Should men be stronger then their female companions?

Options

Replies

• fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I need my man to be stronger and weight more than me..just sayin
  • Peezy4President
    Peezy4President Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I feel like a man should be stronger than their lady so that they can protect her if anything should happen. Also, i feel like most women want to feel protected and comfortable with their partner. If the woman is stronger then so be it, but i sill feel like the man should be the protector of the woman and the family. Im old school tho.
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    :sad: Uh Oh. Yes, call me a chauvanist pig, but I think a guy ought to be stronger than his lady barring some kind of serious medical issue. It's a pretty well accepted man rule in most places.

OK, maybe if she is an olympic power lifter there is no shame in that, but otherwise you lose your Man Card and can't attend our secret meetings.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    haha! I think it depends on the relationship. I'm pretty ok with the fact I can wrestle with my skinny a** BF and pretty much dominate...he refuses to arm wrestle me though I keep taunting him..scared lol... I'm 95% sure i can take him. :bigsmile:
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Greg curls more than me, i deadlift more than him. He bench presses more, i shoulder press more. My biceps are the same size as his too. if he doesnt like me lifting more, he can start working out. also, arm wrestling isnt so much strength as technique. i always lise because of bad elbows....unless i pinch his wrist. :)
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    husband-of-the-year.jpg

Just saying ;).

I do prefer when my man is stronger than me. Somehow just sexy and you feel protected cuddling up in his arms.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I think so...I'd be pretty devasted if my man couldn't pick me up and carry me around and stuff like he does! :sad:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Cos I just beat mine at an arm wrestle, as Ive been lifting heavy and he is devastated . . . . . . . . . . oops
    you shouldve let him win. poor guy is probably sobbing into his pink pillow cuddling his teddybear right now
    lmao
  • Peezy4President
    Options
    husband-of-the-year.jpg

Just saying ;).

I do prefer when my man is stronger than me. Somehow just sexy and you feel protected cuddling up in his arms.

lol funny pic
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Whew....I'm still stronger....but that was close
  • Peezy4President
    Options
    3697a2ad33f05ee4c79b9b8f54b39365.jpg
  • MarshallCroft
    Options
    Good job beating him in arm wrestling!!! If his ego's hurt, he needs to suck it up and DEAL!!

Overall it depends on the dynamic of the relationship. If I was him I'd be working out WITH you... but then again I'd be IMPRESSED if my SO could beat me over-the-top. Or if she ran faster, or if she could pick me up and tackle me... It's all fun and games. What guy WOULDn't have fun with that? Oh, right, the guys that still wonder about their manhood...
  • wocko6092
    wocko6092 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well i just wanted to say well done. you beat me and no i didnt let you win. I'm so proud of you not just for beating me but because of your journey that you have taken. Yes maybe i should work out more and no my ego is not crushed. I know i encouraged you to make this post as a NSV and i never thought you would of got this sort of responce.
    I like all the funny post's that have been placed on here and I look forword to the rest of your journey and many more play fights.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    yes they ( we ) should, buy if the lady dosn't mind then I guess it's all good.
  • Peezy4President
    Options
    Well i just wanted to say well done. you beat me and no i didnt let you win. I'm so proud of you not just for beating me but because of your journey that you have taken. Yes maybe i should work out more and no my ego is not crushed. I know i encouraged you to make this post as a NSV and i never thought you would of got this sort of responce.
    I like all the funny post's that have been placed on here and I look forword to the rest of your journey and many more play fights.

Facebook-Like-Button-big.jpg
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

:heart: Example of superior mental/emotional strength.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I generally hate it when people post this to threads as if they have any say over when a thread ends, but it seems very appropriate here (although I'm certain it won't actually happen):

/thread
  • hteejay
    hteejay Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    husband-of-the-year.jpg

Just saying ;).

lol funny pic

Thats just embarrassing.. And HELL NO>> MAN UP!!! You need to upgrade!!