Single at 33..why?

Options

Replies

• jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Anytime you're feeling down about being single, go to this website. You will instantly feel better.

http://myfriendsaremarried.tumblr.com/

Haha, that's great.
  • NobleSpirit11
    Options
    I'll be 31 in November. College grad, never married, no children. I have mixed reviews with some of the women I dated. I did make mistakes with some. Unavoidable/unfortunate circumstances have ended other relationships. Others, I couldn't run away fast enough.

In any event, I am not in a rush to start a relationship because of age. When it happens, I'll embrace it.

The same will happen with you. Just give it time. :-)
  • sktllmdrhmzz
    sktllmdrhmzz Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I date the musican types, and they have proven to not make good boyfriends.

Hey! Don't go spreading this around. It's supposed to be a secret. Jeez.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I've been single 4 times.

Unilt I was 22. Then 23 to 27. Then 29 to 33. Then 36 to 38.
  • nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Anytime you're feeling down about being single, go to this website. You will instantly feel better.

http://myfriendsaremarried.tumblr.com/

Umm... hello my favorite website of the day.

Me too. Hilarity.

Watch the movie "Singles" ~ Have fun, stay single!
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I just turned 27 a couple weeks ago, and then was a bridesmaid in a friends wedding this past weekend. It was both her and the grooms second wedding and she is just a couple months younger than me and he is 29. Seeing them both going for their second try when I have not managed to make it that far even once does make me question myself at times, but then I try to remember the good things about remaining single. Plus I am kinda picky about men and really do not want to settle for something less than I want just because I feel left behind.

^^^^ THIS.
    exactly why i'm still single (no kids but want them) and will be 29 in less than a month. i feel your pain, but i'd rather be single and never married at 29 than on my 2nd marriage. i'm picky too, but settling is the WORST thing you could do!
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Lower your standards.
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I just saw another post on how a girl is finally getting attention due to her losing weight. Yeah guys are shallow. So looks like I'm going to be single too.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I was never married, college-educated and well into my thirties when I read that my odds of being killed by terrorists were better than getting married. Here's a link about that misinformation: http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/terrorist.asp

I married at age 36 and had my two kids by age 40. So far, terrorists (other than a few trolls) have left me alone.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i personally don't really like the term "settling", as all too often people use it as the definition for allowing yourself to be with someone who doesn't check all your boxes.

to be honest, i probably had maybe 5 "qualifications" that a guy had to have before i would consider him marriage material.

my husband met ONE of them: that i couldn't picture the rest of my life without him.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    single with them boots? wtf .......
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Someday, someone will come along that makes it absolutely crystal clear why it never worked out with anyone else.

Hold your standards high. He's out there looking for you.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I just saw another post on how a girl is finally getting attention due to her losing weight. Yeah guys are shallow. So looks like I'm going to be single too.

Now that I have a bangin body and look like some kind of Viking Warrior chick... I get tons of attention just going to the store when I look like crap.... ZOMG I NEVER SAW THAT COMING AND I HAD NO IDEA THAT WHEN YOU HAD AN AMAZING BODY THAT GUYS NOTICED YOU HOLY CRAP! STOP LOOKING AT ME OR YOU WONT BE ABLE TO TELL IM A NICE PERSON ON THE INSIDE YOU SHALLOW PIECE OF SHT!!!
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 29, and only started dating my boyfriend 9 months ago. He is 38 - never been married, no kids, etc. Sometimes you just have to wait until you find the right one.
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    its tough out here in singledom. dont fret, just find it as organically as possible.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you wonder how you could be single and unmarried at 33. It's really depressing, bec I know I am a good perosn, but I can't seem to find a good man. I date the musican types, and they have proven to not make good boyfriends. And my man wants me to meet a good Christian/BA Degree/smart/good job etc. and I told her most of them are married by my age. And all the good men are taken.

Sucks becuase everyone my age in the church are all married with kids. I feel like there's something majorly wrong with me. Any thoughts/comments/suggestions?

just be thankful for small mercies. nothing worse than being 33 and trapped in a terrible relationship.
  • NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with being single. I'm 43 and very happily single.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    i personally don't really like the term "settling", as all too often people use it as the definition for allowing yourself to be with someone who doesn't check all your boxes.

to be honest, i probably had maybe 5 "qualifications" that a guy had to have before i would consider him marriage material.

my husband met ONE of them: that i couldn't picture the rest of my life without him.

^^same here. I met my husband at a bar and we were friends for awhile before he got the nerve to try and see if it could go further.
    I was uninterested, uninterested in breaking his heart, too. I really didn't think we'd go far. We celebrated our 10th anniversary last April. We still have very little in common but we make it work. I don't feel like I settled at all.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    #1- Marriage is just a piece of paper.
    #2- You're 33, stop listening to what your mom wants.
    #3- Stop going to church... to look for men.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    SORRY, just had to get that off my chest. if guys can get in trouble for looking at beautiful fit happy women who take pride in their life, and get turned on by it -

Then girls are no longer allowed to utter the phrase... "Well.... he's a nice guy but _____________."