Single at 33..why?

Options

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    A few quotes in here stuck with me.
    They network, but their network is not so great. You need a good network of friends that allow for you to meet other people.

The quick way to short time as a single person is to have a well established friend network. The friend of friend network will set you up with your best prospects.
    Lower your standards.

Male or female, if you are single after 27, this is a necessity. Maybe this isn't the best way to phrase it, but being less stringent is a good way of saying it. The best prospects are taken off the market early, even in this era of delayed marriage.

I love how people in their twenties totally think that those 9 years are the only ones that matter and you have to hurry and finish allllll your living before 30. Breaks my heart. I just want to rescue you all.

This is me. Help me Yoovie!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I love how people in their twenties totally think that those 9 years are the only ones that matter and you have to hurry and finish allllll your living before 30. Breaks my heart. I just want to rescue you all.

HAH! Right on.
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    At 33, if you are still single, you have to change the way you are doing things. Change surroundings and the type of person you're dating. Get in better shape. There are many things that any 33 year old single could do differently. I don't believe we are meant to be single after 25.
  • rocko123
    rocko123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was single at 32, now I'm divorced at 37. Which one do you think I'd rather be?

The answer is that I'd rather either with the ability to embrace where I'm at, which is what I should have been doing 5 years ago and what I'm trying to do now. Being single is better than being married in some ways and vise versa.

A quote that helps me:

"If you're looking for the love of your life, stop. They will be there waiting for you when you start doing the things you love"
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I don't believe we are meant to be single after 25.

Lol!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I'm single at (almost) 40 and I don't care. I'd rather be single and happy than married and miserable. I never did want to be married and I'm open to a partner but not seeking one. If children are the issue, you don't have to be married to have one. However, it sure does help financially, emotionally, and physically to have 2 parents (you still don't have to be married), but not if those two parents don't work as a team. I'm the happiest I've ever been and I don't care that I'm single. Many women in my community tolerate abusive partners because their self-worth is entirely based on whether they have a man or not; I don't get it.
  • JenKillough
    Options
    I'm single at (almost) 40 and I don't care. I'd rather be single and happy than married and miserable. I never did want to be married and I'm open to a partner but not seeking one. If children are the issue, you don't have to be married to have one. However, it sure does help financially, emotionally, and physically to have 2 parents (you still don't have to be married), but not if those two parents don't work as a team. I'm the happiest I've ever been and I don't care that I'm single. Many women in my community tolerate abusive partners because their self-worth is entirely based on whether they have a man or not; I don't get it.

Amen.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I don't believe we are meant to be single after 25.

Wow, way to make a bunch of us feel like crap. I am in decent shape and try to find guys that at least have a couple things in common with me. But I work odd hours and it makes it hard to form a relationship when you are working when most people are out socializing. And before you say change your job, I am in the military and will be for at least the next 4 years so that is not an option.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    At 33, if you are still single, you have to change the way you are doing things. Change surroundings and the type of person you're dating. Get in better shape. There are many things that any 33 year old single could do differently. I don't believe we are meant to be single after 25.

That's hilarious. Are you Mormon or something?
    ETA: At 25 I was on my second degree, starting my Masters and saving for my first home.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    No kids, never married either. Going to be 32 next month.
    Love your life, don't let someone else define you. You'll meet him when you stop looking!!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options

I'm fked then...*runs off to get 15 cats*
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options

Me too lmao
  • JenKillough
    Options

I had 3 cats @ age 34. My husband still must have thought I was prime real estate. *shrugs* Oh well... here's to busting crazy cat lady myths... or, maybe to embracing them :flowerforyou:
  • DMZ_1
    Options

ETA: At 25 I was on my second degree, starting my Masters and saving for my first home.

Nope, not Mormon. Single life gets pretty ungratifying by the time your 26th birthday rolls around, and I think being in a stable relationship by then is a good idea. I do believe the best singles are off the market by then. They may not be married, but they are firmly ensconced in relationships by then.

It is possible to find a good relationship after that point, but the degree of difficulty is increased.
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you wonder how you could be single and unmarried at 33. It's really depressing, bec I know I am a good perosn, but I can't seem to find a good man. I date the musican types, and they have proven to not make good boyfriends. And my man wants me to meet a good Christian/BA Degree/smart/good job etc. and I told her most of them are married by my age. And all the good men are taken.

Sucks becuase everyone my age in the church are all married with kids. I feel like there's something majorly wrong with me. Any thoughts/comments/suggestions?

There is NOTHING wrong with you. You are amazing and beautiful just the way God loved you.

I think it is hard to meet someone in this day and age. I also think some guys need to be brave and courageous and ask girls out.

I'm 32, single, never married, and no children, so I completely understand how you feel, BUT I will never settle. I know God knows who the very best is for me, but I also pray that I keep my heart open for this person.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    this thread has lead me to believe that divorce = happiness. My world has become so much clearer!!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I was married at 19...

...and I know why...

...so I don't even know why I'm in this thread.

Good luck.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Nope, not Mormon. Single life gets pretty ungratifying by the time your 26th birthday rolls around, and I think being in a stable relationship by then is a good idea. I do believe the best singles are off the market by then. They may not be married, but they are firmly ensconced in relationships by then.

It is possible to find a good relationship after that point, but the degree of difficulty is increased.

The best singles are off the market??... Sure, maybe in some one-horse town in Idaho or something. This notion is exactly why people feel pressured into marrying too young and get divorced in their 30s and 40s.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    why not? Is the some sort of time limit that I am unaware of? Enjoy your life, you shouldn't NEED anyone!

and yes I'm married at 45, divorced my first "husband" at 30. Got married way to young take your time-find out who you really are and what's important to you. I don't Need" my husband, he simply adds "more" to my life, which is how it should be!
  • expediciones
    Options
    ups! im 38, single, no ring, no children, and HAPPY!!!...dont waste your time asking why are you "still" single at 33!!!, just change your mind, travel, invest in yourself in all aspect of your life..and when you feel you have no time to anything and anybody, belive me, MR RIGHT is going to show you his big smile !!
    THIS 33 YEARS OLD of yours are good for a lot of wonderful things!!! go for them..and SMILE!!!
    hugs
    :-)