I want to call myself curvy

Options

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Yeah because how other people define themselves should totally affect how you define yourself.

:drinker: Here's to insecurity no matter what your size or shape!

Put it this way:

If you're single and online dating, which do you pick for your body type? Curvy is an option, but it means overweight. Then you have things like athletic and a few extra pounds, but there is no option for a thin woman with a curvy figure.

I posted exactly this on another thread.

When I was online dating, I was in great shape and working out regularly. Also an hourglass. So I selected "Curvy" as my body type.

More than one date told me they had nearly missed my profile because online, "curvy" means fat.

So I changed it to "athletic". Then they said they nearly missed my profile because "athletic" means flat-chested and bottom-heavy.

No one was ever disappointed because I had full body shots posted, but I wonder how many searches never found me because I couldn't decode what the body descriptions meant to men.
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    Options
    I have a HUGE *kitten*, a tiny waist and C breasts i consider myself curvy mainly because every inch of me IS curvy. Shiit if the larger girls wanna call themselves curvy to boost their own self image let them im gonna be me and curvy either way ;)
  • Gentlejazz2012
    Options
    I prefer curvy!
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    Options
    Yeah because how other people define themselves should totally affect how you define yourself.

Put it this way:

If you're single and online dating, which do you pick for your body type? Curvy is an option, but it means overweight. Then you have things like athletic and a few extra pounds, but there is no option for a thin woman with a curvy figure.

When I was online dating, I was in great shape and working out regularly. Also an hourglass. So I selected "Curvy" as my body type.

More than one date told me they had nearly missed my profile because online, "curvy" means fat.

So I changed it to "athletic". Then they said they nearly missed my profile because "athletic" means flat-chested and bottom-heavy.

No one was ever disappointed because I had full body shots posted, but I wonder how many searches never found me because I couldn't decode what the body descriptions meant to men.

HEy HEY HEY! **** that guy Athletic does NOT mean flat chested and bottom heavy what a jerk! -pout-
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Put it this way:

The moral of this story? Don't go online dating!!! ;)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Put it this way:

HEy HEY HEY! **** that guy Athletic does NOT mean flat chested and bottom heavy what a jerk! -pout-

When I think "athletic," I picture very low BF and a more straight up and down figure with a smaller chest. I don't necessarily picture a large bottom. But I also don't picture an hourglass or pear shape.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's totally what I got out of this post- that the OP is insecure. :huh:

Me too. So sad.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    Yeah, that's totally what I got out of this post- that the OP is insecure. :huh:

Different people see different things. To me, if she wasn't insecure about it she would simply call herself curvy and be done with it. Being secure in yourself means knowing what/who you are without caring how others judge you for it, especially on the internet.

Otherwise it simply seems like a call for attention to be paid to how hot she is... another sign of insecurity.

Yep, yep.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

Different people see different things. To me, if she wasn't insecure about it she would simply call herself curvy and be done with it. Being secure in yourself means knowing what/who you are without caring how others judge you for it, especially on the internet.

Otherwise it simply seems like a call for attention to be paid to how hot she is... another sign of insecurity.

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself sweetheart :flowerforyou:

There is no insecurity, or fishing for compliments in my OP. Simply stating that fat women shouldn't call themselves curvy. I tried to be nice about it

Well, others have stated that one can be overweight and still be an hourglass shape, weigh different amounts, etc.

150 pounds or size 12 can be overweight and even obese.

It doesn't freakin' matter. You would not have posted a forum the way you did if you weren't fishing for comments and big ups. Your actions are speaking way louder than your words.

Geesh get over yourself already
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Meep.

I f*ckin love this....jus sayin.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options

There is no insecurity, or fishing for compliments in my OP. Simply stating that fat women shouldn't call themselves curvy. I tried to be nice about it

Well, others have stated that one can be overweight and still be an hourglass shape, weigh different amounts, etc.

It doesn't freakin' matter.

Last three replies have been from you so I think you are the one who needs to get over yourself.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

It doesn't freakin' matter. You would not have posted a forum the way you did if you weren't fishing for comments and big ups. Your actions are speaking way louder than your words.

I get enough of that from my FL... but thanks for playing!
  • poshcouture
    Options
    Okay? So what if they have? What's your point? And who cares? What does that have to do with you? If you feel you're curvy you are, just like if they feel they're curvy they are. Curviness comes in all weights and heights.

No, but it makes no sense to sit and talk about how other people DEFINE their BODIES. Worry about your body and support others. Who cares if someone 200lbs calls themselves curvy. What does it have to do with you? Or anything else for that matter?

Did you not read the OP? I can't call myself curvy because in today's world it means fat, because fat people have taken it and ran with it.

I care... which is why I posted. Keep up sunshine!

Claro...Estoy tan contenta de que ella se preocupa por mi cuerpo. SMH.

Next time, grow a pair and say it in English. Some of us do speak Spanish, just an FYI.

:laugh: Girl please.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

Put it this way:

The moral of this story? Don't go online dating!!! ;)

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

And I don't. Haven't for over 6 years.
  • poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    i think curvy should mean wer beutifull x
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

It doesn't freakin' matter.

Last three replies have been from you so I think you are the one who needs to get over yourself.

I was responding to different comments on a public thread that was created.

Oh the internet bullies now gang up on someone.

I don't need to get over myself. I am very secure with myself and the only person that I want compliments from is my HUSBAND OF 14 YEARS.

I don't create threads to get compliments and big ups from random strangers on the internet.

I don't post threads so people from my friends list come in and gang up on other posters that are HONESTLY POSTING REPLIES either.

I really don't know why I continue to be a part of this site. Most of you are all pathetic attention seeking ********
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    So call yourself curvy.

Why get upset with what other people do? Overweight women can call themselves curvy and it has absolutely no effect on me.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

I get enough of that from my FL... but thanks for playing!

Obviously you feel the need to get more.

Pathetic to the nth power.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I think curvy is how I would describe myself, I am very busty, with a waist and a fairly round bum, so an hourglass I am, when I was fat I called myself fat, people who call themselves curvy when they are fat are just kidding themselves, but then so what? I can call myself skinny, but with a 32J bust, that is not happening in this lifetime

I like all shapes, but being honest with OURSELVES is what matters most, and that is the big thing here. I could go live in a stable, but I am never going to be a horse.....
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I prefer voluptuous...

That's starting to mean fat too... anything having to do with a sexy figure, is meaning fat... it pisses me off

To me, voluptuous is EXTRA curvy... Still with the curvy wide hips, small waist and big boobs just larger. I think voluptuous is way different than fat.