To fellow MFP Christians out there

Options

Replies

• CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ummm... WHY AREN'T WE FRIENDS? lol

I totally agree with the nice person who posted about "MADE TO CRAVE", it is a most excellent book and I encourage others to read it as well. it is a nice place to start. Talk to others in your church family as well, find community around you in your daily life there and create a new social circle of people who a) seek Him in everything and b) support and encourage you as you do the same through your weight loss.

Whats that? You have a shortage of those people on hand? lol Congrats! Me too! lol So here I am! lol But seriously, I prayed and still do, to find those people, and God has been like a beacon of Light, bringing these kind of people to me. He will do the same for you. Just stay with it. He is good. he is faithful. He is never late.

I have some "power verses" I keep on hand and use A LOT! Write em on your mirrors, in your car, on your hand, whatever you need to do to remind yourself of these promises. They are truth in a world of subjective "facts". These are UNSHAKABLE FACTS.

1. YOU HAVE INCREDIBLE STRENGTH: COLOSSIANS 1:11-12
    2. GOD IS ON YOUR SIDE AND HAS PLANS FOR YOU TO SUCCEED: JEREMIAH 29:11
    3. YOU HAVE VALUE AND WERE BOUGHT AT A PRICE: 1 CORINTHIANS 6:20
    4. WE TRAIN OUR BODIES LIKE ATHLETES FOR A REASON: 1 CORINTHIANS 9:27
    5. YOU CAN DO THE IMPOSSIBLE: MATTHEW 17:20

That should help you get started! Use this as a time to really dig into your Bible and get reacquainted with His Word. God Loves YOU SOOO MUCH. He longs to communicate with you RIGHT NOW. He is watching you begin this and He desperately wants to be involved in every single moment of it. By reading and learning His promises, it is like reading a very personal letter from Your True Love to you, the One who knows you better than ANY human ever has or will. He is watching you go through this and He doesn't want you to do it alone. He is there. Learn His Words, Tuck them in your heart. They are promises of hope, of Love. They are keys to success not just in this, but in ALL endeavors.

Love you my precious, victorious, and BEAUTIFUL sister in Christ,
    Kimi
  • mnlght535
    Options
    Really inspirational scriptures. Thanks OP for posting and for all others who responded. What a great way to start the day :)
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    to read in a bit...
  • RobinShay
    RobinShay Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Can you please take this over to your own group.
    Not all of us find imaginary friends so appealing and can do things of our own volition.

You came here, looking for us, not the other way around.

Ahhh.. the mockers! We knew they were in the crowd somewhere! lol Hey guys! Guess what?! JESUS DIED FOR YOU, TOO! It's ok! He will take ya still! <3:flowerforyou:
  • mnlght535
    Options
    Ummm... WHY AREN'T WE FRIENDS? lol

I totally agree with the nice person who posted about "MADE TO CRAVE", it is a most excellent book and I encourage others to read it as well. it is a nice place to start. Talk to others in your church family as well, find community around you in your daily life there and create a new social circle of people who a) seek Him in everything and b) support and encourage you as you do the same through your weight loss.

Whats that? You have a shortage of those people on hand? lol Congrats! Me too! lol So here I am! lol But seriously, I prayed and still do, to find those people, and God has been like a beacon of Light, bringing these kind of people to me. He will do the same for you. Just stay with it. He is good. he is faithful. He is never late.

I have some "power verses" I keep on hand and use A LOT! Write em on your mirrors, in your car, on your hand, whatever you need to do to remind yourself of these promises. They are truth in a world of subjective "facts". These are UNSHAKABLE FACTS.

1. YOU HAVE INCREDIBLE STRENGTH: COLOSSIANS 1:11-12
    2. GOD IS ON YOUR SIDE AND HAS PLANS FOR YOU TO SUCCEED: JEREMIAH 29:11
    3. YOU HAVE VALUE AND WERE BOUGHT AT A PRICE: 1 CORINTHIANS 6:20
    4. WE TRAIN OUR BODIES LIKE ATHLETES FOR A REASON: 1 CORINTHIANS 9:27
    5. YOU CAN DO THE IMPOSSIBLE: MATTHEW 17:20

That should help you get started! Use this as a time to really dig into your Bible and get reacquainted with His Word. God Loves YOU SOOO MUCH. He longs to communicate with you RIGHT NOW. He is watching you begin this and He desperately wants to be involved in every single moment of it. By reading and learning His promises, it is like reading a very personal letter from Your True Love to you, the One who knows you better than ANY human ever has or will. He is watching you go through this and He doesn't want you to do it alone. He is there. Learn His Words, Tuck them in your heart. They are promises of hope, of Love. They are keys to success not just in this, but in ALL endeavors.

Love you my precious, victorious, and BEAUTIFUL sister in Christ,
    Kimi

Beautiful post. Thanks for the "power verses." I am going to do just as you suggested write them down and have them where I can see them regularly. Awesome. Thanks again :)
  • nc_moon_beam
    nc_moon_beam Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Philippians 4:13 ~ I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

On my own I can do nothing, with Christ, I can do ANYTHING.

Hebrews 11:24-26 ~ By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; CHOOSING RATHER TO SUFFER AFFLICTION with the people of God, THAN TO ENJOY THE PLEASURES OF SIN FOR A SEASON; ESTEEMING THE REPROACH of Christ GREATER RICHES THAN THE TREASURE in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

Moses, through faith, recognized that temporary pleasure gained from doing the wrong thing, could not measure up to the reward at the end of the longer, harder road. Doing the right thing is rarely the easy thing to do. Your body is going to tempt you to give in and give up. Don't do it. Keep fighting. Keep your eyes on the prize. NOTHING tastes as good as fit and healthy feels. Sure, you're going to experience moments of failure, as Moses did, but he never gave up. He kept doing what God had called him to do, and he gained an eternal reward for it. In this particular case, God has called you to start taking better care of the body He has given you. When you have a moment of failure, don't let it stop you. Get back up with God's help and keep fighting. Recently, I posted in my MFP newsfeed that I was in alot of pain from a recent workout. A friend commented that it's weakness leaving my body and that it (weakness) likes to make a grand exit. My response? Okay, weakness, go ahead and fight all you want because the struggle will only make me stronger. It's like strength training at the gym. Without resistance we never get stronger.

Thank you so much for posting that. It was just what God wanted me to hear today, so I praise Him for your obedience.
  • TexanThom
    Options
    Not all of us find imaginary friends so appealing and can do things of our own volition.

yes, but my thread about disliking Nickleback gets deleted because its not a thread everyone can take part in....how is this different?

I can't believe you are comparing nickleback to our Faith in Jesus Christ....
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Philippians 1:5Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God

This and a daily prayer asking for guidance, and a thankful heart for God helping me make it through one more day.
  • mrob04
    mrob04 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    :heart:

BUMP
  • lmunro5394
    lmunro5394 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Made To Crave is an AWESOME read!!! For many of us, our weight gain wasn't caused simply by eating a little too much here and there. A life of emotional eating lead us to gain that weight. Living to find our comfort in food instead of in Christ...
    My turning point came a few months ago when I realized that I needed to surrender my weight issues to Christ. I had to acknowledge that I was addicted to food just as someone is addicted to drugs or alcohol. When I did this. Things changed. It doesn't mean that it's been easy and there are no longer cravings, there still are, but they are few and far between. The biggest change is that instead of running to food when I'm emotional, I run to the Y to work out or simply take a walk!
    God is good and wants us to lean on Him in this battle!

So glad to find fellow Christians on here!
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    And bump, some good verses on here that I would never think of :)
  • LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • cwag_afw
    cwag_afw Posts: 45 Member
    Options

"The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure." - 1 Cor 10:13 (New Living Translation)

THIS!!

It was also the verse I used that help me quit smoking!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

yes, but my thread about disliking Nickleback gets deleted because its not a thread everyone can take part in....how is this different?

I am just saying if the rules state thread must be able to include everyone that goes for Jesus Christ as well.
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Jesus Christ, “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ ...your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options

I am just saying if the rules state thread must be able to include everyone that goes for Jesus Christ as well.

Jesus is for everyone...
  • theteaprincess
    Options
    I love this one:

"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. Ps18:32
  • mrskristymiller
    mrskristymiller Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Read Made to Crave and sign up for Dieter's Devotions :) Both of these are awesome and have helped me tremendously along my journey. :)
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    to help you with your journey.....
    "Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world....she took the midnight train going anywhere....." \m/
This discussion has been closed.