September Challenge - Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred.

Options

Replies

• RickyKruize
    Options
    Did day one level 2 today am expecting very sore muscles tomorrow!
  • limico91
    limico91 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ive completed 7 days so far and on my rest days have gone to the gym.
    It was weigh in day for me today and Ive lost nothing, which having PCOS doesnt surprise me BUT Ive but on 2 inches round my waist, and inch on my hips, and half and inch on my thighs :(
    Still going to battle on with it with day 10 being Thursday and starting level 2 on Saturday.
  • moomaq
    moomaq Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ive just completed my 1st work out. i'm in.. I'll post up my measurements soon

Has anyone worked out how you could enter them into the exercise section in myfitnesspal?

thanks

MOO

Waist 33
    Hips 41.0
    Thighs 24.5
    Calves 14.
    Arms 11.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I've experienced some weird weight changes though - I lost 1.5lbs in the first 2 days then gained 4 freakin' lbs on day 4! I've lost one of them this morning (day5) but hope the rest come off soon! I know it may be water/sodium related (not TOM) or muscle gain, but if they don't go away soon I'm going to add in some extra cardio and see what happens.
    I don't weigh myself every day, but on about Day 4 or 5, I wanted to see if I was on the right track, so I weighed myself and found that it was the same, so I pushed a little harder that day, and then the next day found I'd actually gone up. It was only after I increased my fluids and took a rest day that the scale dropped down. The more I research, the more convinced I am that you should NOT go more than 6 days without taking at rest day or two. I would say, try taking 1 rest day this week and see what that does for your results. You have the rest of your life to make it up if it doesn't help you in one way or another.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've experienced some weird weight changes though - I lost 1.5lbs in the first 2 days then gained 4 freakin' lbs on day 4! I've lost one of them this morning (day5) but hope the rest come off soon! I know it may be water/sodium related (not TOM) or muscle gain, but if they don't go away soon I'm going to add in some extra cardio and see what happens.
    I don't weigh myself every day, but on about Day 4 or 5, I wanted to see if I was on the right track, so I weighed myself and found that it was the same, so I pushed a little harder that day, and then the next day found I'd actually gone up. It was only after I increased my fluids and took a rest day that the scale dropped down. The more I research, the more convinced I am that you should NOT go more than 6 days without taking at rest day or two. I would say, try taking 1 rest day this week and see what that does for your results. You have the rest of your life to make it up if it doesn't help you in one way or another.

Thanks. Glad to hear it's not just me! I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day, but I do it out of curiosity and don't let the numbers affect my motivation or anything. I've just never gained that much in a day (it's now up to 5lbs, btw!) so wondered what could be the cause and If I should tweak anything. I'm in for the long haul! I drink around 10 glasses of water a day but will try and increase that from today.

I'm also now convinced about the rest day point. I read yesterday that it's during the recovery from the stress of exercise that muscles improve, so for them to be in a constant stress state is counter-productive and just leaves you prone to injury. I don't think I could go more than 6 days without a break anyway, mentally or physically.
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    This is very interesting because my weight is up 5 pounds and I have finished 30DS and am doing RI30. I weigh myself on Fridays, I used to do it everyday and my friend who asked her trainer about it said only 1x a week so I am trying to break myself from the everyday thing. But it is very disheartening to see you have gained weight on Shred, and no inch loss for me either. But, I feel stronger, my clothes aren't tight, so I can't figure it out either. i take 1 day a week off, usually Sunday. Not here is another mind blower for me........I measured my thighs last night, (my thighs are pretty slim to start with but I thought when I looked in the mirror they looked different) well. up 1 inch from when I started Shred............Not fat, but muscle. But who wants bigger thighs,,,,,,,,,not me! What the heck....It's all the squatting and lunging I think..........Any ideas here for me?
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I completed D8 L1. My back hurts this morning, so I will probably take it easy today. I love when I notice improvements in the push ups though. I'm now doing 6 real ones, and I started at 4. I used to be able to do 12. I'm 1/2 way there! :laugh:
  • brittaneybasak
    Options
    I did L2D1 and it was insane...I thought I hated jumping jacks I really hate planks! I was not able to do near as much as I would have liked but hoping now that I know what to do it will be better. Also this was much harder since I am not coordinated! You would be laughing if you saw my husband and I trying to do these crazy exercises that I have never done before :) I hope everyone else is feeling the burn!
  • gingerjen7
    Options
    I did L2D1 and it was insane...I thought I hated jumping jacks I really hate planks! I was not able to do near as much as I would have liked but hoping now that I know what to do it will be better. Also this was much harder since I am not coordinated! You would be laughing if you saw my husband and I trying to do these crazy exercises that I have never done before :) I hope everyone else is feeling the burn!
    I know I am! (Feeling the burn, that is) Those chair squats with v-flys are brutal for me. I can make it all the way through the first set, but the second set I have to satisfy myself with doing as many as I can, and then doing every other one until she's done. I swear, she's trying to kill me.
  • desirae1983
    desirae1983 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I completed D8 L1. My back hurts this morning, so I will probably take it easy today. I love when I notice improvements in the push ups though. I'm now doing 6 real ones, and I started at 4. I used to be able to do 12. I'm 1/2 way there! :laugh:

I wasn't able to do the "girl" push ups since I had my daughter last November. Happy to say I can do about 12 in a row now. However - I always feel awkward when I try to do real ones...then I believe if I feel awkward, I must be doing them wrong. I can't remember the last time I did real push ups. My goal is to be able to do so by my bday in February :)
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I wasn't able to do the "girl" push ups since I had my daughter last November. Happy to say I can do about 12 in a row now. However - I always feel awkward when I try to do real ones...then I believe if I feel awkward, I must be doing them wrong. I can't remember the last time I did real push ups. My goal is to be able to do so by my bday in February :)
    Desirae... In my first round of the Shred, I couldn't do ANY real push ups until after I went all the way through. Then I went back to L1 and found I could do push ups!! :bigsmile: You will get there!
  • Estefanie1102
    Estefanie1102 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I have been wanting to find others who want to do the dvd, so this would be GREAT support for me.

Thanks!

E
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Well, I took a rest day from The Shred (realised I had slightly strained a tiny muscle in my groin/top of thigh pushing through the last of those freakin' arm raises) and did a Zumba class instead. I also upped my water by 3 glasses and hey presto - I'm down 6lbs from yesterday! So those pesky 5lbs and another one for luck are gone, hopefully to stay.

I think I'm going to stick to 2 days Shredding then a rest/cardio day from now on.
  • desirae1983
    desirae1983 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Desirae... In my first round of the Shred, I couldn't do ANY real push ups until after I went all the way through. Then I went back to L1 and found I could do push ups!! :bigsmile: You will get there!

That is awesome! I can't wait!! It's such a great move - I want to be able to do it properly!
  • gingerjen7
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I have been wanting to find others who want to do the dvd, so this would be GREAT support for me.

Thanks!

E
    It's never too late! Well...I guess in October it would be too late for the September group :laugh:
  • gingerjen7
    Options
    Well, I took a rest day from The Shred (realised I had slightly strained a tiny muscle in my groin/top of thigh pushing through the last of those freakin' arm raises) and did a Zumba class instead. I also upped my water by 3 glasses and hey presto - I'm down 6lbs from yesterday! So those pesky 5lbs and another one for luck are gone, hopefully to stay.

I think I'm going to stick to 2 days Shredding then a rest/cardio day from now on.
    If there was a like button, I would like this. Congratulations!
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of us start alternating the workout with something else. It's all good!
  • Zoelesley
    Zoelesley Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    had to take 3 days off due to some seriuos scheduling at work and just not literally not havig that 25 mins till after 10pm and i was just too tired. i have walked every day though other than yesterday, today i fully intend to walk and then do the shred, so tonight will be day 7!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I did D9 L1 today. One more workout and then I will take my measurements (and post to my blog, because that helped to keep me motivated the last time I Shredded). I felt SO GOOD working out today, and much stronger (I've technically only done 4 workouts more recently, cause the other 5 were way back, so I really like the way this is going!). I'm so ready to bump it up to L2, cause L1 has gotten sooo boring.
    kiekie... Way to break through!!
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    today is day 9 of level 2 for me! and...i might actually start level 3 tomorrow and then take saturday as a rest day since level 2 i kind of have the hang of already!