What do you do for work?

Options
123457»

Replies

• fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I write erotica for the cheezy romance novels you see at the check-outs in the supermarkets...:smokin:

Wow. I would have never guessed BC Kitty. :ohwell:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I write erotica for the cheezy romance novels you see at the check-outs in the supermarkets...:smokin:

hey, friend! How goes it?
  • yorkbiz
    yorkbiz Posts: 9
    Options
    Too cool! I've been a donor for Samaritan's Purse for many years. My child actually got us started with the shoebox ministry and then we learned more from there. I love ministry that is practical-helping people where they are and letting the Holy Spirit do the rest.

I am a training manager and teach counselors to work better with consumers who have disabilities to get into employment.
  • yorkbiz
    yorkbiz Posts: 9
    Options
    A shop that sells everything-You have my dream job. How'd you get started?
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have been a counsellor and youthworker for the last 15 yrs
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

hey, friend! How goes it?

I will not know until the caffine kicks in. How r u today?:drinker:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    So, then, Katy... what do you do??? :huh:
    [/quote]

I own my own shop in a small, tiny, itty-bitty town in Italy. I sell a little of everything......toys, jewelry, make-up, gifts, items for the house.....really a bit of everything. It's nice because my daughter just started school this year, which is directly across the street from my shop and after school she comes to work with me. :smile:
    [/quote]

That is awesome! My husband (& his family) are all full Italian! I went from a last name with 3 letters to one with 12!!! Haha! :laugh: The people I work with were like "Can we just use your maiden name?" :bigsmile: haha!

Is that where you are from or did you move there from somewhere? It is my husband's dream to go there some day... his parent's went for the first time last Sept - his Dad is already talking about going back! :happy:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    So, then, Katy... what do you do??? :huh:

I own my own shop in a small, tiny, itty-bitty town in Italy. I sell a little of everything......toys, jewelry, make-up, gifts, items for the house.....really a bit of everything. It's nice because my daughter just started school this year, which is directly across the street from my shop and after school she comes to work with me. :smile:
    [/quote]

That is awesome! My husband (& his family) are all full Italian! I went from a last name with 3 letters to one with 12!!! Haha! :laugh: The people I work with were like "Can we just use your maiden name?" :bigsmile: haha!

Is that where you are from or did you move there from somewhere? It is my husband's dream to go there some day... his parent's went for the first time last Sept - his Dad is already talking about going back! :happy:
    [/quote]
    A shop that sells everything-You have my dream job. How'd you get started?

I'm originally from Michigan. My husband is from Italy. After my daughter was born, we decided it was best to raise her here so that I could be home with her the first few years (and his parents were going nuts without the new baby close by). I opened the shop because I could not find any work here....or rather was upset with the discrimination and the route you must take. Most of the ads list a cut-off age of 25!! And they require that when you submit a resume, that you attach a photo as well!! If there is no photo, your resume goes right into the garbage. Can you believe that? I don't know how the places are that have more tourists. Like I said, I am in a little, tiny village with a population of about 2,000 - maybe. I am, however, only 45 minutes from Venice and my daughter and I take the train quite often. The surrounding cities here are beautiful. I hope to see more when I can. :smile: