I want to call myself curvy

Options

Replies

• CokeBottle84
    CokeBottle84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh okay. "Butt hurt"? Is that what it's called? Silly me, I thought I was responding to your forum post. You did make it public right? Oh Ok. :happy:

I've made my point. Enjoy your rant.

More than likely they have low self esteem. I'm not sure why someone would care about that. If you want to get technical some people would consider a her wearing a size 12 fat. But that's objective because some people say a size 12 is average. So then would she be one of those so called "Fat people"? I often wonder what causes people to attack others to make them feel good about themselves.
    "I can't call myself curvy because in today's world it means fat, because fat people have taken it and ran with it."
    :cry:

I have an idea: how about not being so concerned about what words you "can" and "can't" use to describe yourself? If you think you're sexy, why not just call yourself sexy? That seems like a freakin win no matter what. Nobody's going to take that term and dirty it up for you. I just don't understand why people get so huffy about words. Words are subjective, as well as many of their definitions. Some people call me curvy, some people call me fat. The ones that call me fat can shove it, and that's where it ends :smile:

I love how you're talking about me like I can't read... Size 12 MAY be fat, some people that wear a 12 ARE fat. Fact is, my HIPS are wide. You know, the actual bone structure? I don't have a ton of extra weight hanging around making me a 12. I'll never be smaller than that. And I'm ok with that. I LOVE my body. And the thread was about a word. Sorry you got so butt hurt, welcome to the internet
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    More than likely they have low self esteem. I'm not sure why someone would care about that. If you want to get technical some people would consider a her wearing a size 12 fat. But that's objective because some people say a size 12 is average. So then would she be one of those so called "Fat people"? I often wonder what causes people to attack others to make them feel good about themselves.
    "I can't call myself curvy because in today's world it means fat, because fat people have taken it and ran with it."

I have an idea: how about not being so concerned about what words you "can" and "can't" use to describe yourself? If you think you're sexy, why not just call yourself sexy? That seems like a freakin win no matter what. Nobody's going to take that term and dirty it up for you. I just don't understand why people get so huffy about words. Words are subjective, as well as many of their definitions. Some people call me curvy, some people call me fat. The ones that call me fat can shove it, and that's where it ends :smile:

I love how you're talking about me like I can't read... Size 12 MAY be fat, some people that wear a 12 ARE fat. Fact is, my HIPS are wide. You know, the actual bone structure? I don't have a ton of extra weight hanging around making me a 12. I'll never be smaller than that. And I'm ok with that. I LOVE my body. And the thread was about a word. Sorry you got so butt hurt, welcome to the internet

Why are you so quick to jump on people? It's not proving your point at all, especially when you are calling other people butt hurt. Usually jumping on somebody's back right away is a sign that you're the one whose butt is a little sore....but w/e. Let's all be happy and ride unicorns into the sunset, okay??? :drinker:
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    To not sound butt hurt... lmao... I just want to say I love you all lol.
    I have curves as well, so I get what you are saying. But I also agree with the fact that 'fat' women can be curvy as well, you just can't see it as good. I'm still overweight, but my curves are kickin. Soon I'll be looking like Kim K and my *kitten* will be all BAM and my tig ole bitties will be like BOOM. And I personally don't give a rats *kitten* who thinks what about me, or a word I use to describe myself. I'm gonna rock what I got... plain and simple, the end!
  • TovaJH
    TovaJH Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think words have so much meaning and connotation...we just have to take the power of those words back, and redefine them in a way that empowers us. So work it, curvy girls!! and keep up the good work!
  • AndyOniyate
    Options
    me too - british size 12 - american 8 I think...I weigh 150 pounds and my waist is 10 inches small than my hips and chest...curvy is not fat - never has been - fat is fat - not an insult just a fact. I have been 196 pounds - I was fat!! Good luck with your journey :-)

It varies by height, you can be 196 and not fat. I've known some pretty average girls who weigh this much at like 5'10.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im curvy like a backroad canyon highway in northern Arizona.

No check that... im either soundwaves... or a softer version of the NYC skyline.

Either way, I love what's happening to me.

Oh wait.... I am what's happening to me.
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options

FTW.gif
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    somebody always gets all :mad: :explode: and I :laugh: :drinker: and then offer sad girl/guy :flowerforyou: and :drinker:

come on guys, why can't we get along ????
  • poshcouture
    Options
    Okay? So what if they have? What's your point? And who cares? What does that have to do with you? If you feel you're curvy you are, just like if they feel they're curvy they are. Curviness comes in all weights and heights.

No, but it makes no sense to sit and talk about how other people DEFINE their BODIES. Worry about your body and support others. Who cares if someone 200lbs calls themselves curvy. What does it have to do with you? Or anything else for that matter?

Did you not read the OP? I can't call myself curvy because in today's world it means fat, because fat people have taken it and ran with it.

I care... which is why I posted. Keep up sunshine!

Claro...Estoy tan contenta de que ella se preocupa por mi cuerpo. SMH.

1357165_o.gif

ROFL...It's that, "seriously this has become an issue?!" kind of Spanish. Loose translation - I'm glad you care so much about my body.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Yeah because how other people define themselves should totally affect how you define yourself.

:drinker: Here's to insecurity no matter what your size or shape!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Yeah because how other people define themselves should totally affect how you define yourself.

Put it this way:

If you're single and online dating, which do you pick for your body type? Curvy is an option, but it means overweight. Then you have things like athletic and a few extra pounds, but there is no option for a thin woman with a curvy figure.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's totally what I got out of this post- that the OP is insecure. :huh:
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    Yeah, that's totally what I got out of this post- that the OP is insecure. :huh:

Different people see different things. To me, if she wasn't insecure about it she would simply call herself curvy and be done with it. Being secure in yourself means knowing what/who you are without caring how others judge you for it, especially on the internet.

Otherwise it simply seems like a call for attention to be paid to how hot she is... another sign of insecurity.
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    double post.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Agreed. People have forgotten what curvy really means. You can be overweight and curvy, you can be skinny and curvy. It just means your waist is smaller than your hips and boobs. I'm curvy. I'm overweight right now but you can still see my curves.

Christina Hendricks (sp?) is curvy. ScarJo is curvy. They are both of course a good weight and in shape. I wouldn't mind having their curvy bodies! LOL

This is me too.

Yes, I am overweight, but I am still an hour glass shape and very much hour glass shape curvy. I never lost the hour glass shape when I gained weight.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

Put it this way:

If you're single and online dating, which do you pick for your body type? Curvy is an option, but it means overweight. Then you have things like athletic and a few extra pounds, but there is no option for a thin woman with a curvy figure.
    Yeah.... thin.

I prefer "used up"... matches my education, "dropped out of space camp".
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Put it this way:

Yeah.... thin.

I prefer "used up"... matches my education, "dropped out of space camp".

Thin doesn't really apply, though. I don't know. I never thought of myself as thin, even when I was 102 pounds. I have huge breasts for my frame and wide hips.
  • 90% of the time when someone describes themselves as curvy I want to say:

inigo.png

It seems we've gotten far away from what curvy actually is.

HA!! This is great!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I speed up for curves!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

Different people see different things. To me, if she wasn't insecure about it she would simply call herself curvy and be done with it. Being secure in yourself means knowing what/who you are without caring how others judge you for it, especially on the internet.

Otherwise it simply seems like a call for attention to be paid to how hot she is... another sign of insecurity.

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself sweetheart :flowerforyou:

There is no insecurity, or fishing for compliments in my OP. Simply stating that fat women shouldn't call themselves curvy. I tried to be nice about it