No More Excuses - Week 11

Options

Replies

• tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Galina!

Ann - I hope your employee feels better soon.

Tammy -- well? What did you have for lunch and how did you like it?

We ran out of time and didn't get to go to Applebee's after all. DH spent too much time in the gym. I was finished in an hour but he wasn't so we ended up at Fatz, which is closer to our house, in our yucky exercise clothes! We had to be back home by 2:30 for our youngest to get off the bus. I got a grilled chicken Philly and baked potato. I cut everything in half as soon as it came to the table and got a to go box. It was really good and I ended up with about 550 cals that way too. I hope to get to Applebee's on our next date lunch. We try to go once or twice a month just the two of us while the kids are in school.
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Been an ok week, had a great start, and been moving sideways ever since. My weight tends to move around quite a bit depending on my sodium intake. I guess I am like a big sodium sponge. Worked out every day, but I was not as strong this week as I have been in the past. Only ran 3 miles on Tues/Thurs, and had to stop in the middle and walk a bit yesterday (probably from lack of salt :happy: )

Anyway, here I always report the weight from the gym with my shoes and gym clothes but at home I have been coming so close to breaking the 200 pound threshold (without shoes and gym clothes :embarassed: ) On Wed I was 200.0, On Thurs I was 200.0, and this morning I was 200.4. I haven't been a very good eater today, so I doubt tomorrow will be much better, but each week I seem to be making progress.

I am ready for the diet to be over, and I am sick of the cold weather. Hoping springtime and 189 pounds comes sooner rather than later.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am back on it as of today, I am going to make the most of Febuary and try to stay on it and focused all month long without going over on my calories. Sorry for the absence, I have been so busy. My hubby and I went car looking on Monday and we got a new Jeep, well it is a 2006, but the person that had it before us took really good care of it and it looks brand new. Tuesday, we had a bunch of errands to do, Wednesday, we had a parent/teacher conference with my daughter Anna's teacher, Thursday, we had to take my daughter to a Pediatric Urologist b/c she has been having blood and protein in her urine, but they said they didn't think anything was wrong with her kidneys and we have to collect her urine when she first thing in the monring after she gets up and take it to the doctors office for three days in a row. Yesterday all we did was ride the roads and we had to have our taxes filled out. So, today I am doing absoultly nothing. I will watch my food but no exercise due to my TOM, I am in so much pain due to the Endometriosis. Anyways sorry to go into all of that, but as you see we have been so busy but I need to focus and no more excuses to eat junk. I hope you all have a great day!!!!!!!!!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hello everyone...Just got back from the Monster Jam. My little guy had a blast. It cost me a small fortune but it was worth it. He got his stuffed "Gravedigger" moster truck signed by the driver and was so excited. We had seats right down at the floor and between the fumes and the dirt I need another shower. My eyes are burning terribly. I need to work some today and most of the day tomorrow, so everyone have a good weekend.

Laura...Glad to see you back. Hope things calm down for you this week. Prayers that your daughter is okay.

Jack...You will get there soon. You are doing great! Some days (like today) I just want to eat everything in site and could care less about my weight. It just gets to be too much sometimes but then I get back on the wagon and go again.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good evening team. Well what a day of house work. Feels good to get things back as they should be though.

Tonight I get a house full of teenage boys. Today is Trevor's 14th Birthday. Doesnot seem possible.. No excercise tonight because they have already claimed the TV....Wii...PS2...X box and whatever else is down there!!!

I am not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. Haven't even drank my water today. Guess I better go get some.

Have a great evening.
    Ann

oh....Laura it is nice to see you back with us....
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I had Biscuits n Sausage Gravy this morning (803 calories), so I decided to put in a 6th workout this week. I ended up running 2.5 miles at the gym. (ended up with 3168 calories burned this week)

Now I have 600 calories left for dinner. Way over on Sodium/Sat Fat for the day, but that is nothing out of the ordinary for me and weekends. Still up a pound from last Tuesday, but down 2 for the week.

The sun came out today, I had that big breakfast, and its the weekend, so things are much better today.
  • tamelab
    Options
    I had Biscuits n Sausage Gravy this morning (803 calories), so I decided to put in a 6th workout this week. I ended up running 2.5 miles at the gym. (ended up with 3168 calories burned this week)

Now I have 600 calories left for dinner. Way over on Sodium/Sat Fat for the day, but that is nothing out of the ordinary for me and weekends. Still up a pound from last Tuesday, but down 2 for the week.

The sun came out today, I had that big breakfast, and its the weekend, so things are much better today.

Sounds like you did better than me. I was under calories and fat and then I sat down to watch TV. Big mistake. Most nights I have to type and don't get to watch TV, which turns out to be a good thing. I just can't seem to watch TV without eating--first the rest of the key lime cake, then cheese nips. I'm going to bed before I find something else to eat.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! I got on the scales this morning and wish I didn't. I am back up to 265.4, however I am not stressing about it, just getting back to what I need to be doing. I have come a long way b/c when I tried to lose weight before, if I would gain I would just give up and gain it all back, but I won't do that now, I know that this is not easy and if I want it I have to work for it. I hope everyone has a great day!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Well......sounds like all of our scales are not being nice to us. Mine wasn't. I am back to 164. DAD GOME IT!!! However with TOM I expected it as I didn't make it to curves on Friday cause I was in so much pain, and then yesterday had a fundraiser dinner so you know those are never "low cal". Haven't done any excercise this week-end. Thank goodness we can start a new at anytime. My time is today.

I plan on getting on the wii this afternoon because I HAVE TOO. I feel so much better after I work out.

My brother is doing well. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes.

Well I think I am off to start my day....Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!
    Ann
  • tamelab
    Options
    Happy Sunday all...Church is cancelled and I'm snowed in. My husband has a 4 x 4 truck, which I drove to the Monster Jam yesterday and somehow I totally killed the battery. I had to get it jumped off when we left the show yesterday and drove 45 minutes home and the battery still wasn't charged. Will have to get a new one tomorrow when DH is off, but it sure would come in handy today. I have no intentions of trying to drive my Saturn wagon anywhere today. Might as well get some work done.

Ann...Glad your brother is doing better.

Laura...Sometimes I have to start my "diet" again every day, but winning is the fact that you start again and don't quit.

Have a great day.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi all

So today was the last day of the month and I went to do my measurement and weighed in. I normally don't weight in 2 times a week but on the last week of the month i usually do. Today i lost another 2 pounds and am at 187. That makes 7 Pounds for the month. And as for my measurments, i went down 2 inches on my hips and waist. I am feeling pretty good and i hope all of you had success this month. Lets do it all over again in February

1/01/2010 194
    1/07/2010 191
    1/14/2010 190.5
    1/21/2010 190.5
    1/28/2010 189.5
    1/31/2010 187.0

sarina
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    It is Sunday, it is a new week, it is a great day! I am slowly getting into the game, weighed today and weigh 158 lbs. That is only up 3.5 pound from my lowest weight so here we go AGAIN. It is raining, I have the day free, no church, sick kiddos, email your weights to me if you want or let me know who to send mine to. Let's get a new thread started, let's be positive, let's have a great week!! :flowerforyou:
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!! I haven't weighed in yet, been working on my new lappy trying to configure everything.

Will send my weight to whomever wants 'em.

Amanda - it's good to see you back :D
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hi all

So today was the last day of the month and I went to do my measurement and weighed in. I normally don't weight in 2 times a week but on the last week of the month i usually do. Today i lost another 2 pounds and am at 187. That makes 7 Pounds for the month. And as for my measurments, i went down 2 inches on my hips and waist. I am feeling pretty good and i hope all of you had success this month. Lets do it all over again in February

1/01/2010 194
    1/07/2010 191
    1/14/2010 190.5
    1/21/2010 190.5
    1/28/2010 189.5
    1/31/2010 187.0

sarina

Congrats!!!!! Those re awesome accomplishments!!!!! Keep going!!!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good afternoon all!

Amanda good to see you back and glad things are beginning to get better. You are so right..... A new week....Thank Heavens!!!!

Tammy sorry about your truck. That is never any fun. My dh and ds (the 19 yr old) have been working on one of the motorcycles all day. Glad they have a heater in the garage as it is pretty nippy here.

Just finished with my work out on the wii. Did 20 min of run and some kung fu. My HRM says I burned about 300 calories. I think that is more accurate than what the game tells me I burn.

Well is anyone watching the PRO bowl. I think I am the only football fanatic on here!!! LOL Doesn't look too promising with the date change. Glad it is going back to Hawaii next year!!

Have a wonderful evening.
    Ann
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hello team...I need some advice. I went to Beachbody.com and found Slim in 6 and Turbo Jam for the same price. Anybody tried both and have a preference? Thanks.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Hello team...I need some advice. I went to Beachbody.com and found Slim in 6 and Turbo Jam for the same price. Anybody tried both and have a preference? Thanks.

I haven't tried them myself, but I have a friend who loves the turbo jams.
  • tigermom79
    Options

Sorry....No help from me! Haven't tried either one!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Morning team!!! AHHHHHHHH Monday morning! Which means a new chance to begin again!!! THANK GOODNESS!!!!! I need a new start. Last week was not kind but this week is going to be better!!! ;)

Work should be busy and seems like after work I continue to have projects and activities! A little warmer here today. In the 50's I think. I am ready for spring!!! I enjoy all the seasons of Colorado but by this time I am getting cabin fever bad...... DS & DH are getting the motorcycles ready to ride so I hope it warms up soon so we can be on them!

Well...everyone have a fantastic Monday!
    Ann
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Well this weekend as bad, for the body. To much alcohol on Fri night, ate wings, and more beer on Sat, then Chinese food for supper on Sunday. So much salt and cals on the weekend I am up 3.5 pounds from Monday. Hopefully will be back down by Wed.

In abit I will do 2 or 3 circuits of Jillians No more trouble zones, prob the shoulders and abs, 1 core, and then another. I also will be going to step aerobics this evening.

Back on track today for eating. Hope everyone has a good day.