What are you reading?

Options

Replies

• Boppinbird
    Options
    Game of Thrones Book 5 "A Dance with Dragons"

and um... Harry Potter book Order of the Phoenix (shhh) MY oldest son and I are doing that together.

Nothing wrong with the Harry Potter Series. I love them and was thinking of reading them again soon. I can't wait for my son to be old enough for me to read them to him.

A colleague of mine has read them a billion times and another colleague of mine would love to live in Harry Potter land.

BTW - I'm currently reading The Black Dagger Brotherhood series.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I just finished Lamb by Christopher Moore. Highly Recommended

I am now rereading all of the Dresden Files books as the next one comes out in November and there are a LOT to reread. I may not get that far in time.
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The Lies of Locke Lamora! (by scott lynch)

honestly one of the funniest and most intriguing things I've ever read.
  • PancakesAreEvil
    Options
    The Book Thief. My feels. :(
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Cutting for Stone.
  • mingecrackers
    Options
    'Watchmen' by Alan Moore
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'm on A Dance with Dragons
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    The Ghosts of Varner Creek...just started it, I haven't formed an opinion yet...
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    No Easy Day by Mark Owen
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Just finished Wilderness in the Dark by Kris Bock, excellent book! Just started Volumetrics: Feel full on fewer calories by Dr. Barbara Rolls
  • Sovraya
    Options
    Just finished re-reading the whole A Song of Ice and Fire series (The Game of Thrones series). I also just ordered the final installment of Wheel of Time series as a gift to myself for my weight loss and will read it in January when it comes out. And, though you all may laugh, I am reading Tides of War, a World of Warcraft novel. I love the lore and stories in the game. After this I have a stack by my bed to read.

Mona Lisa Overdrive
    Hyperion
    The Name of the Wind
    The Once and Future King

Just read The Kingkiller chronicle; The Name of the Wind & The Wise Man's Fear. Highly recommend them! (the last WoT book does sound like a really good reward if the weight loss goes as planned!)

Next book on the list is The Crippled God from Malazan Book of the Fallen series :)
  • delta90017
    Options
    A well written soap opera . . . Anna Karenina by Tolstoy.
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading: Game of Thrones (first book), Run Fast: Beat Your Best Time Every Time, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Running Injury Free and Julius Cesar. Whew! :laugh:
  • NemoDog
    Options
    I'm currently on book 2 of Janet Evanovich's numberred series (18 books)
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    A Dogs Purpose! Very cute.
  • QueenCaldwell1
    Options
    Finishing the last chapter of "Revolution in world missions" and still working on "Bonhoeffer". Over half way through with Beth Moores Book of Daniel bible study.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I usually read Y.A since this is the age group I teach but right now I am reading The Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella. I know...totally brain mush-er but I need something relaxing after the long days! :)

Love this author. I am reading everything by Emily Giffin.
  • jenna_scott
    jenna_scott Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sums it up. What book is everyone currently reading?

For me it is Jo Nesbo's latest Harry Hole book, Phantom. Halfway through and loving it!

What I just finished: rereading George RR Martin's Game of Thrones (first book in A Song of Ice and Fire).

Great seris! I am reading the 4th book A feast for Crows and loving it.

Just finsished the 50 Shaes trology. My husband enjoyed it LOL!
  • SueCBrannon
    SueCBrannon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The Book of Psalms (NIV)
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My favorite books of all time:

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
    The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
    Bless Me, Ultima by Rodolfo Anaya
    The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri

If you liked any of those and have others to recommend, I'm dying for a new good book. My 13yo son has me reading a bunch of post-apocalyptic YA novels (Hunger Games, Maze Runner, etc), and I'm ready for something else ;-)