Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for February

Options

Replies

• tigermom79
    Options
    I just got my wii and the games with it ( Jillian 2010, wii fit plus, biggest loser, and your shape) Im super excited. Im going to be doing it during nap time and when the kids are sleeping. my 1 year old likes to sit between my legs as im going the wii fit. lol

That would add a degree of dificulty to the excercising!!! ;) Good Luck. I love my wii fit plus.
  • penelope1001
    penelope1001 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am in! My goal was 30 mins/5 days a week, and I met it in January. I am halfway through the EA Active 30 day challenge, and doing some light aerobics or yoga on rest days with Wii Fit Plus. Haven't lost weight yet, but am feeling much better, sleeping better too.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    February 1 AND a Monday. I just did my hour on the Wii, sitting here soaked in sweat. Burned up about 250 calories. That's about good for me at this stage. Not counting all the runs up and down the stairs at work. And aside from the cookie I couldn't resist today, my numbers came out pretty well. Even ate my exercise calories today, well, more than half . So thats good, right?

All I have is the Wii Fit at the moment, and don't really plan for anything more intense for another month. Waiting for the 6 month post op (hysterectomy) mark before I push myself too hard. Figure I just keep at this pace and the timing will be perfect, as by then my diet better sorted out as well.

Work sucked today, bad, first there were the cookies, lol, and then I learned starting tomorrow I have 10 hour days ahead for me for the next few months. Going to need the stamina, so as hard as it will be to find the time, I am determined.

And hey tigermom, I still have yet to pass 600 on the Kung Fu. But if I beat your score, you're gonna here about it! :-)
    I only will do two rounds of that before i get bored tho. I generally will do a few fun things to warm up, and then I go into the My Wii Fit Plus and let it pick a routine for me. It's more of a constant flow that way , and pushes me to do things I wouldn't choose on my own. Spend 30 or 40 minutes that way and go back to doing some yoga and strength training and a silly game or two to wind down. Dang the lunges were killing me tonight. Hoo boy! I tackled the biking too late in the game,I was very unsteady and running into rocks as if they were the goal, haha.

Now its reward with a hot shower and a little time on the inversion table. I love that thing. It doesn't burn calories, but I find it very relaxing and gives a superb stretching.

Hope ya'll are going strong out there. My goal tomorrow is to have the fruit and not the cookie! Maybe a rest day from the Wii, and back at it Wednesday.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    For Monday, I completed day 3 of the challenge, burned 237 calories. Ironically, this morning, I decided to pass on the gym and did my Wii Fit + and also burned 237. That's a good way to start the day without going to the gym, but this evening is a Zumba night, and I plan to push myself to make up for my missed run and weight time this morning. Everyone have a great day!
  • Lianne95519
    Lianne95519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am in too. I just started a 6 week challenge with EA active. I like the idea of doing some Wii fit plus yoga on my rest days. I think I'll try it too. Thanks for the good idea.

Lianne
  • teetee1281
    Options
    I am in too. I just started a 6 week challenge with EA active. I like the idea of doing some Wii fit plus yoga on my rest days. I think I'll try it too. Thanks for the good idea.

Lianne

Lianne, when you get to the point of reverse crunches, let me know if you have hard time with them. I did, so I ended up skipping that one, other than that, I don't have too much of a problem with the remote registering what I am doing. Today is my rest day from the 6 week challenge.
  • teetee1281
    Options
    I just have to share this information! I was surfing through Amazon, and I saw that they have an Wii Step Platform. I'm overseas and the NEX does not carry it, but I haven't heard anyone mention having it. I thought this to be so cool, because it will increase your wii step workout. It's only $17 online at Amazon. Does anyone have this? If so, what is your opinion of it?

I think I am going to have to put me on a Wii budget, :laugh: but I just love my Wii!
  • lin1979
    Options
    I'd like to join in too. I have been using the Biggest Loser game for the wii for a few weeks now and really like. I'd like to try to do at least 5 days a week for 30 min. How do you guys enter it in for your exercise on here?
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I am new to this whole thing. I got the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas and am still learning about it. Any suggestions on what is a good calorie burning exercise to try out?
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I am new to this whole thing. I got the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas and am still learning about it. Any suggestions on what is a good calorie burning exercise to try out?

Glad you can join us Jess. The best burners on the Wii Fit are probably the Run and the Hula, go for advanced and the Super Hula if you are up to it. Some of the strength training moves and yoga are also good if you do repetitions. Skateboarding also is one of my favorites. It always tells you how many calories you have burned after an exercise , so you'll know.

I too am curious how people enter their Wii time. So far I have just picked a few various exercising kind of willy-nilly until the calories add up .

I have done several days in a row on it and am taking a rest day tonight since it's my first of many 10 hour shifts at work. Will be nice to put my feet up for once! Back at it tomorrow though, no matter what time I get home.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of new names this month and a whole lot of us that were here in January. That's great. This will be fun spurring each other on.

Has everyone set their goals for this month? I think most have.

I did my usual 30 minutes of free step last night. Today is yoga at work day, so I will probably only do 10 minutes on the Wii tonight.

Good luck resisting office treats to all of us who work in "those kinds of places". lol

There are quite a few of you working on 30 day challenges. - Good luck with them. We will all be interested to see how much weight you loose at the end of the challenges. Remember it's not just about the weight but about the inches too. So if your not loosing check your measurements. I bet some of them have gone down.

Have a great day everyone,

JAM
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Thanks I'l have to try that out tonight. I'm going back and forth between the Wii Fit and the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. When I enter my Wii Fit into mine I just add a custom exercise and it has you enter the amount of time and how many calories burned. That's how I usually enter mine. Thanks for the help! Much appreciated!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all! WOW there are a lot of new people! That is super. I didn't get on the wii last night as my dh was crashed in the family room and I didn't want to wake him!! :( Hopefully will get some time in tonight!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
    Ann
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Glad you can join us Jess. The best burners on the Wii Fit are probably the Run and the Hula, go for advanced and the Super Hula if you are up to it. Some of the strength training moves and yoga are also good if you do repetitions. Skateboarding also is one of my favorites. It always tells you how many calories you have burned after an exercise , so you'll know.

I too am curious how people enter their Wii time. So far I have just picked a few various exercising kind of willy-nilly until the calories add up .

I have done several days in a row on it and am taking a rest day tonight since it's my first of many 10 hour shifts at work. Will be nice to put my feet up for once! Back at it tomorrow though, no matter what time I get home.

I make use of the My Workout option. Its a great way to focus on exactly what you want to do, you can count on at least that number of calories being burned everytime you work out and its a great way to keep track of how long you'll be working out.

I start with yoga, then strength training, then finish with yoga. Then if I know I ate a lot or I want to eat more, I'll do the run and the hula as well as the boxing until I burned that number of calories. Then in the excercise log, I just enter whatever excercise and change the time and calories burned
  • Tibur86
    Options
    I got the Wii Active game a few weeks ago and LOVE it! The only thing I wish it had was more ab workouts. What do other people that have this game do for ab workouts?
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    TeeTee,
    How are you laying on the floor for the reverse crunches? I find it's messed up if I don't lay on the floor with my feet toward the tv and the wii sensor.
    I absolutely hate those!
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    Tibur,
    Have you looked under preset and custom workouts? I'm fairly certain there are a few ab intensive preset workouts there. I love going in there and building "fun" workouts on rest days. I'll do lots of cardio boxing, squash, paddle surfing and water skiing.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Hey thanks a lot KarmasBFF for the tip. I have been doing the yoga and love it. I use to do yoga quite frequently and it's amazing how I am not so limber as I use to be. I'll get there though. I'm going to have to try those other ones out tonight as well. Really appreciate the input. Looks like we have the same goal weight and I'm just a couple of pounds behind ya! I wish I would've found this website a lot sooner for all the support and ideas! :-)
  • Tibur86
    Options
    Buzzkitty- I'll have to check that out tonight and see if i can find it. I love doing the boxing too! I didn't realize there were water sports on there either so I'll have to see if I can find those too tonight. Thanks!
  • Tibur86
    Options
    hey buzzkitty-
    i didn't find the paddle surfing or water skiing...do they add more activities as you do more workouts? I just have volleyball, basketball, baseball, and tennis.