Do you care about your birthday?

Options

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Of course I care. It's the one day out of the year I can do whatever and not care. I have friends that claim birthday weeks...
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Meh. I just turned 24 and truly and honestly, i was just happy to have my son and husband as my gifts :) my hubby did get some gaming stuff for me as well as some clothes. I don't make a big deal out of it just because it means i am getting older and also too because the most important people remember my birthday and if people don't its like "eh, your loss." I didn't go out to drink on my 21st, but it was still memorable because that is when my husband proposed to me :)

To me its another day, a year older means a year wiser. :happy:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I think my 18th was the last birthday I was really excited about. After that, I just started getting less and less enthusiastic. Now it's to the point that I almost dread my birthday. I'll be 36 in January, and I am not crazy about the fact that the big 4-0 is not far off. :sad:
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    I share a birthday with Hugh Hefner. I get some beer and watch dirty movies with my wife.

What? Anything wrong with that? Didn't think so.
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I like it being celebrated, but I don't make a big deal out of it. It's always got lost because of the holidays (I was born on Thanksgiving...so every few years it lands on Turkey day.) Most of the time people don't even acknowledge it, which is fine. But my hubby better be sure to do something! I do care about my birthday, and I think its the one day I should get a free pass on cooking, cleaning, and working (I have worked on my birthday before...but I didn't like it!). I try to make it that special for my husband, so that his day is special for him too.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Side note: I feel really bad for people who have birthdays that either fall on major holidays like Christmas or on really awful days like September 11th. It's hard to be all "Yeahh!!! Let's celebrate!! Happy hour time!!" on 9/11...

My boyfriend's brother's bday is on Halloween and I'm SO jealous. I would be so excited about getting to have a costume party every year for my birthday! But he totally wastes his cool birthday, and never even dresses up or anything. What a waste.

Mine is a couple days before Halloween, and I am the same way as your friend... I feel like more people care about Halloween than my birthday, and I don't like that. Hahaha.

Anyway... I LOVE my birthday, and usually celebrate for at least a week.

But now I hate Halloween... oh well!
  • meldins0831
    Options
    I just turned 29 for like the 5th time so... What was the question?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'll be 35 this year, so I'm not particularly happy about that!

Weirdly enough, my husband's birthday is exactly the same day as mine, so that makes it more interesting, and it's like christmas in a way as we swap presents.

The best birthday was my 30th as that's when we got engaged. Then next birthday I was a few weeks pregnant with our 1st child, so that was special.

I doubt we'll do much this year, unless my MIL can babysit so we can go out.
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My birthday didn't mean too much to me. My 20th Birthday absolutely sucked. I was 350 in the red in my bank account, one of my longtime friends moved away on that day, and the drummer from my favorite band, Avenged Sevenfold, died on my birthday, December 28th, when he was 28 years old. (Creepy for me). Not to mention my then boyfriend wasn't the greatest.

On my 21st birthday, I really wasn't looking forward to it, but Nich (bf of 2 1/2 years now) made it magical. He gave me the Scary Stories Treasury by Alvin Schwartz. I thought that was my only gift. He then asked, "How old are you?" I said, "21, you know that." He said, "Turn to page 21." On page 21 were two tickets to an Avenged Sevenfold concert in exactly one month from the date. That was my best birthday ever.

He then told me it's his goal in life to make me have a better birthday than that one, to try and outdo himself.

I used to not look forward to my birthday, but it's pretty hard not to now, lol!
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love my birthday, not for cake and candles and fuss, just because it's special to me, I do drop a few hints in advance to my man haha x
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Nope I like it to pass without too much notice. Just a quiet dinner is fine by me
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    besides the totally cheesy reason that i feel blessed to celebrate a new year....i am TOTALLY a birthday *kitten*. i have a 1 month countdown and everything. haha :)

MAY 18TH PEOPLE.

I am not kidding. We are freaking kindred spirits. Only you've figured your *kitten* out and I'm still working on it.

May 19th :)

lol May 20th!

Can we get a 21? Anyone?
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I used to, but my husband's parent's anniversary is on the same day, and my FIL died...soooooo it's kind of a bummer day now.

Boo hiss.

My FIL died on my birthday too......:cry:
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just care that I make it there. However, I will be turning 40 in 2014 and it will be a big deal for me. Some friends and I are going to Jamaica. No husbands/significant others, no kids...just the ladies!!!! This, for some reason, is the only birthday that I've ever been excited about. And no, I'm not planning a How Stella Got Her Grove Back moment. I actually have a close friend in Jamaica and would actually like to visit her for a change. I want to lay out on the beach, take in the scenery, and admire some Rasta's from afar. Anything else would just be a bonus.:drinker:
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Not really, but my approaching birthday (Feb 26) is my 30th so I am aiming to be at my goal weight and throw a big party whether I reach it or not because they say that 30 is the perfect age of maturity and wisdom. Of course, they said that hundreds of years ago when the life expectancy wasn't 80-100. . . but still, I'm ready to do great things in the next 30 years of my life (if I live that long of course) and making it through the last 30 deserves a celebration! :drinker:
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I Loved turning 29. So much so, that I've been celebrating the anniversary of that birthday for the last 12 years. I've gotten SO good at being 29, I think I'm ready to turn 30. Besides, it's getting hard to explain how I have a son (albeit from my hubby's 1st marriage & hubby is younger than me) who is turning 21. I don't think people really believe that I'm still 29. Hmmmmmm. . . . :-)

I enjoy getting a few gifts from my hubby and letting my kids do nice things for me on my birthday **which was just 2 days ago**. But, then you move on. Day over. Fun fun fun!!!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I don't make a huge deal out of it but I do like it when my husband surprises me and makes a big deal out of it.

I actually forgot it was my birthday one year.
  • michelleindeed
    michelleindeed Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My birthday is November 28th, and I'll be turning thirty this year. I'm excited, and I want to do something, but I don't know what yet.
    Often it gets caught up in Thanksgiving stuff (next year it IS Thanksgiving) so when it's a full week later that makes me happy.
    It sucked as a kid having everyone make you share your birthday with a turkey. :/
    Options
    I absolutely hate my birthday and do not celebrate. In fact, I try to let everyone know NOT to wish me happy birthday. Can't stand it.