Replies

• unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    Options
    A---mazing thread!! Thanks. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! What a great question to ask and what wonderful scriptures, suggestions and prayers shared here. Don't know if there is a Christian "group" on this site and don't know how to start one, but maybe someone can? If so, please let me know! Or let me know if there is one! Can never get emough fellowship with God and with other believers. :happy:
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful way to wake up and be encouraged before I begin my day.
    I was not aware there was a christain group on this board...LOL..should not be surprised!

Have a very blessed day :-)

Lesa

Agree, definitely.
  • MelodyAnn323
    MelodyAnn323 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ahhh! This has got to be one of my favorite threads on here. Thanks for the huge dose of inspiration this morning. I needed it and found it so refreshing to my walk AND my weightloss fight.
  • cardozm
    cardozm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    alll are awesome!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I love these inspirations......!!!!!!!
    :heart:
  • areemeyer
    areemeyer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
    —1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV)

I find this verse pretty inspiring. I am trying to make my body the best temple I can :)

I agree with MMQueen, this is the verse that woke me up. Not to mention fervantly taking my request in prayer, to eliminate continual hunger. As of June, my prayers were answered. I look at food very differently. It is a source of energy for my body, more of a science. Not a source of enjoyment. My work out times, can be in the form of worship and even times of prayer depending on what I am doing. Give it all to God, for real, He will not disapoint you you. For how much he sacrificed for us, this is the least we can do, honour God with our Body!
    Be Blessed, Be encouraged.
  • sharpe76
    sharpe76 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It looks like it has been mentioned before, but when I am I working out or running and start to notice that I am dragging a little I start saying
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13)
    over and over.
  • wendyrvp
    wendyrvp Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for these inspiring messages.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    It would be great if the mods could move this to one of the Christian groups for us. There is a Catholic group, too, and several other Christian groups. This is great stuff, so I'd like to see it moved so it doesn't get deleted or cause any drama here.
  • FloridaJenn
    FloridaJenn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Isaiah 40:31
    "but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strengh. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

The Serenity Prayer
    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference."
  • strongershell
    Options
    bump
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You can also search for Christian groups at this site. I belong to a few of them. If you like I can message their names.

I would love to be able to join some of those groups. Mind messaging me? Thank you.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I like to read psalms and proverbs whilst warming up on the elliptical before my workout...
    So today is the 7th, I read Psalm 7, Psalm 37, 67, 97,127...today's date plus 30, plus 30, etc. 5 Psalms in all
    Then Proverbs 7. Tomorrow would be Proverbs 8, etc....just whatever today's date is.
    I look for rhemas while reading.
    It also keeps my eyes off the TVs
    And makes the warm-up time a spiritually energizing time.
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    bump
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I like this one and have it taped to my mirror

3 John 1:2 King James Version (KJV)

2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth
  • tcavener
    Options
    Awesome Awesome thread!! So much encouragement!! Praise God :))
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    God is GOOD :):flowerforyou:
  • RCS17
    RCS17 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1 Corinthians 10:13 (KJV) -- "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

That verse has helped me a lot, even through weight loss. Good luck!
  • davegruper
    davegruper Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great post. I will keep this for refernce.
This discussion has been closed.