Why I closed my diary.

Options
14567810»

Replies

• jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    If you have over 200 friends there is more chance of negative comments. My advice would be less friends. Also easier to manage.

Have to agree. I try to keep a low friend count (around 30) so that I can be supportive. I gain so much from reading other folk's diaries....get great ideas for myself. You need to do what is best for you. I find that it helps keep me be accountable, having an open diary to my friends. Many friends have also thanked me because they get ideas from my diary and see how I have successfully lost 84 pounds to-date.
  • KeriW626
    Options
    makes total sense to me. Good luck and best wishes.
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Your story is incredible. My dad is an attorney and had some similar experiences as yourself - though not as drastic. I was just a baby when it all happened but I hear about it from time to time and wow, this story is really.. swell. I'm not sure how else to describe it. But good luck in your endeavors, I know you know what's best for you, more than anyone else on this site! Best wishes to you, sir.
  • ShanteA13
    ShanteA13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I loved reading your story and this is exactly why my diary is closed. There are many days where I do eat too much sodium, sugar or carbs, but I know that this is a lifestyle change. I need to do what works for me and you need to do what works for you. Good luck on your weight loss journey!!! I have a feeling you will be very successful!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    that was really long

But well written and formatted, and I'm glad I read every word.
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for sharing your lovely inspiring story. As someone currently struggling through the hell of a degree its helpful to know there is light (and a life) at the end of the tunnel. I keep my diary private for much of the same reasons, also it makes me a little creeped out having people scrutinise my every mouthful. You're doing an amazing job so far well done and good luck xx
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    that was really long

UNecessarily rude. Why take the time to post something like this? If you take 5 minutes to read a heartfelt post then don't....move on to another thread.

i don't think that was rude at all. it WAS long. you people need to relax.

It's a good story. I clicked on the title "why i closed my diary" and it just took a really long time to get to the one sentence about why he closed his diary. i've almost closed my diary, so i really wanted to know.

maybe should post the story under success stories to inspire others and congratulations on turning your life around
  • nsdjogger
    Options
    I TOTALLY get this and it pretty much echos my reasons for keeping my diary private.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Awesome post thank you so much for sharing!
  • mystikfairy61
    mystikfairy61 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing story of where you are and how you got there. I agree, do what works for you. I do the same thing. I may not eat what I am supposed to eat (according to others), but I eat what works for me. I am diabetic and had almost 100 pounds to lose. I am not a sodium lover, but I do love my Taco Bell. Breads are also a biggie for me. But I do my best to try to stay where I need to be and am also trying to exercise (something I didnt do before MFP). Hats off to you for keeping your goal in mind and working things as best you can to keep losing. I also keep my diary closed.
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have kept my diary closed from the beginning, even though some people are really offended by it. I'm doing this for me - not for anyone else. What I choose to put in my mouth is my choice, and I do not need anybody to comment on how I should pay more attention to my macros or something of that sort. My body is holding me accountable for what I do, so why should I bother explaining myself to others?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    This is a good post. You could always talk to or defriend the people that harp on you so much :P But really, it is ultimately your choice.

If anything, this is an inspiring topic to me because I've been dealing with a "young life" crisis of going to law school or not, and your exact story is the one I've heard so many times, I'm realizing it's not worth it in my grand scheme. I'd love to change the world... but I want to be able to have and see my kids grow up, too :P
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    wow as a 23 yr old trying to lose just over 100lb I cant tell you how inspirational that post was!
  • smithntuck
    smithntuck Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Am SOOOOO with you on this! I choose beef jerkey over cupcakes and end up feeling like a failure because of the sodium? No way! My blood pressure is so much better than it use to be, when my decisions on this were reversed, so I feel like I'm doing the right thing for myself, and you are too! I'm down 100 lbs, so I must be doing something right. I stick veggies and lean meats in there, too, but if my indulgences are the occasional low carb ice cream, with no real nutritional value, but better than the alternative, then I'm winning my battle!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    bump to read later!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have kept my diary closed from the beginning, even though some people are really offended by it. I'm doing this for me - not for anyone else. What I choose to put in my mouth is my choice, and I do not need anybody to comment on how I should pay more attention to my macros or something of that sort. My body is holding me accountable for what I do, so why should I bother explaining myself to others?
    :heart:
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    That was a fantastic read, sir! And I share similar reasons as you as to why I also do not share my diary.