TOPIC: Opinion on Gay marriage?

Options

Replies

• DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Why this is even a debate, I'll never understand. Let people live their lives however they wish and let's focus on society's real problems.

The fact that people go hungry in North America and may not have access to basics such as health care are way bigger issues and deserve more time and energy.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    The fact that it's even still an issue is fascinating to me. It's 2012!

Remember the people who said it mixed-race marriages were a "sin"? They were on the wrong side of the issue then, too, and time will tell that people who oppose others' right to pursue their own brand of victimless happiness are just as wrong as ever.

P.S.: There is no such thing as sin anyway. Humans love to make **** up.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I have an issue with marriage, regardless of parties involved. It's an outdated and archaic not to mention unnecessary social oddity. Down with marriage, we should ban it all together.

I have been kind of leaning this way too. Why even use the word in the first place. I'm married to the same man for over 26 years now and we are more roommates than anything else..that piece of paper didn't really mean crap for us. Now we are staying together because neither of us want to spend the money on a divorce. Aren't we the poster people for the success of a straight marriage .. NOT :)
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Am I still on myfitnesspal??
    ^^^ THIS.. btw don't care. I don't judge.
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    No reason to be against it. Equal rights for everyone right?

The only reason I ever see someone say they are against it is for religious reasons, which is stupid. If your religion says don't get a gay marriage, then don't get one. But the ones who try to stop others? It'd be like a Jewish person trying to ban others from eating pork, its ridiculous.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    This topic is going to be so old once we start debating android marriage both to humans and to eachother.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    For it. Don't understand why people want to stop other people from loving, being happy, and being able to visit each other in the hospital and all of that. People take marriage for granted. It should be a choice people can make if they want to get married. There are a lot of truly horrible things in this world. Adults falling in love and getting married is not one of them. And it's already legal, here, in Canada.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    People should be able to love whom they love and express that love in marriage regardless of race or gender.
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Here...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/wellness/story/2012-07-24/sally-ride-sexuality/56467620/1

Sally Ride, although married to a man for 5 years, spent the remainder of her life with her lifelong partner Tam...a woman. I don't believe they were actually married (I could be wrong, I didn't research that much into it so please forgive me if I am) but it seems that this "non-traditional" relationship worked out well for her.

My BFF is gay and I don't give 2 effing rips. She's been married and divorced from a same sex marriage. It works and it sometimes doesn't. I'm all for it. What gives me the right to say gay marriage is wrong? Not a darn thing, that's what.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm for it, and I consider myself a Christian.

People who say it ruins the constitution of marriage or whatever are stupid. A person can be married by an Elvis impersonator to someone they hardly know in Vegas but we won't let two people who are in a long term committed relationship marry just because of what is between their legs? Ridiculous.
  • trudyblender
    trudyblender Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is such a supportive group! So many people are for gay marriage. Love it! No idea why this is a post on fitnesspal, but whatever. Haha.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    In australia they can be judged as a couple under welfare and family assistance rights by the same government who denied them the privilege of having a lawful marriage.
    They can have the same things in the eyes of the law EXCEPT a piece of paper that legally binds them. Hmmmm....

I support gay marriage. Actively.
    I believe that legal marriage and the church/religion are different however support those who chose to include their religion in the act of marriage. In saying that, having a religious ceremony in your marriage does not make it any more or less legal (in my country anyway) but I support the churches and religious sects who chose not to marry a gay couple.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I'm for it, and I consider myself a Christian.

People who say it ruins the constitution of marriage or whatever are stupid. A person can be married by an Elvis impersonator to someone they hardly know in Vegas but we won't let two people who are in a long term committed relationship marry just because of what is between their legs? Ridiculous.

completely agree like all these celebrities that marry and divorce after 55 hours like britney spears. like was said before and i always said it too, everybody has the right to be miserable:laugh:
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Also I lived in San Francisco, CA when gay marriage was briefly legal and the first gay couple to be married were Del Martin and Phyllis Lyon who had been together for 50 years. They had to wait till 2008 to be able to express that commitment through marriage and sadly Del Martin died two months later. How many couples even stay together for 50 years these days?

This couple obviously had boundless love for each other. In an age where heterosexual celebrities have 72 day marriages, why the hell was this couple denied that right for so long?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I'm for it.
  • ashtynplatt
    Options
    People can do what they want.. no judgement from me!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    are you surprised that people are against the idea of interracial relationshiops, or are you surprised that people actually SAID they were against the idea? Will you be surprised if people say they are against gay marriage?

You seem like you might be surprised by a lot of things in life. You must be very young.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I think there's too much heat on this subject. If two people are happy and in love, who gives a crap if they're two men or two women. The people who get ticked off are probably just jealous because they'll never have what the two in love do.
  • andie2013
    Options
    I'm for it. But for those who aren't, just don't marry someone of the same gender. Live and let live... simple stuff
This discussion has been closed.