40 lbs gone but very little difference :/

Options

Replies

• bluedecor
    Options
    You do look more shapely. Hang in there. Are you weight training? That will help you get the shape you want.
  • mommy2kynnedy
    mommy2kynnedy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Dont be discouraged! I can see definate results especially around the waist and stomach area. We are in the same boat...I started at 256, I am at 230 now and I feel like I dont see change either...but ppl keep telling me randomly I have lost weight or look smaller, also many of my super tight clothes are fitting looser. Feel free to message me anytime, I will send you a friend request. I get discouraged as I had a baby in April 2011 and gained after versus lost. I lost maybe 20 lbs but over the last year I have gained 30 back so I was just at my highest weight at 256. I even looked back at my weight tracking and this same day last year I was at the exact same weight. Even though I lost and regained and lost again. Others can always see results faster than you can, especially since we look at ourselves every single day. Keep up the good work.
  • Cheryl_66
    Cheryl_66 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I totally see the difference. What do your clothes feel like? Keep goin
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You really are doing GREAT!! I can really see your progress in your abdomen and arms! Keep it up, Girlie! :)
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have been overweight ever since I can remember. Always the chubby one with the booda belly I had just lost hope in ever changing because i thought I never could. I have just recently got married to an incredible man who is a whopping 115 lbs! I more than doubled his size at 260! I have finally reached a point where I am mentally happy with my life and i just need the outside of me to match the happy, beautiful inside so I started MFP about 4 months ago and I am here now just about 40lbs light giver or take but the difference seems to be very little. Which as you can imagine will bring down someone who wants a change after working so hard for it.

4 months ago (embarassing!)
    250lbs-1.jpg

Now (not much difference) :(
    220lbs-1.jpg

I can see a major difference in the waist! Wow! Great job!
  • viad25720
    viad25720 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I see a difference, but like me (we started close to same so don't take this the wrong way) I think we have to get into one-derland to really see for ourselves. I went from 250 to 190 a few yrs ago, and once I got under 200 my tummy seemed to flatten out almost, and you could just see it everywhere. Its not like being 170 and losing 40- you have to think of it in relation to %-thats 23.5 % of a loss. For you and I to have same loss % we would need to lose (from 250 lbs) 58.75 lbs! It's all relative. The good news is, don't fret you will get there. I'd love to stomp the clock sometimes, I feel it's my only obsticle. But I just hit 4 weeks today and am down a total of 13 lbs, and I feel the difference and see it a bit. So on-ward much! :-)
  • doriaj01
    doriaj01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    a huge change!! BE EXCITED!!
  • robbielagard
    robbielagard Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You may not see it but I bet everyone around you does, I feel the same way. I have lost 26 lbs and I dont see it, but I feel it when I put my clothes on. Your pics proves it. You have done a fantastic job. You have gone too far to turn around now. Stay on the path to good health:flowerforyou:
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Well I sure see a difference. Maybe you are just so used to seeing yourself that its just not that much of an impact on your own mind anymore. Keep up the good work!
  • Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your lifestyle change. 40 pounds in 4 months is great. I can see the results. Trust me the more you loss the better you will feel. Keep up the good work.
  • draftyaspen
    Options
    you look amazing!!!
  • BuckwheatsMomma
    BuckwheatsMomma Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Looks like there is a BIG difference!

Keep up the great work!
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    There is a serious difference. I think we are all are our worst critics. You are doing great. Keep up the good work.
  • king8747
    king8747 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You Go Girl bringing Sexy Back!!! Nice
  • Fabulousflow
    Options
    There's actually quite a bit difference, especially in your arms and stomach! You're doing great, keep it up! :)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I can certainly tell you have lost weight! We are about the same start weight and current weight. I have added you.
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I can see a big difference, especially in your tummy area, well done!

We are sometimes our own worst critics, so don't believe everything your mind tells you!
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Your waist is much smaller, and so is your stomach. Your back has a slimmer profile also. Definately can see a big difference.

You just lost 40 lbs!!!!! Don't be discouraged, celebrate your success and keep it going!

Pick up some weights and weight train, you'll really see inches come off.

You are doing so great!
  • SharkyFandango
    Options
    That is a huge difference ! wow, well done!!
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    First of all WOW !!! There is a really big difference !!! CONGRATS ON THE 40 lb loss and secondly, I think you are so AWESOME for putting those pics up !!! Takes a very healthy attitude toward your self esteem to do that !!! You are AAAAAAH-MAZING !!! Don't give up !!! You are on your way !!! ❤
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!