• B_Mindful
    B_Mindful Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    rachy_09, sent you a PM.

Barb
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Except that it's "by and large" not "by enlarge." FYI.

"Enlarge"....
    Bwahahahahahaha!:laugh:

On a thread about gaining weight! Bwahahahahaha!:laugh:

*wipes away tear...

Best thing I ever read....
    sigh.....:flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone noticed but Dlmowrey stated in her profile "..had my thyroid removed 7 years ago".
    As "the thyroid gland produces hormones that balance all body functions, including your metabolism" this has gotta be a factor in her weight loss programme.
    If I were in this situation I would be consulting a dietician or some other professional.
    Well intentioned as the MFP community is, it may be counter-productive or even dangerous to tell someone without a thyroid gland, "your not eating enough"....

Considering this important bit of information was NOT there when the thread was started it would be hard for us to notice it. Not sure when it was added but when I looked and made my reply in the first pages the profile was empty.

Dimowrey didn't have their thyroid removed 7 years ago. They were just responding to another post.

When you go and ask people for 'help' then it is in your best interest to actually give people details. This - if it's even true - would have been a good detail to know!
  • deadliftfan
    Options
    OP is about to become HAES/FA.
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Wow. I was thinking about posting a question about my diet/exercise but after reading this post I think I'll pass.

Some of you are so mean! Just because other people don't follow your strict rules and diets and exercises doesn't give you the right to jump on your high horse and put others down for thier struggles.

It's awesome you work out 6x a week, twice a day, and eat EXACTLY 40% protien/20% fat/30% carbs, and that you can take time out of your busy days to record every grain of salt or pepper you add to your grilled asparagus..*claps*

If this is supposed to be a supportive community, it sure doesn't show in this thread.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    There is no try. There is only do.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    :cry: I'm with ya...since I started MFP..I've gained 10 pounds , I started at my ultimate goal weight of 109, after alot of hard work and, now back up to 120 since the last time I weighed myself, scared to get on the scale...not happy...I ork really hard, wrk out almost everyday, watch what I eat and log everything, drink water......ughhh... I am on the brink of quiting too

Muscle weighs more that fat and judging from your profile pic you've got muscle.

Muscle does not weigh more than fat. A pound is a pound, be it feathers or gold. Muscle is more dense than fat.

EXACTLY...i have no muscle...I may look slim, but I jiggly wiggly wiggly
  • MouseFood
    MouseFood Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It took me about 3 months to lose because I was having a LOT of other issues. It wasn't until I got some medications sorted out that this really started working for me.
  • withtree
    Options
    I have been struggling and I am starting Slimquick. Just curious, has anyone had success with Slimquick?
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    silly
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Just scroll down at all the replies from your original post and look at everyone's weight loss ticker, almost all posts show a loss. That is proof that they are doing something right, and the one thing they all have in common.....is this site.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I call bullsh*t. It does work! I have gained back some weight, but that's because I stopped exercising and ate like a pig. You may need to lower your calories if it is not working. Also, maybe there are health issues that are interfering. Remember, it is a computer program that calculates your calories and not guaranteed to be 100% accurate.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Quit.

Its obvious you are doing something wrong. Start at the beginning and go from there.
  • jennaworksout
    Options
    Why are you trying to lose what??:noway:

:cry: I'm with ya...since I started MFP..I've gained 10 pounds , I started at my ultimate goal weight of 109, after alot of hard work and, now back up to 120 since the last time I weighed myself, scared to get on the scale...not happy...I ork really hard, wrk out almost everyday, watch what I eat and log everything, drink water......ughhh... I am on the brink of quiting too

I lost 60 pounds, then when I joined my fitness pal, not to lose more, but to maintain, I gained 10 back...I want to relose those 10 again,
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Well for one it takes more then a month for some... If you didn't put on the weight over night, how can you expect to lose it over night?

For two, you are barely eating anything... so maybe try eating more. Also eat more whole foods and not as much processed... and drink plenty of water.

Three, I hardly saw any exercise in your diary... so throw some of that in. Cardio/strength training is what I've found out to work best.

^^^^^^ This
    Keep at it....be honest with yourself....drink you water
    most importantly....BE Patient!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Wow. I was thinking about posting a question about my diet/exercise but after reading this post I think I'll pass.

Some of you are so mean! Just because other people don't follow your strict rules and diets and exercises doesn't give you the right to jump on your high horse and put others down for thier struggles.

It's awesome you work out 6x a week, twice a day, and eat EXACTLY 40% protien/20% fat/30% carbs, and that you can take time out of your busy days to record every grain of salt or pepper you add to your grilled asparagus..*claps*

If this is supposed to be a supportive community, it sure doesn't show in this thread.

Do you want results? Because those of us that do want to see results will log our meals, will always try to hit our macros, and will work out regularly. You have to be consistent, and make time to make fitness work.
  • jennaworksout
    Options
    I have been struggling and I am starting Slimquick. Just curious, has anyone had success with Slimquick?
    yes I used it it, It was a great supplement to my diet. Plus a way to drinkmore water as I hate drinking water lol, it doesnt perform miracles or anything but certianly you will benefit if your eating well and exercising :wink:
  • CarrieQuiteContrary
    Options
    Giggity goo.
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    (1) Eat REAL food (not processed all the time)
    (2) Eat LOTS of veggies
    (3) EXERCISE (long walks PLUS lifting weights). If you can't go to the gym, they sell lots @ the stores.

You have to move & build muscle :)

Please don't give up! Hundreds of people have had amazing success here. Perhaps log into one of the support groups?

All the best!
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Do you want results? Because those of us that do want to see results will log our meals, will always try to hit our macros, and will work out regularly. You have to be consistent, and make time to make fitness work.

I've been here almost a year now, and I have seen results.

Like I said, I am all for being consistant and logging when you need to, exercising, etc. I just don't think it's right for others to put people down because they aren't as strict with themselves.