Do you care about your birthday?

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I love my birthday!! It is a special day, why would one not care?

*insert arguments here*

EVERY day is special!!

:tongue:

Indeed it is, but that day is especailly special.

Do you care about your birthday?

I don't! But I'm divorced and just like to spend the evening with my little man and make dinner. I'm an old fuddy duddy it seems *LOL*
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Side note: I feel really bad for people who have birthdays that either fall on major holidays like Christmas or on really awful days like September 11th. It's hard to be all "Yeahh!!! Let's celebrate!! Happy hour time!!" on 9/11...

My boyfriend's brother's bday is on Halloween and I'm SO jealous. I would be so excited about getting to have a costume party every year for my birthday! But he totally wastes his cool birthday, and never even dresses up or anything. What a waste.

My birthday is the week before Halloween. Oh yes. There is a costume party coming. Oh yes. I am dressing up as Rainbow EFFING Brite.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I will be 41 in December. I love birthdays! My boys (high schoolers now) make me gifts (Like awesome beaded DNA Double Helix earrings!!) or pick out something special. I get cake! and my husband takes me out for diner or shopping (I hate to shop, but he always piccks out great outfits for me. He is me prsonal shopper).

Cake, Presents, Breakfast in bed sometimes-- what is not to like??
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was born on Thanksgiving. I could never skip out on having a huge feast with my family with birthday cake and presents afterwards :D
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Nope, don't care one little bit about my birthday. No one has ever made a big deal of my birthday so I guess I grew up with the notion that it is just another day and who cares. I am only getting older and one of these days they will stop altogether. It makes it hard to care about anyone else's birthday though. My kids always wanted birhtday parties and I did let them have them, I just don't understand the fuss.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    BF and I are ten days apart. We have Birthweeks.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    No. It's just another day as far as I'm concerned. I go to work, I come home, I do whatever I'd normally do. I don't like anyone to make a big deal over it.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    My birthday is two days away....and I've been celebrating all week. After all, I am a Princess. :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! (for Sunday).

:drinker:
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    It wasn't that long since I was 21 (turn 24 this year lol) so I still care about my birthday. Only because it's an excuse to get drunk though :laugh:
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have never cared, but turning 35 next month and for some reason, it's really bothering me. :(
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I love my birthday. Turned 34 in may and had the best party ever. I have always been super morbidly obese...even as a baby and grew up with everyone telling me I wouldnt live past 21....so ever year is like a friggen victory, lol
  • miltongurl05
    miltongurl05 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Let's assume you're all grown up and not about to turn 21...

Do you make a deal out of your birthday or not? And why?

Not really. It feels like just another day to me. It is nice to hear people wish me a Happy Birthday, but I don't expect anything. I make a big deal out of other people's birthdays.....just not mine. I guess it's because I've always been more of a giver! :smile:
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    A simple 'Happy Birthday' is good enough...besides that no biggie :drinker:
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I never really cared. My birthday is Jan 5, so it is shortly after all of the big holidays. Recently I have scheduled my vacations around it, though, as an excuse to take a trip to a resort for some ice fishing.

This next one, though, will be my 50th. We'll see how I feel about it as it gets closer.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I used to get really excited about my birthday - it's at the end of August so I usually have a lovely long bank holiday, which I claimed all of lol!! The last 3 years though I haven't been so excited about them - I'm 30 next year...woah, where has the time gone...not even sure I'll really celebrate that one to be honest!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I haven't cared about my birthday since I turned 21 (11+ years ago). Do I want ppl to say happy birthday and maybe have my favorite dinner and a cupcake? Sure! But I don't need to countdown to my friends and everyone in my family or make a list of things I want or expect everyone in the world to stop and homage to my AWESOMENESS because I was cut from my poor mothers womb once upon a time...I have family/friends who do all of these annoying things and they're probably the reason birthdays are just another day to me.

I AM A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE DAMNIT...Look at me!!!

Pretty much EXACTLY how I feel :)
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Birthday *kitten*!!!! Presents, cake I am all in. It is the one day out of the year that i get to be pampered, so damn right, I am living it up. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I don't make big plans for my birthday but I do get excited about presents and I always take the day off work. I was 29 yesterday :D
  • ellehcimyelhsa
    Options
    I make a big deal out of everyone's birthday! I like making elaborate over the top cakes for them. My husband is a police officer so I make him a police car cake every year :) I am already planning my daughter's first birthday party, which isn't until January!
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 33 in a week and a bit (on the 24th) and i always get super excited about my birthday! lol. even though it's really all not that exciting. I never ask for anything for myself and me and my hubby just go out for a meal or something (we don't have kids so it's not like it's a break from kids or anything like that to make it 'extra special' lol).

but this birthday is extra special this year because i look better now that i've lost 56lbs in the last few months so i actually am looking forward to treating myself to some new clothes! (probably at a thrift store, because designer jeans and stuff are just too pricey!)