------> TO ALL THE LOW-CARB-ers OUT THERE! <------

Options

Replies

• AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    That's a cute article but I do ADF so I can eat as many carbs as I want. Well, just until I'm full at least. :)
  • dawndelion
    dawndelion Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like this infographic. Lots of people don't realize the process your body goes through to digest carbs. I'm following the "Belly Fat Cure" as designed by Jorge Cruise.

Basically, he shows you scientific research about how sugar is a villian and really trashes your body. And he's not just some crack-pot... 60 minutes just did an Expose on sugar as a killer.

So the BFC just has you reading labels to watch how many sugars/carbs you're consuming. The max you should consume (as a general rule and as a way to lose weight) is 6 servings of carbs (5-20g=1 serving) and 15g of sugar.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Misinformation. Over-simplifications. Cherry picked "science".

There's nothing wrong with the low-carb life style, but there's nothing wrong with eating carbs too. People will be successful on any diet they can stick with.
  • Jester522
    Options
    Hahahaha this is cool... but I'd like to make 1 thing clear:

It doesn't matter what you stuff in your mouth, consuming more calories than your daily expenditure creates weight gain - good or bad. Now if body composition is important to you then: fats make you skinny - its high GI carbs are evil.

Although I cycle my carbohydrates... so effective.
  • wazzanz
    Options
    Very interesting as a summary. I've certainly cut back on refined carbs with great success.

However, never going to give up carbs as not sustainable in the long term.

Also it does not show effect of exercise. If exercising then carbs being burned up rather than turning to fat (used as sugar).

Another point is the addictive nature of refined sugars so after you eat a biscuit you want another whereas 1 banana or apple usually enough,
  • CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You DON"T HAVE TO trust these posters... or any opinions people may have of them...

>>>>>>>>>>>> TRUST YOU SCALE, it will tell you what to believe and what not to believe...
  • Fredrikanita
    Fredrikanita Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bumping.
  • wazzanz
    Options
    Any clean eating low carbers want to share food ideas please send friend request .
  • Desitweety
    Options
    i wish i could copy this!!! So true and bananas are just as fattening as cookies!!!!!
  • CATindeeHAT
    Options

It doesn't matter what you stuff in your mouth, consuming more calories than your daily expenditure creates weight gain - good or bad. Now if body composition is important to you then: fats make you skinny - its high GI carbs are evil.

Although I cycle my carbohydrates... so effective.

Nailed it.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I love love love fats as a paleo eater, but carbs have their place too!
    Sweet potatoes are a god send :]
  • wazzanz
    Options
    i wish i could copy this!!! So true and bananas are just as fattening as cookies!!!!!

Assuming you stop at one....
  • CATindeeHAT
    Options
    I love love love fats as a paleo eater, but carbs have their place too!
    Sweet potatoes are a god send :]

I am sucker for sweet potatoes...

EVERYONE HERE NEEDS TO KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE POSTERS DO NOT SUGGEST THAT YOU NEVER EAT A SINGLE CARBOHYDRATE
    >>> If you think that then you get an F for critical thinking.

Rather, they suggest that you LIMIT your carbohydrate consumption. Fats, proteins, and total calorie intake matter to
    > the key is BALANCE.
  • Desitweety
    Options

Assuming you stop at one....
    huh?
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I choose the best of both meals!!! Eggs and whole grain toast. Some carbs are healthy and necessary. Eggs are fantastic! But the saturated fats in processed meats like Bacon are quite unhealthy and unnecessary so I skip them!
  • bombedpop
    bombedpop Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs and am not fat, nor do I have whatever cravings your cartoon shows. So, um, theory wrong. Calories in/calories out, take in more than you burn and you are certain to gain weight/be overweight.

But whatever makes y`all happy.

Also, all caps + arrows = annoying.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    If you're eating more calories than you're burning, you're going to store fat. If you're not, you're not. So . . . don't.

Don't know if that would make for such a snazzy infographic.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

Agreed - nuf said.
  • CATindeeHAT
    Options
    I eat carbs and am not fat, nor do I have whatever cravings your cartoon shows. So, um, theory wrong. Calories in/calories out, take in more than you burn and you are certain to gain weight/be overweight.

But whatever makes y`all happy.

Also, all caps + arrows = annoying.

Then why are you reading this feed?

Just because something works for you does not mean it works for everyone sweetheart.
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I follow Chris Powell of low carb. one day and high carb. next day both days not exceeding 1200 calories for women 1500 for men. I am never hungry and it is working....