All things PUMPKIN

Options

Replies

• MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Add pumpkin and cinnamon to pancake mix....yum pumpkin pancakes!
    My fav!!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin and sage belgian waffles with cream cheese stuffed and graham cracker crusted chicken and a maple and chile reduction

20120907_184442.jpg
    20120907_185000.jpg
  • drlauram
    drlauram Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    LOVE PUMPKIN!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin and sage belgian waffles with cream cheese stuffed and graham cracker crusted chicken and a maple and chile reduction

20120907_184442.jpg
    20120907_185000.jpg

I'm not sure if that looks amazing or disgusting. I want to try it anyway.
  • JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Limeynana
    Options
    how many cals???
  • ksutte
    ksutte Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it is on here yet, but our favorite is Pumpkin burgers, no meat included !! Off Eatingwell.com

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/southwestern_pumpkin_burgers.html

6 servings

Active Time: 1 hour

Total Time: 1 hour
    Nutrition Profile
    Diabetes appropriate | Low calorie | Low cholesterol | Healthy weight | High calcium | High fiber |

View Our Nutrition Guidelines » Ingredients
    6 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1/2 cup finely chopped red or green bell pepper
    1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    Tomato Salsa, optional (recipe follows)
    1/2 cup canned unseasoned pumpkin puree
    1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack, or Cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
    1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    Freshly ground pepper, to taste
    6 8-inch flour tortillas, (soft-taco size)
    2 cups shredded lettuce

Preparation
    1.Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in bell pepper, corn, garlic, chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a large bowl; let cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
    2.Meanwhile, prepare Tomato Salsa, if using.
    3.Add pumpkin, cheese, wheat germ, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper to the onion mixture; mix well. With dampened hands, form the vegetable mixture into six 1/2-inch-thick patties, using about 1/2 cup for each.
    4.Preheat oven to 325°F. Stack tortillas and wrap in aluminum foil. Place in the oven for about 15 minutes to heat through. (Alternatively, stack tortillas between two damp paper towels; microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds, or until heated through.)
    5.Using 2 teaspoons oil per batch, cook 2 to 4 patties at a time in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned and heated through, about 4 minutes per side. Adjust heat as necessary for even browning. Wrap the patties in tortillas and serve immediately, garnished with lettuce and Fresh Tomato Salsa, if desired.

Tips & Notes
    Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 3. Wrap patties individually and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before cooking.

NutritionPer serving: 331 calories; 13 g fat ( 4 g sat , 7 g mono ); 8 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 12 g protein; 6 g fiber; 638 mg sodium; 407 mg potassium.

Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (100% daily value), Vitamin C (45% dv), Folate 34% dv), Selenium (30% dv), Calcium & Iron (20% dv), Magnesium & Zinc (16% dv).

Carbohydrate Servings: 3

Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 high-fat meat, 1 fat
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

20120907_184442.jpg
    20120907_185000.jpg

I think I may cream my pants.
  • Limeynana
    Options
    This sounds wonderful...do you use canned pumpkin..... can you send me the recipe please as I would love to try it! Many thanks~
  • stephiekay02
    stephiekay02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Pumpkin ice cream? I think Edy's brand... It's AMAZING!!!
    I've been loving Eggo's seasonal pumpkin waffles lately... 100 calories each.

Say what?! ^ This exists? I have to find these in our area. I also did not know Hersey's made pumpkin Kisses but I saw them on Pinterest so I must find those as well. I absolutely LOVE almost everything pumpkin. Culver's pumpkin shakes are to die for. (none of which, I do realize, are very dietetic...lol)
    [/quote]
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sweetiebrittie
    sweetiebrittie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like Pumpkin/Sweet potato mash, you can make it sweet or savory
    and pumpkin pie with a coconut pecan crust. I used this recipe http://www.namelymarly.com/2010/11/pumpkin-pie-with-a-twist/
  • gina1971
    gina1971 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Pumpkin ice cream? I think Edy's brand... It's AMAZING!!!
    I've been loving Eggo's seasonal pumpkin waffles lately... 100 calories each.

Say what?! ^ This exists? I have to find these in our area. I also did not know Hersey's made pumpkin Kisses but I saw them on Pinterest so I must find those as well. I absolutely LOVE almost everything pumpkin. Culver's pumpkin shakes are to die for. (none of which, I do realize, are very dietetic...lol)
    [/quote]

Target in my area carries the pumpkin kisses. I only ever see them in the fall and they sell out quickly (at least around here) so get them while you can. They are wonderful!

I have yet to find the Pumpkin Eggos, so if someone comes across them, let us know where!!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Add some canned pumpkin to your wholegrain pancakes with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg. Great with a drizzle of maple syrup.

This sounds so yummy! I bet I can get the kids to eat the whole grain pancakes this way!!
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    So many great ideas! Love the idea of the pumpkin muffins with sugar free cake, and oh my the pumpkin fluff may be my next try! I have copied so many others as well. Thanks to all who gave suggestions. Just love the fall!!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

20120907_184442.jpg
    20120907_185000.jpg

I need this.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • JenNuma
    JenNuma Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    These all sound wonderful....Love Pumpkin!!!
  • katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump!