I hope that works out for you.
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Salt addict open diary loser here. :flowerforyou:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I have not had any issues yet, but my diary can only be seen by MFP friends - all of whom have similar weight loss goals as myself. Any of us with a lot to lose know that the best way to derail ourselves is to be so unrealistically restrictive that we can't maintain changes over the long haul. I don't even think about my sodium intake. My blood pressure is fantastic (thank you exercise) and any water weight it causes is just temporary, and when you have as much weight to lose as I do it seems silly to fret over. I like my sweet coffee. I get small ones and don't eat as many sweets as I used to, so that's good enough.

It's all about the big picture. Sorry you were hassled over the small stuff.
  • Denlom
    Denlom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I too have left my diary closed bcause I did not want peple telliing me everything I am doing wrong. Good luck in your journey.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Loved your story.

I closed mine for the same reason. Had someone try and tell me how to eat. I think those people need to worry about themselves and not what others do.
  • paulvt65
    paulvt65 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When I grow up, I want to be just like you.
  • Serenabooks
    Serenabooks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Way to go Scott!
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to do what works best for them personally. Watching fat/sugar/salt or carbs may be someone else's solution. Your terrific weight loss is proof that you know what works for you! Congrats and good luck on the continuing journey. BTW I don't watch salt either. I'm at my goal weight and I have low blood pressure so I am fine with that.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Congrats on the loss!
  • SuziQueue
    SuziQueue Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi Scott. I am located in Austin, Texas, as well. Should you ever need a walking/exercise/activity buddy, let me know! Congratulations on all of your amazing successes, and most importantly the ones that focus on your well being and the well being of your relationships. Bravo!

Suzi Queue
  • Julietecosse
    Options
    I really enjoyed reading your story, and want to wish you continued success in doing what you know works for you.
  • PJP19
    PJP19 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I was captivated with every word and whole heartedly support your choice...

Now....I must find out how many sticks of butter I have lost....I never realized that was a measure of success...but now I must have it! hahahaha :o)

JOLLY GOOD FOR YOU!!!

PJ
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I was captivated with every word and whole heartedly support your choice...

Now....I must find out how many sticks of butter I have lost....I never realized that was a measure of success...but now I must have it! hahahaha :o)

JOLLY GOOD FOR YOU!!!

PJ

192!!! Congratulations, and great success!
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. So glad you found MFP and are making this change. Do what works for YOU!
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It's unfortunate that you felt that you had to explain yourself on how much sugar/salt you intake on a site that is here to support and encourage people. I think the fact that you are trying to eat healthier, are more aware of what you use to fuel your body and have lost weight are the key factors. Great Job!!

Good luck to you on your weight loss journey!!!

This. We are all adults here and I have faith in my friends that when they eat a taboo food they know darned well it is high in sodium or sugar. I have the same kinds of food occasionally myself. This is lifestyle change not a race to diet perfection. Seriously if I had to live my life like that I would chuck the dieting out the window! Congratulations on your weight loss and choosing your family:-) We are going through the same change. Hubbys job was literally killing him.
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You know what? We are suppose to be Fitness Pals, not doctors but pals that encourage. Everyone is different. Different to the fact that different things work for each of us. This is not a race, take you time and do what works for you. :flowerforyou:

Congratulations also on you career success!!!
  • KittenKittyKitteh
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I always love your posts! Do what works for you, ignore the "constructive" criticism. People always mean well but they're not you, and only you know what's best for yourself. I'm just glad you're still here. Open food journal or not, I love seeing that you've completed it for the day. Great job on your accomplishments.

I return to my Subway sandwich. hehe.
  • AVinmill
    AVinmill Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I get your point and you seem to have a great plan to start with the small sacrifices and then worry about weening off the sugars/sodium later. You have to do what is sustainable for you and whatever keeps you logging is great.

That being said it is clear you are a lawyer. You like to brag about yourself and your career and unless I missed something it seems to have absolutely nothing to do with weight loss. haha just an observation.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    like many others didn't think I would read the whole thing but glad I did. You are the priority of this website from your point of view, and that is the case from everyone on here. Glad you are doing what is good for you sir, and keep at it. And I do appreciate the story of your life that helps give a lot of us young folks hope, and that it's not always about the money :)
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    :tongue: You must do what works for you or nothing with work in the long term!!! Don't worry about what others think just do it!!! Good luck on your journey!!