with you? If you feel you're curvy you are, just like if they feel they're curvy they are. Curviness comes in all weights and heights.

Did you not read the OP? I can't call myself curvy because in today's world it means fat, because fat people have taken it and ran with it.