Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    been back on track for 3 days....so far so good. Tuesday goal- to stop being so lazy and get out of bed at a reasonable time. I am off work on disability and with my son, DIL and grandson now gone I have absolutely nothing that HAS to be done so i just don't get up....even when i would really like to. Just don't seem to have any motivation. Would like to get back to getting up at 6 am...
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals: Been a little off with my daughter in the hospital. She is home now and getting over the little critters. Need to get back with it. I will.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    @christine. You're a rock star to be able to do all those individual responses. Thank you!! The pork was yummy and very low-cal and filling. I would definitely make it again very soon.

Tuesday Goal: Nothing is changing for me. I'm right on track with my eating and exercise. Just waking up tomorrow (God willing) and doing it all over again.

Tomorrow is Hump Day - Woo Hoo!!!!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @angelika--YES!! Shunning is the only thing that works with Gunner too. My husband was skeptical, but when it worked that very first time, he was sold. Now, if he starts misbehaving (whining about a dog outside, for example) all I have to do is turn away from him and hold up my hand and he stops.

@raven--I wonder if the shunning doesn't work b/c you have 2 dogs. I know the rationale behind it is that dogs want (above all else) to belong to a pack. If its humans shun it, that is the worst punishment it could imagine. However, if you are shunning one or both of your dogs, they still have each other. Maybe that's why it doesn't work? Oh, and I also do the "bite" on Gunner's scruff, but that's solely for when he's REALLY bad--like trying to go after another animal while on a walk.

@robin--love that the meds are making you a poet! :laugh:

@jt--glad your DH is home!!

@lin--woohoo!! celebrate that victory!!! :drinker:

@cath--glad your daughter is back at home.

@lmack--your trip wounds awesome!!

@vava--:laugh: A pint of blood weighs 3 lbs, but it would only show on the scale immediately after weighing. Your body replaces the lost blood with fluid pretty quickly. However, you do burn about 650 extra calories replacing that fluid during the 48 hours following your donation (exercise calories without the exercise--YAY!!!).

Tuesday Goals:
    Mon--walk dog (donating blood) DONE!!
    Tues--walk dog + core work (union board mtg) Walk is DONE!!! Will do core work later.
    Wed--long run w/ dog (faculty mtg)
    Thurs--core work (haircut/pedi)
    Fri--walk dog
    Sat--walk dog + gym
    Sun--walk dog + gym

Grading goals:
    1. 22/22 vocab quizzes DONE!!!
    2. 5/58 motif analyses (need to work on these :embarassed: )
    3. x/58 short answer tests (forgot about these :grumble: )
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Marsha -I love the idea of a miles or steps challenge so count me in. I am going to aim high and shoot for 200 miles during the next 50 days. This will be a tough week to start but will do my best.

My cat was the same way as the dogs, whenever he wanted attention he would jump up or paw our legs to get it. Then we would get the head butts and the kneading would start. AWWW how I miss his determined personality.

Goal- to stay on track this week even through my exercise time will be cut short due to after work meetings.

pigs can fly- I did workout using the ellipitical tonight and lasted about 8 minutes- honestly I was not feeling the exercise so I stopped. It felt good but I did notice that my foot kept turning out as I exercised- I have been working on this for a while and it completely normal for me. So now I have another thing to work on. Tomorrow, if all goes according to plan I will be playing frisbee golf before my 6;30 meeting. I am looking forward to enjoying the sunshine and getting some exercise.

Congrats to everyone who has had a victory this week. You are doing great.
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals:

~ Lose one more pound this week
    ~ Complete the rest of Week 1 of C210K with minor pain
    ~ Drink more water!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday Wishes: (In case I miss tomorrow with everything going on)

I wish...
    ~ That things start happening for the better
    ~ That I achieve all of my goals for the week
    ~ That I'm able to keep my head above water this week
    ~ That I am able to forgive and forget and move on...

Not much time to update tonight. Been busy today and tomorrow is a half day, but we have a professional development session until 4pm. Did a webinar with NASA today and then went to my friends Gender Reveal Party. It's a boy! :)

Hope everyone is well. I'll try and catch up at some point! Have a great day!

~ Jana
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Fellow 50 Days to Halloween Challengers are, so far:
    naceto, ravenlaramie, janak2004, Kah, lauriek70, beachgirl, toots, and moi! We CAN do it! Go, go, go!

Anyone can join in with their own personal goal. Since October marks the beginning of seasonal BIG TEMPTATIONS (i.e., candy and treats in many of their evil forms), I particularly need some motivation to make good choices and keep moving.

My weekly goal: 60,000 steps
    Challenge goal: 400,000 steps by Halloween
    Weekly total so far: 10,656 steps

Of course, now that I've set my personal goal, my heel and the top of my foot are really hurting. I got new shoes (Brooks) a week ago and they helped a bit, but now I'm really limping. Golly, getting old is for the birds.:frown:
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    @GrammyWhammy - I would love to join in the 50 Days to Halloween Challenge! My goal for most weeks is to moderately increase my activities - right now, my fitbit tells me I take @3000 steps a day, so I would like to get that up that to at least 5000, for a total of 35,000 per week (this is especially important, since I won't be able to swim -- my favorite exercise). During my six-day hike, my goal is to complete 63 miles, so at an average of 2000 steps per mile (not sure the fitbit will last the whole week in the woods), that's 126,000 steps. Plus six weeks at 35,000 steps, for a total of 336,000 steps by Halloween (if my math is right).

This will be a great motivator for me to keep moving after the hike - typically, I would take the rest of the month off, thinking I had earned it. :laugh:

My Wednesday wish is for good health, perserverence, and victories big and small - for all!

See you on the other side of the trail!!! (I will be MIA for a week and a half or so)
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Putting in a small moment of silence to remember all of the innocent lives and brave souls we lost 11 years ago today, and in the days thereafter.

@ Skinnyjeanz: tried the "skinny" pumpkin spice frap today. Not bad but not worth the sugar and calories, IMO. And now it's nearly midnight and I'm hungry; too many cals wasted on a frap.

@ Raven: when you chronically undereat, your appetite eventually lowers, so I'm not at all surprised you weren't hungry. Glad that you're bumping your calories and doing it in a slow and steady way. And beware of trolls on the forums! There's no One True Only Right Way Ever To Lose Weight,though of course there are some more- and less-sensible options. And I think nicholsvj would agree with me in saying that many, many doctors have little to no education in weight loss or weight management (I was no more knowledgeable than the average educated layperson about a lot of these issues until I really started to learn more for my own purposes). So I'm glad you trust your doctor.... but don't let that trust be without some level of healthy skepticism! The calories you're eating now aren't far off of what folks who have had bariatric surgery eat; the primary question you should ask yourself is, "Is this where I want my metabolism set for the next 30 years?" If not, continue your slow calorie climb until you're netting, on average, around your BMR (for goal weight).

What is today... Tuesday. Okay, then my goal for the remainder of the week is to avoid the lure of the blended coffee drink and other sugary goodness, and keep my carbs LOW. Means a high-fat/high-protein diet, but man, do I feel better.

Oh, and my Pigs Can Fly goal is to fit into a size 16 gown for the semi-formal NAMI fundraising dinner that I just agreed to attend on October 9. That's one size down from my current, in one month. I can do that... if I get on board better than I have been in the last two months!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: I was hoping to leave my dear old dog with my brother when I go to my high school reunion, sadly, he is going out of town too. (DARN!):ohwell: So my wish is to find a non-kennel solution for Mr.Doodle, the poodle, because he does not do well in kennels.
  • CelticHippo
    CelticHippo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hmm, Wednesday Wish - I am really not sure that I can think of , other than another 10 hours a day so I can get my part finished craft projects done...
  • regojess
    regojess Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Sorry I've been gone so much recently; I'm realizing that it's been over a week since I last checked in here. Have not read the 10 pages I'm behind yet, so.... Love and hugs to all.

I totally feel you. I've been too busy to keep up with all the posts and I'm probably more than 10 pages behind at this point. Been to busy with my school homework and my work work.

Tuesday goals..... to get back on it. I've been having a not so great week and haven't had time to fit in any exercise beyond my walks with the dogs and even those get shortened. Or my walking around campus. That and when I'm working those are the only times I get any type of exercise at all. Will try to get back on it real soon, maybe tomorrow before I head out.

Wishes to all.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Raven, you are doing great and I would just stick to your friends and this thread, no one here would be that rude!

@Monarchris Oh most definitely. I refuse to post in many other threads at this point. Everyone here has been so good and helpful to me and it's been such a great experience thus far- I can't see it changing :)
    @raven--I wonder if the shunning doesn't work b/c you have 2 dogs. I know the rationale behind it is that dogs want (above all else) to belong to a pack. If its humans shun it, that is the worst punishment it could imagine. However, if you are shunning one or both of your dogs, they still have each other. Maybe that's why it doesn't work? Oh, and I also do the "bite" on Gunner's scruff, but that's solely for when he's REALLY bad--like trying to go after another animal while on a walk.

I never actually thought about that! You know, before, we only had one dog in this house and then the malamute that I got my nana since my uncle and his ex moved out. Now that we have two, it makes sense that they'd seek solace with one another if we shun them (or oddly enough even with our white cat, Rusty).

And I agree- the bite is usually the most severe that these two get when they're acting out (going after one of the cats for instance) but I have had to take a more direct approach and ground both of them a few times (but that is for seriously severe infractions... IE If kenzie growls, barks or lunges at a child.-I dunno if you know what I'm talking about in reference to that... it's basically making them lay down and then rolling them over on their side and "biting" their neck... it forces them into a submissive pose.)
    naceto, ravenlaramie, janak2004, Kah, lauriek70, beachgirl, toots, and moi! We CAN do it! Go, go, go!

Anyone can join in with their own personal goal. Since October marks the beginning of seasonal BIG TEMPTATIONS (i.e., candy and treats in many of their evil forms), I particularly need some motivation to make good choices and keep moving.

Of course, now that I've set my personal goal, my heel and the top of my foot are really hurting. I got new shoes (Brooks) a week ago and they helped a bit, but now I'm really limping. Golly, getting old is for the birds.

Oh gosh I know what you mean! Halloween Candy is my serious weakness! We're gonna rock this though. I know we can do it! :D

I'm sorry your foot is hurting. :'( I hope it stops soon!

Weekly goal: 329 minutes of some serious belly dancing (WOOT!)
    Challenge goal: 2350 minutes of belly dancing
    [/b]Weekly total so far:[/b] 35 minutes (I gotta pick up the pace on this one!)
    @ Raven: when you chronically undereat, your appetite eventually lowers, so I'm not at all surprised you weren't hungry. Glad that you're bumping your calories and doing it in a slow and steady way. And beware of trolls on the forums! There's no One True Only Right Way Ever To Lose Weight,though of course there are some more- and less-sensible options. And I think nicholsvj would agree with me in saying that many, many doctors have little to no education in weight loss or weight management (I was no more knowledgeable than the average educated layperson about a lot of these issues until I really started to learn more for my own purposes). So I'm glad you trust your doctor.... but don't let that trust be without some level of healthy skepticism! The calories you're eating now aren't far off of what folks who have had bariatric surgery eat; the primary question you should ask yourself is, "Is this where I want my metabolism set for the next 30 years?" If not, continue your slow calorie climb until you're netting, on average, around your BMR (for goal weight).

You're gonna laugh at me but I want a metabolism like my brother has. I really am severely jealous of him- he can eat ANYTHING and not gain a single pound!

Also that is very true. I posted a blog about it the other night. Truthfully, I still don't have a high net gain on my calories, but I've only gone into the negative a few times. I usually try to net AT LEAST around 500 after exercise, but I'm going to bump my intake up a little more throughout the week. I've read here and there that it's good to change things up to keep your body guessing. I figure now's as good a time as any to bump it up again... even if it's just a couple hundred calories. I think I might have a bit more energy to burn that way too lol.

Wednesday Wish: Ok so I went on a tangent last night so I think I've been on my soap box enough for one month lol! My Wednesday wish is simple: I want to get in the habit of exercising throughout the day instead of waiting until the end of the day and cramming it in- something way back in the back of my mind tells me that's not the way to do it. I also really really really want to get better at this dance video I bought! The belly dance routines I've been doing have been so easy and now all of a sudden I'm jumping into moves I've never seen before (it's belly dance/bollywood). I have been practicing though so I'll get it!

And random note- my dad told me a quote today that just... I don't know how to describe it for myself. The quote is "Nemo me impune lacessit". What is that translated to? "No one provokes/attacks me with impunity." To me, it makes me think of my ultimate goal- to be a cop.
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Of course, now that I've set my personal goal, my heel and the top of my foot are really hurting. I got new shoes (Brooks) a week ago and they helped a bit, but now I'm really limping. Golly, getting old is for the birds.:frown:

My weekly goal: 21 miles
    Challenge goal: 147 miles
    Weekly total so far: 0 - starting tonight

Now that I've set my goal, I really have to stick with it. I've finally gotten back on track with eating and planning snacks throughout the day especially when I work late. I really need to update my snack drawer at work. Any suggestions for things that keep well?

Wednesday wish: to follow through on my fitness goals. I seem to have trouble doing that.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    My weekly goal for the Halloween challenge will be to keep up with the heart zone training workouts (helps to build endurance) both my regular trainer and metobolic trainer have set up for me - these are supposed to condition me for running again. Which brings me to a long-range goal I just set - my trainer and I set a goal for me to run the half marathon at a huge annual event here in Dallas, next year. He plans to run it with me.

So far this week - I'm really energetic this week, so no "off" day planned:

Sunday: Personal Training - DONE!
    Monday: Cardio (VO2) Test - DONE!
    Tuesday: Personal Training - DONE!
    Wednesday: Elliptical (Zones 2-3 for 40 mins)
    Thursday: Personal Training
    Friday: Cross Trainer (Zones 1-3 for 60 mins!)
    Saturday: 10k Walk (trainer wants me to have easy day, so this is it)

Wednesday Wish~That all of the goals I have set for myself are all attainable. I also wish for those hurting and under the weather are better soon. Lastly, I feel so amazing right now - full of drive and energy, I hope it continues...

Kelley
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Looks like most everyone is doing extremely awesome with their journey!
    Sorry I haven't been on here in what seems like an eternity. For some reason life is really taking up ALL of my time and I only get a day or two to get on here to log food and maybe scan through some of your posts. Just a brief intro of me first. My name's Doug and I started on MFP last July. I have 2 kids, twins, who are awesome and love their new daddy. So far I've lost 59 pounds and I'm seriously loving it. I went from doing workouts consisting of getting off the couch to go in the kitchen to get a drink and lunch or supper containing mostly junk to working out 3-4 times a week running 3+ miles. I have decided to start doing sit ups and push ups on my off days(starting with 50 each) then working my way up to more lifting activities during those days. I'm also still doing the "eat more to weigh less" plan and while I'm not seeing the weight come off, I am seeing that I have a lot more energy for my workouts and I'm not running out of gas 3\4 of the way through them. I did weigh this morning and I did gain a pound over the past week but I look at my firm legs and feel the soreness in my stomach and remember that muscles typically will retain water a day or so after a workout so I'm not too anxious about this gain. If I've learned one thing during this expedition(and yes I do mean expedition because it IS going to be a very long journey) its that success shows itself in many different ways. Don't be down on yourself because you haven't lost 4+ pounds in a month. Think about how much you've done that you couldn't do before. Are you able to walk down your driveway without getting out of breath now(me at the beginning)? Have you started to go to the gym 1 or 2 days a week and taking a class that you never would have taken before because you didn't want to be the fat one(yes me)? Have you been able to finish that class without feeling like you were going to pass out(again me)? Are you able to get up and play with your son for 10+minutes without needing to sit down to rest(YES AGAIN ME!)? This path is something that affects not only you but also those around you. They will see the differences in you more than you know and more than they will tell you. I remember the first time I went out to a benefit run with my son. It was only a mile but Brandon saw me actually running and got a huge grin on his face when he saw me take each step. He was actually ecstatic that i was getting in shape. He was seven at the time but had never seen me do any kind of exercise before. I loved seeing his reaction and that just fueled me to complete the mile run. I'm now planning on doing a 5k at the end of this month and plan on doing more 5k's in the future.
    I guess what I'm trying to say in a really lengthy way is; don't quit. You don't know how much what you're doing really makes a difference to others so don't let up. You can do this! Hey, if I can do this anyone can!

Take care of yourselves
    Doug
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    @Doug: You really amaze me! And are so very inspiring. Seeing how you have been running and pushing yourself has made me refocus on my running.

I started C25K again this morning. Even started at W1D1 and I will be honest it was a little tough, not that I was out completely out of breath and tired but I think it was all the starting and stopping. And it was on the treadmill. I'd rather have been outside BUT my daughter was home and even though my husband was there I just didn't want to leave home and her wake up and freak out. Also she woke up before I got on and would've been upset had I left. SO I just improvised and used the treadmill on a bit of an incline....very small incline but and incline none the less. I have done Zumba Mon & Tues and ran this morning! Now getting up this morning was fine...got up at 6am-ish. But tomorrow I am nervous about because I am going to have to get up at 4:30-4:45.....I just don't know how I'm going to do it. But I'm going to! If I for some reason can't get up, I will just have to do it after work, some how! But I HAVE to do it in the morning. I will make it work :)

I'm just finally feeling back into my normal routine FINALLY.

So hopefully I start losing again :)

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Tina
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to chill about my weight gain -- it's all gone away again now so it was just a blip. You know, I *know* this stuff... And I'm really proud that yesterday, despite hunger and a trip to the pub, I managed to just squeak under my target. Today I have bags of energy and am not hungry at all. Funny how it goes, isn't it? So here's to a good loss next week.

@Raven -- re brothers who can eat anything; men do get this a bit easier, and young men in particular. But when they study people who can eat anything, they find that they tend to use up loads of energy in their daily lives, and in practice don't eat as much as they think they do. They're just better at not eating when they're not hungry (something I have always been hopeless at).

@Tina -- well done for getting back to C25K. And on an incline!

@Doug -- what lucky kids you have, who have a Dad with loads more energy now!

Wednesday wishes -- still wishing for that housework fairy...

-- Alison
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    "Now that I've set my goal, I really have to stick with it. I've finally gotten back on track with eating and planning snacks throughout the day especially when I work late. I really need to update my snack drawer at work. Any suggestions for things that keep well?"

Beachgirl, things that hold up well without refrigeration are: Laughing Cow wedges, 100 calorie packs of almonds (cinnamon are my all-time favs), medjool dates when I must have a sweet, freeze-dried fruits like mangos, apples and peaches, individual servings of peanutbutter, pre-measured baggies of pistachios in the shell, breakfast bars (choose these carefully), clementines (not too long in drawer :tongue:, turkey jerky (watch the sodium), and herb tea with artificial sweetener (will need a mug and hot water, of course). I'm sure you can think up a few more healthy choices. Make your own snack bags at home to save $$$.

Oh, and if you have access to a microwave, even better. Imagine and Pacific have the most delicious 2 cup boxes of soups--many low sodium--that can be zapped in flash! Just need a large mug and a spoon. These will keep well in your drawer along with packets of tuna and premeasured baggies of healthy, fiber-rich crackers, crisps and rice cakes.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @Doug: You really amaze me! And are so very inspiring. Seeing how you have been running and pushing yourself has made me refocus on my running.

I started C25K again this morning. Even started at W1D1 and I will be honest it was a little tough, not that I was out completely out of breath and tired but I think it was all the starting and stopping. And it was on the treadmill. I'd rather have been outside BUT my daughter was home and even though my husband was there I just didn't want to leave home and her wake up and freak out. Also she woke up before I got on and would've been upset had I left. SO I just improvised and used the treadmill on a bit of an incline....very small incline but and incline none the less. I have done Zumba Mon & Tues and ran this morning! Now getting up this morning was fine...got up at 6am-ish. But tomorrow I am nervous about because I am going to have to get up at 4:30-4:45.....I just don't know how I'm going to do it. But I'm going to! If I for some reason can't get up, I will just have to do it after work, some how! But I HAVE to do it in the morning. I will make it work :)

I'm just finally feeling back into my normal routine FINALLY.

So hopefully I start losing again :)

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Tina

way to go getting back on track.