dash of soy sauce
    dash of garlic powder
    dash of black pepper
    Heaven!
  • spark409
    spark409 Posts: 96
    Options
    Hey everyone
    Ive found that Ive been depriving myself too much so that I go on a 3000-4000 calorie binge on the weekends.
    :(

So as hard and counter intuitive it is for me
    Im making an effort to stop dieting too extreme and eat little treats throughout the week so I dont lose control on the weekends.

So far Ive found brown rice cakes and maria gullon biscuits. (4 cookies = 100 cal WOW)

So what are some of YOUR fav snacks that are pref lower than 200 cal?
    (Please dont say fruit, carrots and hummus or nuts etc...)
    eating carrot sticks all week is the reason why I eat 3 packs of chips on the weekend :(
    obviously I want relatively healthy snacks not loaded with trans fats and sugar.
    maria cookies are really good.
    choc chip and short bread :) 'check them out guys !!

anyways... ideas anyone?

I have chocolate chip/oatmeal cookies down to just over 100 calories each by substituting Stevia for granulated sugar (still use regular brown sugar). Will continue to play with recipe and swap out full butter for a lighter version (when I get some!) and expect to make this an even lower-cal treat that satisfies the sweet tooth.

nice do share ur recipe with me when u perfect it :)
    it prob will be healthier to make homemade cookies than store bought...
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley PB Dark Chocolate Protein bars. Can get at most any grocery store and they are really good. I had 2 today and really want another...
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    My snacks for salty are Pop Chips that come in many flavors. Costco has them boxed in 100 cal bags.
    Alexia sweet potato fries Chipotle seasoned 30 for 130 cals.
    For sweet:
    Slow churned Dreyer's Ice cream or frozen yogurt, @130 cals for a half cup on a 20 calorie cone.
    Cascade Fresh orange cream fat free yogurt, stir and freeze until slushy, about 90 min.
    Any juice mixed with sparkling water half and half.
    Flavored Coffee, fresh ground half decaf and half caffeine, 1 tsp sugar, 1/3 cup 1% milk or Almond milk.
    good with Noni's biscotti, (110 cals, 4 gr. fat)
    Hot chocolate, fat free, topped with marshmallows or Redi Whiip
    Linn's fruit pies Peach and Blueberry are 380 cals for an individual serving. I cut it in half and have it for two days.
  • KSofiak
    Options
    whatever you like! .. cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, curry powder. I've only ever made my kale chips with garlic seasalt and cayenne pepper, but the chickpeas can basically be made with any spice you like. u can find tons of recipes on the internet if u look up roasted chickpea poppers. good luck and sorry for the late post :)
  • KSofiak
    Options
    i have a serious chip addiction so im always looking for new substitues. so far the best that iv found is kale chips, they are addicting! just drizzle the kale with a little olive oil and whatever spice you like and bake for 10 - 15 minutes. i use a little garlic sea salt, but garlic powder works as well. my friend uses parmesan cheese if you like cheese.
    a sweet-craving snack would be roasted honey cinnamon chickpeas. make sure the chickpeas are completely dry, add a little olive oil, cinnamon, sugar, bake for 35-40 minutes, take out of oven & drizzle with honey and let dry. you can also make roasted chickpeas with any type of seasoning. sooo good! :)

wow actually im liking all those ideas thanks.
    will def try kale chips.
    what sort of spices do u use?

whatever you like! .. cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, curry powder. I've only ever made my kale chips with garlic seasalt and cayenne pepper, but the chickpeas can basically be made with any spice you like. u can find tons of recipes on the internet if u look up roasted chickpea poppers. good luck and sorry for the late post :)
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i cut an apple in half, scoop out the core & fill it with a mixture of oats, brown sugar, flour, and butter.
    its like apple pie & sooo delicious!
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/09/delightfully-baked-apples.html
  • chayleah
    chayleah Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I agree that just munching on fruit doesn't satisfy my snack needs, but fruit topped with cream cheese fruit dip is amazing and sweet enough to feel like dessert. Sometimes I will also put nuts on top....soooooo good. You can also take premade pie crust and cut it to fit in muffin tins. Bake it and then top with fruit & whipped cream.

I have also found that buying things in individual serving sizes make me less likely to overindulge.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I hear you, so what I do is bake. I get out my clean eating cookbooks and find some delicious desserts that are also low cal, low fat and highly yummy! like almond butter cookies, or slow cooker carrot cake and blackstrap molasses cookies. There are a lot of recipes online.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    im not sure on calories but it cant be that much ... i love pitta with cottagecheese +pineapple and some ham =D yummy! infact im going to have ome tomorrow for lunch =D
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I really like frozen berries and yoghurt at the moment. 1 cup of frozen berries and 100 grams of lite yoghurt, mixed them together and leave for a minute or two then mix it again and it is like frozen yoghurt. So good.
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Today for a nice little snack I ate 2.5 cup limit of Popcorn, Indiana All Natural Aged White Cheddar it was delicious and satisfying. It was 160 calories. To me it was so worth it!
  • ReyneDrop
    ReyneDrop Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want to eat.

Granted, that's typically like raisins or banana mini-cupcakes (which I make myself), but if I want ice cream, I eat ice cream. If I want chips, I eat chips. The secret is in portion control. Measure out ONE serving, then put the container away, go to a table, and eat. When you're done, go out of the kitchen and do something else to preoccupy yourself.
  • RubySinclair
    RubySinclair Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've been on a frozen yogurt kick lately. 110 Cal for 1/2 cup serving.

Sugar content is a little high, but I enjoy it in the evening as a sweet, low cal snack before bed.

Me too!
    Sure beats the Ben & Jerry's pints I USED to snarf down!
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    laughing cow cheese (I do the wedges--garlic and herb--or the babybel light) and townhouse flatbread crackers (italian or garlic). 1.25 servings of crackers (10 crackers) and 1 wedge is ~105 cals.
  • canadianbugga
    canadianbugga Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    A monkey shake made with a frozen banana and unsweetened chocolate almond milk. Or "cherry cheesecake" made with a half cup of cherry sugar and fat free yogurt, and a half cup of cottage cheese.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I crave savory snacks rather than sweets, so mu new go-to is Triscuit crackers...Love the Balsamic and Basil Flavor. I top them with egg salad, or tuna salad, and 6 loaded crackers are 250-350 calories depending on the toppings :)
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I hear you, so what I do is bake. I get out my clean eating cookbooks and find some delicious desserts that are also low cal, low fat and highly yummy! like almond butter cookies, or slow cooker carrot cake and blackstrap molasses cookies. There are a lot of recipes online.

ummmm....almond butter cookies?! those sound delish. wanna share the recipe? :)
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    http://www.myarcticzero.com/nutritionfacts.php 150 CALORIES PER PINT

ENJOY:drinker: