Replies

• Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i dont care too much...i simply refuse to work on my birthday tho
  • 1nr15
    1nr15 Posts: 155
    Options
    love being with people on/around their birthdays... i don't care too much about mine as long as i'm with family and friends :smile:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I might but no one else does - so I just celebrate my kid's instead which is a week before mine.
  • Shawty_Ro
    Options
    haven't celebrated my bday for the past 3 years, but I fully intend to this year... my bday = halloween :):flowerforyou:
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I do because that is the day that i was born and god granted me that day so it is special to me
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    This is kind of sad. But I always go out of my way to make my birthday a big deal for myself - because as a kid no one else really made a huge deal about it. I spoil myself and make sure I have a nice dinner.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    nope, not at all....at least that's what I pretend to feel since nobody else ever cares...

^^This. Everyone asks me what I want to do and then nothing that I want to do ever happens. They take me to a crappy resturant that they know I hate and make it seem like they are doing me a HUGE favor. Last year I got a Raider's pillow pet.....that was it. We didn't even go out to dinner because it was a "busy" day and then everyone forgot. I actually cringe as my birthday approaches; its in 2 1/2 weeks and i wish I could just skip it.

Oh, and here's a nice little birthday gem. My parents left on vacation to europe....on my 16th birthday. They left a creepy irish step dancing porcelin doll on my place at the table. That was it. Happy F@#$ing birthday to me. :explode:
  • elcyclista
    Options
    Nah. Neither about holidays.
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Definitely not. Every birthday, you only get older. Why would you want to be reminded of that, or worse, make it a celebration?
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Another thing...my husband asked what I wanted to do for my birthday (read above). Then asks "Its on the 9th right"? No, it is NOT on the 9th. We've been married for almost 11 years. :sad:
  • peles_fire
    Options
    My birthday is a frikkin' holiday. We celebrate them hard-core in my household. We take the day off work and school and spend the day doing whatever the birthday person wants to do. From the breakfast we eat in the morning to the activities we do all day, to the flavor of ice cream that gets served with the cake. It is all about the birthday person. But we do it for everyone so we each get a special day.

When I first met my hubby, he thought birthdays were a waste of time. Guess what his favorite day of the year is now? :)
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Nah. Neither about holidays.

me neither, im a HUGE grinch :laugh:
  • smhammons
    smhammons Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    A big yes my birthday is my holiday it is my day and not some made up holiday that everyone on the planet celebrates but a day set aside for me. And whoever else was born that Day September 1st. Rules!!!!
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    When I turned 50 I was in shock when I saw the "5-0" candles on the cake... but I always celebrate the thrill of my special day with friends and family
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I am making a big deal out of it this year and taking a long weekend. No one knows when my birthday is as I don't tell.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I make a big deal about it inside my own mind by spending a lot more money on myself than I usually would. My mom and I usually go out for a steak and that's plenty of celebratin' for me.

Honestly, I think adults that talk about their own birthday a lot seem obnoxious. Like people who post how many days it is from now on Facebook. I'm just like, get a freaking grip.
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    the way I feel about every day (not just my birthday) but every day I wake up is a great day... look at the alternative, not being able to enjoy the day and appreciate everything and everyone around us....

When we get to a certain age in life and our parents are getting older as well, it does put things into perspective and without sounding cliche, you can't take anything forgranted... birthdays are a celebration of your life just as everyone should celebrate the birthdays of everyone they love