STOP EATING AND DRINKING FAT FREE DAIRY! PLEASE READ

Options

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    We are the only species that keeps on ingesting milk, even after we've been weaned from it.

Really? What is it that cats love so much of? Dogs too? How about what vet's give to young rescued animals to help thier growth?
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thanks but no thanks... I will continue to drink my 2 gallons of 1% chocolate milk.... I agree with the others, stop posting Alarmist crap on MFP...... Pointless..... :noway:
    I don't drink milk much, but when I do, it's chocolate 1% milk. I think you probably drink a lot more than me.
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe this! Why would anyone spend time writing such a load of c***?!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Full fat eh? Good way to get diabetes!!!

Huh??!! Wanna explain that?
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Definitely no agenda or bias here.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Here's a little game. You name any food and I'll find an article somewhere saying its unhealthy
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Seriously, the page you've sent me to could have the most scientific reasoning and explanation as why I should stop the fat free dairy but as the web address is butterbeliever.com it kind of makes me not want to take it seriously
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love this post, goes hand in hand with what I've been studying about the paleo diet. However some of that is flawed. I want date, scientific date to back up claims of not eating this and that. I agree about the fats, fats are NOT the enemy, that I have learned.
  • samlankford
    Options
    :smile: gave up dairy months ago, can honestly say i do not miss it one bit...
  • Oranda
    Oranda Posts: 121
    Options
    Cats have problems digesting cows milk, just so you guys know.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

Glad I'm not a cat then xD
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/qa-with-nutrition-expert-alan-aragon-milk.html
    I love it when I hear folks say that human adults weren’t meant to consume milk, much less the milk derived from a different animal species. Are you kidding me? So who gets to decide which parts of the cow we should consume? Let me get this straight–we can eat the cow’s muscles, but not the milk that laid the foundation for the growth of those same muscles? Huh? The logic is just too rock-solid for me. Folks who carry the torch against milk consumption typically will have some degree of allergy or digestive intolerance to it, and they take the liberty to project their personal problems onto the world around them. Many of these same “health-minded” people consume whey protein by the tubload –and this is not only a milk product, but an engineered refined milk product to boot. I suggest you raise a salute to cow’s teats the next time you flex your muscles, and let the rest of us enjoy our milk in peace.
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    ... and where does semi-skimmed goats milk for the lactose intolerant fit into this conspiracy? .. or even "Lacto-free" cows milk?... I dread to think what process that goes through.. but I still drink it and happily so...

Quirky Factoid: According to David Lister, dogs milk apparently lasts longer than any other kind of milk ;)

Goats milk (from what I have looked up and am aware of, so correct me if I'm wrong) actually has more lactose in it that cows milk, where it varies is mostly in the type of milk proteins
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    ALARMIST POST IS ALARMIST

exactly what I was thinking.

Whole fat cheese is a must for me. SO yummy!
    Skim milk I drink because its cheaper and low in calories, I HIGHLY doubt that it is going to make me gain weight or ruin my health

you probably use microwaves, too. bwhahaha
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Fat does NOT make you fat. Sugar (carbs) make you fat. The science is clear people... the government has had it wrong for decades and the pharmaceutical industry has a specific interest in the disinformation that's been propagated.

Nature has it right. Eat what you find in nature and live well. Eat processed, altered, and modified foods and suffer the consequences of that diet.

I'm not being alarmist. I'm just a skeptic turned into a believer after a LOT of research and personal experience.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to read this, but since the topic is written in all caps, I figured it must be SUPER IMPORTANT!
  • nickywire
    Options
    Here's a little game. You name any food and I'll find an article somewhere saying its unhealthy

Papaya. I hate papaya. Please find an article that says it's unhealthy and I will be so happy.

Anyways, I really only like skim milk... Other milks make me feel like my spit is thicker or something (erm, sorry if that's gross?) and yeah. I wouldn't think I would even mind if I gave it up but I still like cheese so...
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    pmsmilk2.jpg
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

Glad I'm not a cat then xD

haha love the responce...i have been drinking 2% for ever..i will never drink anything else...unless i am at my sisters and all she is has is 1%.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I do not require nutrients from the non fat milk I get in my Starbuckk's lattes. I'm just keeping my treat not so calorically high.

I don't actually drink milk. Just use it in my lattes.
    but thanks for the link, mkes sense