Fit N' Fun-Sized - WEEK 5!

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies, today's workout is complete. I did 59 minutes of P90X's "Arms and Shoulders" dvd and it was not nearly as bad as I expected. I'm stronger than I thought (I guess Jillian Michael's dvd and boot camp got me in pretty good shape) b/c the 8 lb weights I was using didn't seem heavy enough on a good portion of the exercises which means I'm going to have to purchase the 10 lbs very soon (hopefully over the weekend). Nonetheless, I think it was a good introduction and now that I have a better idea of what to expect I'll be better prepared.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    I was feeling sore today so I decided to take it easy and try out some Yoga. Lets just say I am not a yoga person lol. I dont think i am relaxed enough for it. I was wanting to move around the whole time. Now i feel like i should have just done one of my regular workouts so i could have burned more calories in the same amount of time. Oh well...I will walk for an hour tonight with 3 lb. weights for an extra burn. I got some Propel flavor packets for my water yesterday & they are pretty good. I got kiwi strawberry. Its 20 cals per packet. I like that it doesnt have Aspartame in it like a lot of low cal drinks do. It will be good when I want a break from plain water. I'm excited for Fridays weigh in. I have done good all week so i hope to see a difference. Talk to yall later..
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    The Px90 is the new hot thing in exercise routines. How expensive is it and is it a DVD?

Just getting curious.

Well, it was a good day, but a 4 hour ride home in a blizzard. I'm mentally tired and going to go watch a DVD and keep warm.

JAM
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    Hi all you fun sized ladies!! I have been off for a while, not feeling well at all, serious sinus infection and there is nothing they can do to help me...so sad. I have been working out on a reduced scale and trying to eat right. Not gainign actually I am slowly loosing :) hope everyone is doing good
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning ladies, my day got off to a very slow start b/c once again I did not sleep well. I was tired, so, headed to bed about 11 pm but was up around 1 am for no apparent reason. I could not fall back to sleep until about 4 am so getting up to exercise at 6 am was not going to happen. I finally did muster up the energy and got the workout done. Today is day 4 of P90X and it was suppose to be Yoga. I still haven't been able to wrap my mind around doing Yoga especially since that dvd is 90 minutes long. So instead of doing the Yoga dvd I did 40 minutes of the Cardio X dvd which incorporates moves from the Yoga, Plyo, Kenpo and Core X dvds. That was a nice burn and I can feel yesterday's workout of shoulders and arms.

As always I am glad I did the workout AND that it's over for the day.

Jam, I was able to borrow the entire program from a friend so it didn't cost me a dime but I believe the entire program is about $120.00 which includes 12 dvds, a nutritional book and program book that explains things in detail. I know when I see the infomercials you can pay in installments but not 100% sure about that.

I was told this would be the best program for me since I am currently at my goal weight but still want to tone and add definition. There are a few versions to the program depending on your goal. The classic version (which I'm currently doing) involves more weights whereas the lean version has you doing more cardio. I hope I can report some good results at the end of it all although I'm not convinced I can committ to it for a full 90 days b/c I bore easily.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Friday ladies! Today is day 5 of the P90X series and I completed 58 minutes of the Leg and Back dvd along w/some of the Ab ripper X dvd. I can tell already that some dvd will be more problematic for me than others b/c I struggled w/leg and back today. Part of my problem is that I can only complete one pull up and the entire back section is different forms of the pull up. I tried to improvise by wrapping my bands around the pull up so I could at least do some type of back routine. While I did attempt to give it my all I'm really unsure on how successful I was at it. Now onto the problems w/the leg exercises. This dvd incorporates a lot of lunges or one legged squats (or something to that extent) and b/c I have a bad knee it was pretty difficult, so I tried to modify as best I could. All I can say is that I gave it my best and hopefully in time I find better ways to adjust.

Enough rambling, the workout is done....WooHoo, WooHoo!

Since today is so nasty here in GA I will be chillin most of the day w/the exception of meeting a friend for lunch, getting a pedicure and purchasing concert tickets for myself and my two girlfriends who will be visiting next month. I love my girls (friends since the 7th grade) and they're coming in specifically to go to the Fresh Fest concert with me. For all you old School heads out there, Salt n Pepa, Biz Markie, Doug E Fresh, Slick Rick, Whodini & Big Daddy Kane will be gracing the stage next month and the plan is for my girls and I to be front and center representin for all the ppl over the age of 30......WooHoo I haven't seen my girls in about 6 months so this reunion is definitely needed.

Tomorrow: is the lapdance workshop...WooHoo, I'll definitely let you ladies know how that goes

Sunday: two superbowl parties to attend where everyone will be repping the Saints....GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!

What are your weekend plans and if you're attending any superbowl parties will you be bringing your own healthy snacks or indulging on what's provided?
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    I lost another pound!!! :happy: :love: Woohoo!!! Im at 141.6 now. Two pounds in 2 weeks...that must be a record for me lol. Trying to keep the momentum movin...I really want to see the 130's now!! Thanks to all you guys for keeping me motivated!!! I think if it wasnt for you and this site i would have quit a long time ago.
    Choco- Your better than me, I cant even do 1 pull up lol. Just keep workin on it and you'll get there. That concert sounds like so much fun!! Im 24 so they were a lil before my time, but i still love all their music lol. Back in the good old days hahaha. Have fun with your girlfriends!! I am from Philly, so of course I am an Eagles fan...but i am routing for the Saints in the superbowl. They deserve it...and i love me some Reggie Bush! lol...I dont think I am going to any superbowl parties, but if i do i will probably eat a meal before i go so im not starving and just have a couple little snacks so i dont blow my day.
    We are supposed to get a huge snow storm tonight. :sad: SO TIRED of this weather....im ready for spring!! Have a good weekend yall!!
  • jam0525
    Options
    My team won the Super Bowl!

I have been a Colts fan most of my life. Hubby is a Chargers fan so I watch their games too. I think Drew Brees is the best young(er) quarterback and have followed his career since he left the Chargers, so the Saints is my 2nd favorite team. I wish they could both win, but that is impossible. So as long as it is a good game, I will be happy either way.

And my team won the Super Bowl!

JAM
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: we went out for Chinese food and even with good choices there's no way to avoid all the sodium.....I'm drinking a lot of water

:flowerforyou: jzbaby, congrats on losing a pound:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker:

:flowerforyou: we do our Isagenix cleanse on Sundays so whatever we do for the Super Bowl we won't be eating or drinking anything that is served.......none of my favorite teams are playing so we'll probably root for the Saints

:flowerforyou: we have to get up early tomorrow to drive to Seattle so it's bedtime now.
    :heart: hugs:heart: Barbie
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    thanks barbie :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone! Well today is week 1 day 6 of P90X and is suppose to be Kenpo X which incorporates a lot of kickboxing moves, so, instead of doing the actual dvd I went to the gym and ROCKED IT OUT!. I completed 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and burned 305 calories in the process and then I headed to my kickboxing class. I was able to burn over 400 calories in this 45 minute class and I'm feeling really great right now.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Today was a day of healthy eating but too many calories and almost no exercise so I'm way over on my calories:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: We had a fabulous day but it had too many hours in the car and a long meeting that filled the afternoon.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Barbie - I like the new picture. Which dog is that?

It seems like everyone is hanging in there and doing well. We have a big day coming up soon that may well set us all back - Valentine's Day. How are we all going to handle it? There's going to be lots of candy all around us. Any ideas anyone? An exercise challenge? Cutting back a few calories everyday for the next 2 weeks? Post everyday? (although most of us do).

I guess I'm just in a pro-active mood today. lol

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! Go Colts! Go Saints! We have healthy snacks planned for the game.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies. I have returned from the gym after completing 60 minutes on the elliptical. My plan is to eat fairly light during the course of the day so when I go the superbowl parties later i can indulge a little if I choose to. I'm glad the workout is complete, I'm about to shower and just relax for the remainder of the day until it's time to get dress and head out to my destination.

Jam: Valentine's day shouldn't be much of a problem for me. While I do love chocolate I'm not very big on Valentine's day candy/chocolate. I'm also not dating anyone so I have no special plans which means I'm not worried about going over calories. Lastly, I'm currently working from home (i'll be back in the office at the end of the month) so there will be no co-workers bringing in pesty treats.
  • jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I haven't posted for a while, but check in frequently. No, I'm not stalking, I just don't have much to report. I've lost a couple pounds, been watching my intake and feeling pretty well. And I changed my goal - since I'm half way there! :drinker:

My husband and I flipped a coin to see who has to go to (I mean get's to go to) my son's youth Super Bowl party. My husband is going. Yeah! Too many temptations! My son requested pretzel crisps and spicy humus to take with them - even though I offered to make queso. I'm so happy to see the kids trying new food and making good choices. :smile:

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I hope everyone's weekend was filled w/fun, excitement, workouts and rest. Today is week 2 day 1 of P90X and I completed the 52 minute "Chest & Back" dvd. While there are parts of the P90X series that I definitely like and feel like I've gotten a great workout (Plyo, Kenpo & Cardio dvds) there are others I walk away from not sure what just happened although I give it my all on ALL the exercises. I may have to improvise by throwing in some Jillian Michael dvds or going to the gym to get some additional cardio but unsure right now. Anyhoo the workout is complete.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Hey ladies...I finished 50 mins of circuit training this morning (Quick No More Trouble Zones & Biggest Loser Bootcamp). I kinda pigged out this weekend :grumble: so i hope i didnt do too much damage. :frown: Im NOT trying to un-do the progress i finally made. So im gonna amp up my workouts this week.

Goals for today:
    -8 cups water
    -30 mins exercise tonight
    -dont eat all my exercise calories
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I decided to forego the P90X Plyometrics dvd and went w/Jillian Michaels' Blast Fat/Boost Metabolism for a total of 50 minutes. I really like this dvd b/c it incorporates some Plyometric moves, kickboxing and a lot of ab work. I have to admit that since I've hit my goal weight it has been a little harder to get motivated to workout everyday but b/c of my new found friends on MFP I keep pluggin away at it. You don't know how many times over the last few weeks that I've said "I'll skip the workout today" only to remember my dedicated friends here on this site and think to myself "If they can do it, then so can I". I'm not sure how long this will last but I'll take it for now.

Jzbaby: Did you attain all your goals for yesterday (8 cups of water, 30 min of exercise and not eating exercise cals)? You've been doing an AWESOME job, I'm glad you finally broke through your plateau.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Choco- Thanks for the encouragment! :smile: I drank 7 cups water lol...i just couldnt get that last one down. I actually did 2 more workouts yesterday! Total for 4 workouts. I did BL bootcamp and Trouble Zones (short 25 min version) in the morning & at night I did bootcamp again & Jillian Michaels Power Sculpt. But I ate most of my cal's :grumble: I ended up eating a big dinner that i didnt plan on.:angry: I am keeping the same goals that i had yesterday for today. I know what you mean by mfp friends keeping you motivated to work out. I think about you & others when i am thinking about skipping my workout & think if they can do it, so can i lol. I know its probably even harder for you since you have reached your goal...just think of all the hard work you had to do to get to this point...and how easy it is to gain it back lol. And since you are at your goal, taking a day off here & there to let your body rest won't kill ya! I tried the Blast Fat/Boost Met. workout once but i havent done it again cause its HARD lol.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Oh & i forgot to add that I did workout this morning too. I tried one I never did before called 6 Round Slim Down. It was a pretty good workout, it had me sweating! I am so sore from yesterday tho!! My legs and booty are aching lol. Aiming for 30 mins exercise tonight, 8 cups water & be under calories.:happy: