Funny things you notice as you lose weight

Options
I can fit in a restaurant booth now.

I can stand up and walk right away without stabilizing myself.

My chair only yells ouch now, it use to yell for the love of , get out get out.

People you know pay more attention to you, like you figured out the world was round.

My favorite is, you didn't do this by hard work, whats your secret.

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FUNNY MOMENTS?

Replies

• AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    One big one for me is seat belts. If I was in the back seat I could almost NEVER fit a seat belt around me. In some older cars I couldn't in the front either! My sister-in-law's van was one example and when I went for a ride in it this week it fit comfortably! That was a great feeling.
  • victoriadw84
    victoriadw84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Specific body part aches and pains. It would be generally in my legs or back. Its nice not to be thinking ouch ouch ouch when you get up to do anything lol.

When you sink in a comfy couch and you try to get up, usually I would be stuck or have to really struggle to get out. Now its a quick sway back and push forward and up you get lol.

After a shower and wrapping a towel around yourself. I noticed how much it finally covers up everything and not having to almost use a pin just to keep it shut lol.
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    Bought a pair of pants for work the other day. Took a look at the waist and decided to buy them without trying them on because, you know, "I'll fit into them eventually!"

Well I slacked off on laundry today and remembered the pants still sitting in a bag in the kitchen and thought, why not try them? So I slid em on up and, without huffing or puffing or sucking in or seeking any sort of otherwordly assistance, I fit into them! They fit comfortably and even have some wiggle room!

Just wish the pants could be pulled up a little higher so that stomach roll above my belly button wouldn't show. I don't really own any 'low ride' pants.
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    I can drive my car without the steering wheel rubbing my stomach and I can sit in the driver seat and pick stuff up out of my floorboard
    :)
  • ben2fresh
    Options
    So I just started to lose weight a couple months ago. I wasnt even fitting inside my bigest pants that I had just bought at the time (size 36's). 2 months later, my 36's are starting to be a bit loose to the point where my pants bunch up (a little) when I put on the belt. Cant wait to be back in my 32's.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I crossed my legs today!! :happy:
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    For some reason, one leg was harder to put in pants than the other...I had to balance just right and lift toe ever so slightly off floor. Just realized the other day that I no longer had this problem...not sure when that became easier and I just hadn't noticed.

I can really cross my legs well now and even twist them together!

Didn't have an arthritic attack this winter. Not funny but wasn't funny either when I got them.

I can squish in between our parked car in garage and the wall now. Comes in handy if you are chasing kids around!
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My toes are even smaller...lol the funny part is, someone else noticed that too!
  • chanson104
    Options
    I cannot seem to keep a napkin on my lap. That tummy was awful handy for tucking a napkin under while I was eating.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Being able to paint my own toenails without having to hold my breath for each toe.
    Fitting into my truck behind my 20 year old who drove it and pulled the seat forward.
    My clothes being way to big and refusing to buy new ones yet.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    Options
    Even my smaller bath towels wrap all the way around me. Nobody looks a little sick when they see me running in my tight running clothes (other than me lol). My clothes keep growing...thank goodness I still have a lot of my pre-chunka munka clothes!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    My chair only yells ouch now, it use to yell for the love of , get out get out.

Omg I'm still laughing...that was funny
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I say that my *ss used to need it's own zip code..now it only needs it's own area code. I'm getting there!
  • gkershner
    Options
    Going to a water park and fitting into the inner tube on the lazy river.
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    People who never gave me the time of day think I'm their best friend!
  • Windy32
    Options
    Looking down and not seeing my belly, since it use to stick out farther than my DD's.
  • lillauraseymour
    lillauraseymour Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I also noticed the towel thing!! & also when I lean on the couch in a certain position my ribs rub against the arm of the chair, never felt that before!! Old clothes fitting again yay!
  • cybelenoire
    cybelenoire Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Not having to buy wide width shoes anymore.

Fitting comfortably into an airplane seat and not needing the extender on the belt.

Able to zip a hoodie that I bought at a rock concert that I couldn't fit into when I bought it.

Typing at work and my rings keep sliding around my fingers because they're too loose.

And my favorite:

Teaching belly rolls in my belly dance class and for the first time in four years of dancing I can actually SEE the roll.
  • I had to break into my house because I locked myself out and I was able to fit into the window...thankfully the neighbors didn't call the cops!!
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I had to break into my house because I locked myself out and I was able to fit into the window...thankfully the neighbors didn't call the cops!!

:laugh: Winner!