I want to call myself curvy

Options

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Okay? So what if they have? What's your point? And who cares? What does that have to do with you? If you feel you're curvy you are, just like if they feel they're curvy they are. Curviness comes in all weights and heights.

No, but it makes no sense to sit and talk about how other people DEFINE their BODIES. Worry about your body and support others. Who cares if someone 200lbs calls themselves curvy. What does it have to do with you? Or anything else for that matter?

Did you not read the OP? I can't call myself curvy because in today's world it means fat, because fat people have taken it and ran with it.

I care... which is why I posted. Keep up sunshine!
  • CDeRuyter
    CDeRuyter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I prefer voluptuous...

That's starting to mean fat too... anything having to do with a sexy figure, is meaning fat... it pisses me off

What about hot b*tch?

Voluptuous, hot b, hourglass, MILF....I enjoy them all. I just wish they would cut clothes that fit us curvy girls. I get really annoyed when a shirt squeezes my 'assets' into one lump and then hangs like a sack around my waist.

That's my favorite
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    curve/kərv/
    Noun:
    A line or outline that gradually deviates from being straight for some or all of its length.
    Verb:
    Form or cause to form a curve.
    Synonyms:
    noun. bend - turn - twist - curvature - crook - turning
    verb. bend - crook - flex - bow - warp - twist

Pretty sure a curve can go inwards, outwards, up...down...any which way. You don't have to curve inwards to be curvy, your curves can curve outwards as well. Curvy means anything that's not straight. An overweight person who is completely round can call themselves curvy; they curve outwards. To each their own.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Because DANG IT! I AM!!! I'm not 200 lbs overweight, I'm a textbook hourglass figure with a large chest, small waist, and wide hips... My "curvy" isn't my many many rolls down my body.

Let's change the meaning of this word back to what it is. Call a duck a duck....

Thanks! :)

Got that except the big boobs :( (36B)

very narrow waist and wider hips...though I'm not big either (size 6)...you can feel/see my hip bones...just got a big pelvis I guess.

No boobs? That's ok, we can call you pooperific!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    No, but it makes no sense to sit and talk about how other people DEFINE their BODIES. Worry about your body and support others. Who cares if someone 200lbs calls themselves curvy. What does it have to do with you? Or anything else for that matter?

Did you not read the OP? I can't call myself curvy because in today's world it means fat, because fat people have taken it and ran with it.

You can use the following word list: (this is just my opinion on the words...#pleasedon'tflameme)

sexy
    hot
    womanly figure (hips ftw!)
    voluptuous (boobs ftw!)

you don't need to use the word curvy
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Oh BTW, you don't have to be an HOURGLASS to have curves, you can be pear shape, etc etc. Honestly this post was a little stupid and narcissistic.

there is always someone that gets butt hurt.

Isn't that the truth!! Fun and games people..........fun and games!!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Agreed. You can be skinny and have curves. I'm an hourglass, damn it!

Someone in the Kim Kardashian thread described her hourglass figure as "a weird shape."

Women with wider hips and smaller waists? Absolutely bizarre!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    curve/kərv/
    Noun:
    A line or outline that gradually deviates from being straight for some or all of its length.
    Verb:
    Synonyms:

Pretty sure a curve can go inwards, outwards, up...down...any which way. You don't have to curve inwards to be curvy, your curves can curve outwards as well. Curvy means anything that's not straight. An overweight person who is completely round can call themselves curvy; they curve outwards. To each their own.

Quoting dictionary definitions is what you do to start an essay when you're 10. Also what is the dictionary definition of Duckface?
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    curve/kərv/
    Noun:
    Verb:
    Synonyms:

Quoting dictionary definitions is what you do to start an essay when you're 10. Also what is the dictionary definition of Duckface?

:laugh: :heart:
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    Preach on sista! Lol... :-) Yay let's hear it for the curvy girls! I would know, I'm one too!
  • CokeBottle84
    CokeBottle84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Okay, cool. I'm glad you made this an issue to care about. I hope you make a difference in the world by taking this "issue" head on on MFP. Maybe one day all the "fat people" in the world will stop calling themselves curvy. :wink: :smile:
    Okay? So what if they have? What's your point? And who cares? What does that have to do with you? If you feel you're curvy you are, just like if they feel they're curvy they are. Curviness comes in all weights and heights.

• poshcouture
    Options

Claro...Estoy tan contenta de que ella se preocupa por mi cuerpo. SMH.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    curve/kərv/
    Noun:
    Verb:
    Synonyms:

lol! Someone's angry. :flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Agreed. You can be skinny and have curves. I'm an hourglass, damn it!

Someone in the Kim Kardashian thread described her hourglass figure as "a weird shape."

Women with wider hips and smaller waists? Absolutely bizarre!

I know! It's as though aliens invaded and bred with earthlings to produce such a strange and before unknown figure.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Rock it Amber!!!
  • robmcd88
    robmcd88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Oh BTW, you don't have to be an HOURGLASS to have curves, you can be pear shape, etc etc. Honestly this post was a little stupid and narcissistic.

Here’s a textbook example of how and why the meanings change. Criticize then manipulate it to what you like. I'm so offended... I’m not fat and lumpy, I’m voluptuous and curvy.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    Okay, cool. I'm glad you made this an issue to care about. I hope you make a difference in the world by taking this "issue" head on on MFP. Maybe one day all the "fat people" in the world will stop calling themselves curvy. :wink: :smile:

That's the goal. Thanks for your support
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    curvy can be whatever you make of it, but lately it seems its only a bad thing. To ME, curvy is the same as what you said - hourglass. Fit girls can be curvy, too.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Taking curvy back! I too am curvy!

:)