Options

Replies

• rekus73
    rekus73 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR THE LINK!!!!!! LOTS OF INFO TO ABSORB!....:happy:
  • maryjay51
    Options
    i never hardly ate breakfast unless i was out drinking and needed a big fattening sloppy breakfast at the end of the night... however my attitude changed and i eat breakfast every morning now.. a healthy one .. ive lost 80lbs so far
  • Need2bfit918
    Need2bfit918 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hungry or not - skipping breakfast and getting hunger cramps and dizziness from no food by lunch time means dealing with the hunger from breakfast with light snacks is better than not.
    Doesn't apply to this because the purpose of the article was to talk about why some people don't get hunger pains from no breakfast. In fact some people will have less hunger pains by eating no early breakfast meal.if you do get hunger pains and other symptoms by all means eat a healthy early morning breakfast. I'm not hungry in the mornings in fact a lot of times I won't eat until after lunch, while my wife usually needs breakfast. Their is not a right or wrong on this other than applying your bodily needs to others.

No - because the title is 'why the breakfast is the worst meal of the day', not 'why breakfast may make you hungrier'...
    If you read the thread the original poster has already apoligized for the title and admitted it wasn't good.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hungry or not - skipping breakfast and getting hunger cramps and dizziness from no food by lunch time means dealing with the hunger from breakfast with light snacks is better than not.

Again, everyone is different and not everyone experiences hunger cramps or dizziness from skipping breakfast. My breakfast is almost always delayed du to running children to school. I don't eat till I get to work. By then, I've been up for at least a couple of hours and often have even run three miles.

People's bodies all react differently to different situations. :smile:
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    All month I've been eating breakfast usually oatmeal within 45 mins of waking up and a mid morning snack a banana and not feeling too hungry.

The article did talk about the difference in more fit bodies eating right away in the morning and less fit people doing the same. I actually feel more fit now and it's funny that today is the day I was STARVING when it came time for my snack and now I'm dying for noon to hit so I can eat. Perfect timing on this thread!

Before I started this new eating plan I always waited until about 9am to eat my breakfast and I wasn't hungry until around 1 usually. So I don't think this is about skipping a whole meal it's about when I eat it in realtion to when I wake up. If I eat within say 30 minutes of dragging myself out of bed I get hungry soner if I wait about 2 hours or more I don't get as hungry throughout the day.

So it may not be for everyone but I think for me waiting until I get to work to have my breakfast is perfectly fine and I'm going to go back to that. Besides it's saves me some time in the morning. =)
  • ebonie101
    ebonie101 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    while this might work for alot of people it dont work for me. if i dont eat a nice breakfast which usually last me til mid day then i will over eat later on...just how my body is. and some diabetic people posting saying They have to eat a meal when they wake up. so breakfast is not the worst meal of the day just not an option for some :) good reading though. thanks learned something new
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    when i was 170lbs i never ate breakfast, never ate until noon. now at 120lbs i eat hearty every morning, and add a snack before lunch. maybe it works for others but it's not been the case for me.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. Not having breakfast helped me. Having a long fasting period between dinner and breakfast helps with weight loss, helps you eat less, and your body creates HGH which gives you many benefits. Even better, get your gym time in before breakfast.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    you could give me a mountain of scientific research telling me how terrible breakfast is for you and i will still have my bacon egg and cheese sandwich every morning :)
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    so basically the next time we see a post that asks the question should I eat or skip breakfast before anyone gives the do or die answer we need to ask the simple question - are you hungry at that time?

Definitely not knocking the article or the OP for helping, my main reason to be on MFP is to read as many resources I can and make the best decision for myself.

I really dont understand the whole cortisol and insulin surges through the body when it spikes when it doesnt and it doesnt matter how many articles I read they dont give me any sepcific information for my body.
  • jkrobertson1998
    jkrobertson1998 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It sounds like the eat stop eat plan, which is intermidate fasting. It all depends on your fitness goals.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    It sounds like the eat stop eat plan, which is intermidate fasting. It all depends on your fitness goals.

Intermittent Fasting*? Lean gains is also a form of IF.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Whoops, double post ;)
  • amyserf
    Options
    I totally agree with this!!!!! When I eat breakfast whether it is something small or the works, I always end up being hungrier and consuming more calories throughout the day!!!!!!
  • sayavel
    Options
    To me my breakfast is the first thing of the day for me...whether apple with toasted wheat bread, or bowl of life cereal, or eggs and toast. Now it is Dannon Lite & Fit Strawberry Greek Yogart with 2 Tbsp. of Milled Golden Flaxseed with a glass of milk. Fills me up till after exercising and then have lunch between mid morning or early afternoon.
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    http://www.leangains.com/2012/06/why-does-breakfast-make-me-hungry.html

Even this morning, I saw a another post saying that eating breakfast is almost mandatory for a healthy weight loss plan.

Before you tell someone this again, please read the above link. It is a lot of information to absorb, but well worth your time.

If you still want to have breakfast, go ahead, it wont hurt you, but not having breakfast just might help you reach your goals.

Eating eggs, fruit, and veggies is ideal for breakfast. But breakfast is now starch laden with cereals, waffles, pancakes, and bagels as it's front runners. Go back to eating eggs, fruit, veggies, meat, and sugar-free milk or milk substitutes and you will be happy until lunch.

EDIT: I've only recently added "cereal" to my diet and I have noticed that I do NOT stay full as long as I did when I was on a 100% grain-free diet.
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the article because I think it will make little difference in my eating habits. I've never eaten breakfast. This goes back to when I was a kid. Food just isn't appetizing to me in the early part of the day, and I never feel hungry when I wake up. I used to grab an apple on my way out the door and eat it on the way to work, but I found myself getting hungry well before lunch as a result.

One thing I think that helps me with my diet plan is the fact that I don't eat breakfast. The uneaten calories from breakfast allows me to eat a more satisfying lunch and dinner.
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    http://www.leangains.com/2012/06/why-does-breakfast-make-me-hungry.html

Even this morning, I saw a another post saying that eating breakfast is almost mandatory for a healthy weight loss plan.

Before you tell someone this again, please read the above link. It is a lot of information to absorb, but well worth your time.

If you still want to have breakfast, go ahead, it wont hurt you, but not having breakfast just might help you reach your goals.

Eating eggs, fruit, and veggies is ideal for breakfast. But breakfast is now starch laden with cereals, waffles, pancakes, and bagels as it's front runners. Go back to eating eggs, fruit, veggies, meat, and sugar-free milk or milk substitutes and you will be happy until lunch.

EDIT: I've only recently added "cereal" to my diet and I have noticed that I do NOT stay full as long as I did when I was on a 100% grain-free diet.

Try Fiber One cereals. The fiber content will keep you full and they aren't bad tasting at all. I'll eat it dry when I'm down to 150 calories left but still hungry.
  • overfences
    overfences Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Nearly every study of people who have lost weight and kept it off finds that the majority of them eat breakfast.

Correlation does not equal causation.
  • Danayle
    Danayle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I feel like I'm going to pass out if I don't eat breakfast.